Shorts in MDR

cruzfiend

So true

I have seen people post some remarks here that would have gotten them knocked on their butts if they said them out loud to someone's face .

But sitting at a computer using an alias , they are the wit and wisdom of these boards and of cruising itself. And all their little posses get on their knees and praise them for being witty, and how much they would love to cruise with them.

I see from your list of cruises you haven't noted any on X.....but. everyone is welcome to their opinions on cruise critic...within the bounds of civility

Edited by hcat

So true

I have seen people post some remarks here that would have gotten them knocked on their butts if they said them out loud to someone's face .

But sitting at a computer using an alias , they are the wit and wisdom of these boards and of cruising itself. And all their little posses get on their knees and praise them for being witty, and how much they would love to cruise with them.

Knocked on their butts for something they said? This is the kind of people Celebrity is trying to attract? The goon better line up a good criminal and civil attorney. A felony will put him in jail and a civil suit will take everything he has.

I sure hope I'll not be threatened with a lawsuit for merely giving my opinion. This Thread just gets worse. In my opinion some Posters do hide behind their alias and seem to think that they can insult anybody they don't happen to agree with.

Knocked on their butts for something they said? This is the kind of people Celebrity is trying to attract? The goon better line up a good criminal and civil attorney. A felony will put him in jail and a civil suit will take everything he has.

Not even a cruise ship Celebrity or otherwise. Walk around in your daily life and talk to people the way some people on these boards "talk to about about people and see what you get when you cross the "wrong" one.

Don't forget to pack your monocle and walking stick along with your formal wear.

It's still amazing how people can be affected by what others wear.

Mind your own business, dress how you like.

Thank you, Onslow, for your valued opinion!

So many people on CC are so incredibly hypocritical, so condescending, so judgmental and so downright insulting towards those who disagree with them that, if I had never been on a cruise and had to judge the cruise experience and cruise passengers based solely on the posts on Cruise Critic, I would never go on a cruise.

I actually cancelled a cruise on Celebrity because of some of the posts I read here on cruise critic. Later, I decided I would not allow some anonymous poster on the internet decided which cruises I would take.

Time will tell. What a hotel manager says and what actually happens might not be.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Though I saw some "questionable" outfits on formal nights, I never saw anyone with shorts allowed in the MDR. on the Eclipse Caribbean trips we took the last 2 years.

What ever happened to the good old days when you spoke out of line or insulted some one or their loved one, you took the sock in the jaw , and learned your lesson for the next time.

Bet you have a cervical collar, cane and back brace in the closet at the ready for just such an occasion.

I actually cancelled a cruise on Celebrity because of some of the posts I read here on cruise critic. Later, I decided I would not allow some anonymous poster on the internet decided which cruises I would take.

Good for you :)

You know when the internet and chat rooms first got really big God knows how many years ago, a lot of my friends started getting on dating sites to meet people.

WOW it was like all these "perfect" people were right on line waiting just for me. *LOL* Of course once you meet some of these people they left a whole lot to be desired. I learned from their mistakes and never put too much store in what I read on a chat room (personal wise) .

I would love to sit down and talk to the relatives, co workers and neighbors of some of these "greater than thou" types and see what they are really like

Edited by babyher

Seriously? Opinions on this board are like noses...everyone has one.

I would never let any poster on CC sway my vacation choices.

Seriously? Opinions on this board are like noses...everyone has one.

I would never let any poster on CC sway my vacation choices.

Yeah, but when you're new to the whole cruising scene it can be quite a wallop of culture shock. I've been online for decades and have seen some truly ugly and brutal interactions between online "people", but somehow the petty nastiness here on CC really caught me off-guard.

Though I saw some "questionable" outfits on formal nights, I never saw anyone with shorts allowed in the MDR. on the Eclipse Caribbean trips we took the last 2 years.

I don't recall seeing anyone with shorts allowed in either on Celebrity. ( I did see some in shorts on Royal Caribbean ) What I do recall seeing on Celebrity in the last couple of years is a few passengers attempting enter in shorts, and those passengers being turned away. Time will tell if they continue to enforce not allowing shorts.

I will go by what I observe them doing though, rather than what they say they will do.

Edited by Charles4515

What ever happened to the good old days when you spoke out of line or insulted some one or their loved one, you took the sock in the jaw , and learned your lesson for the next time.

Bet you have a cervical collar, cane and back brace in the closet at the ready for just such an occasion.

Just like the good old days of cruising, they're long gone. Since when is violence the answer?

Unless you are a cute 2-4 year old toddler, spare us the hairy leg visual and go eat at the Oceanview cafe. Right up your alley.

However, if you want to put your Big Boy pants on, come over and dine with those of us who appreciate the fine ambience of a true dining experience and wear something that respects the venue as well as your fellow diners.

Wow, what a way with words you have.

Shame on you. Shame.

Yeah, but when you're new to the whole cruising scene it can be quite a wallop of culture shock. I've been online for decades and have seen some truly ugly and brutal interactions between online "people", but somehow the petty nastiness here on CC really caught me off-guard.

I agree. CC never used to be like it is today. It was a pleasant board, with nice, informative people. But this was in 2000. Throughout the years comments became heated and attitudes changed. Sad...

I agree. CC never used to be like it is today. It was a pleasant board, with nice, informative people. But this was in 2000. Throughout the years comments became heated and attitudes changed. Sad...

That's interesting--I've only been around less than a year or so. Yet another way I feel like I missed out on the "golden age" of cruising. :/

Honestly, this is nothing. You should take a peek in on some of the comics or sports message boards. Petty is the least of it there.... :rolleyes:

And this is one reason why I use my real name while posting here (and elsewhere). Words have power. I put my real name to my comments. This is NOT a swipe at anyone who prefers to use a pseudonym, I am speaking strictly about my own preferences. :) I completely understand why many prefer to go by a different name on message boards.

There are still some nice folks on CC, like yourself. :)

Honestly, this is nothing. You should take a peek in on some of the comics or sports message boards. Petty is the least of it there.... :rolleyes:

And this is one reason why I use my real name while posting here (and elsewhere). Words have power. I put my real name to my comments. This is NOT a swipe at anyone who prefers to use a pseudonym, I am speaking strictly about my own preferences. :) I completely understand why many prefer to go by a different name on message boards.

Like I said--been around a long time, back to Usenet in the Wild West days, etc. Just didn't expect all the low-level sniping, I guess because cruising seemed so genteel and glamorous to an outsider. I forgot rule number one, people are people, and doubly so online. :)

You might want to review the Cruise Critic community guidelines. They specifically state to not use your real name. We are following the rules. You are not.....

"Forum Rules

Important: Do Not Use Your REAL NAME as your USER NAME"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Edited by Charles4515

Like I said--been around a long time, back to Usenet in the Wild West days, etc. Just didn't expect all the low-level sniping, I guess because cruising seemed so genteel and glamorous to an outsider. I forgot rule number one, people are people, and doubly so online. :)

People on here are PASSIONATE about cruising. (Duh. :D) So people tend to take any criticism of their favorite line personally. The same goes when changes are being instituted. Some changes make sense, some do not, some are "***?". ;)

MOST of the people on here are fantastic. And whatever few "bad apples" there are on here, the Hosts do a damn good job in weeding them out. :) They deserve a LOT more praise from everyone for what they do.