Wearing Camo

NanaBell

I just heard that on some islands it is forbidden to wear any type of Camo clothing does anyone know about this? Not sure if its true and can only find speculations about it on google. We are going to be on the beautiful islands of San Juan, St Thomas, St Lucia, St. Kitts, St Marten, and Barbados... Thanks

Yes that is true that wearing camo in some countries is not advised, but I'm not sure which islands. The same is true for operating two way radios (walkie talkies) on certain frequencies due to interference with Police and Military communications. My advice, don't piss off the local governments and have a great cruise :)

I couldn't find them all at one site, but apparently it is not allowed in St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Vincent,

and the Grenadines. There may be others... not sure. It seems their police uniforms sport at least some camo, so this makes sense. Interesting. I did not know this and had never given it a moments thought, since I don't wear the stuff.

Edited by Towel Critter

I just heard that on some islands it is forbidden to wear any type of Camo clothing does anyone know about this? Not sure if its true and can only find speculations about it on google. We are going to be on the beautiful islands of San Juan, St Thomas,St Lucia, St. Kitts, St Marten, and Barbados... Thanks

I just checked on our Government travel website & Camo is not allowed on

St Lucia, St. Kitts, St Marten, Barbados

http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

Edited by LHT28

Legal in other countries or not......why would anyone wear camo clothes on a cruise?

There are a lot of camo T-shirts - not necessarily true hunting/military type camo, but still camo patterned fabric. My husband was an ex-marine - had t-shirts that were just strictly fun ex-Marine type shirts - had one that said "not as lean, not as mean, but always I am an old Marine - always brought laughs and comments.

I just heard that on some islands it is forbidden to wear any type of Camo clothing does anyone know about this? Not sure if its true and can only find speculations about it on google. We are going to be on the beautiful islands of San Juan, St Thomas, St Lucia, St. Kitts, St Marten, and Barbados... Thanks

"Camo clothing" and "beautiful islands". These are not compatible in any way! ;)

OP NanaBell, do you have a lot of camo in your wardrobe which is causing you concern? Or you were merely curious? Honestly, I would not wear camo off the ship in any port. Wear it on the ship if you wish, but not on any of the islands (in my opinion, of course).

NanaBell answered that they were travelling with a large party, and wanted to pass the info along.

There are a lot of camo T-shirts - not necessarily true hunting/military type camo, but still camo patterned fabric. My husband was an ex-marine - had t-shirts that were just strictly fun ex-Marine type shirts - had one that said "not as lean, not as mean, but always I am an old Marine - always brought laughs and comments.

"Old Marine", sure. But ex-Marine, never. Haven't you heard the old saying:

"You can take the boy out of the Matines, but you can't take the Marines out of the boy."?

"Camo clothing" and "beautiful islands". These are not compatible in any way! ;)

I'm with ya' there.

I ask the same question every time this comes up here...why would you? Are you going hunting, or going to war?.

Then, I believe I found an answer. Google "Mama June wedding dress" for a dandy example of "nice camoflauge", which I actully read referred to in one post.

In reply to the person who asked why one would where camo on a cruise- I live in Texas and am a huge fan and participant of hunting and have lots of camo. I also live very near the largest military installation so many of our kids school shirts (The ones they sale at the beginning of the school year as a fundraiser) and such are military inspired camo. The stuff is everywhere lol :D

Edited by 2Ccruisers

In reply to the person who asked why one would where camo on a cruise- I live in Texas and am a huge fan and participant of hunting and have lots of camo. I also live very near the largest military installation so many of our kids school shirts (The ones they sale at the beginning of the school year as a fundraiser) and such are military inspired camo. The stuff is everywhere lol :D

News alert!!! A cruise ship in not a hunting ground nor a military base, and neither are the island ports visited by cruise ship. :D

Just like I wouldn't wear Hawaiian shirts and flip flops on a hunting trip, or gay pride style clothing on a military base, I would guess that camo clothing is not the best fashion statement to make while island hopping from a cruise ship. ;)