Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

The Met is NOT free, and neither is the Ferry. EVERYTHING in NYC is very expensive- a one way subway ride is up to $2.75 per person.

As someone who has been to New York too many times to count visiting a friend who lives there... the Met is not "free".. but it is by "donation"... a recommended amount. You could theoretically pay nothing.

The ferry is free... and lots of people take advantage of it.

I agree most things in NY are expensive.. in particular hotels and restaurants. But there are always cheap alternatives.. and you can blow a day or two alone just walking around central park and different parts of the city. I still haven't been to a few places I always wanted to see. There are also zoos and other museums that have free or heavily discounted days and times throughout the week.

But like others have stated... even if you don't get a refund for the cruise right away.. surely there was at least a few hundred dollars that was appropriated for ports and other areas of the ship. I don't think many, if anyone, brought 0 extra dollars on the ship and only have the money that was spent on the cruise itself.

Either way.. don't need to snap at someone when you are.. in fact.. not correct in your statement. :confused:

free food and accommodations for 4 nights and the larger part of wednesday.... Most passengers unharmed. A slight delay in debarkation due to the logistics of unloading 4 thousand people in the middle of the week when shoreside staff are usually not scheduled to work. Get a grip and deal with it.

Sent from my x10 using tapatalk

lol

I used to work for a travel insurance company and you really need to read the policy BEFORE you buy it. Back when I was in the business mechanical and weather related issues were not covered for trip interruption. Trip delay, yes but not interruption. Hotel after you get back to port would not technically be considered a delay because your trip would be over and trip interruption coverage does not usually pay for those expenses only the unused portion of the trip. You most likely won't be reimbursed for the unused portion of your trip since RCL is reimbursing you. Airline tickets are subject to trip interruption, but again depending on the policy might not be covered in this situation.

I hope that the policies have changed and allow for "any reason", but just wanted to chime in before people spent thinking they would get everything reimbursed when they might not.

Dear Travel Partner,

Please note that the Anthem of the Seas arrival time in Cape Liberty, New Jersey, has been modified. Our original update about the revised arrival time was estimated at 6 a.m. EST on February 10, 2016. Due to reduced speeds on the return voyage, the new estimated arrival time will be alongside in Bayonne at 9 pm EST. As this is an evening arrival and we want to ensure the comfort of our guests, we are encouraging guests to remain on board for a normal disembarkation process on Thursday, February 11th starting at 6 a.m. Those guests that choose to disembark on their own once the ship has cleared on Wednesday evening, may chose this option. Any transportation arrangements you may have secured for February 10th, should be reaccommodated to February 11th

We thank you for your understanding, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your clients. We appreciated your continued support of Royal Caribbean International.

Just basing it on the numerous postings from passengers about the lack of communications, including wi-if but not phone calls (for those pax who are not internet savvy) and from the letter sent to pax (post #70) which specifically points out "travel arrangements you have made for Feb 10th" (implying in legal,terms that any travel arrangements needed to be self made ) as well as stating pax who "choose" to stay overnight must disembark between 8-11 am. So after 11 they are kinda "kicked to the curb" no?

Looks like the letter was sent to the Travel Agents

To tell them 6:00 a.m. Wed. for docking, give them free wifi to make alternate travel arrangements and then hours later come back and say 9:00 p.m. is not really helpful.

Actually, that sounds helpful to me, that they're giving free wifi and trying to give updates as early as possible as to when they might dock. I suppose if the 6:00 am Wed was portrayed as some sort of definitive time, rather than their initial best estimate, it could have thrown some people off, though.

Yes, the person who posted that letter is a TA.

So was anything formally sent or given to the passengers who make their own arrangements? Or just anncounements? Just keeping TAs in the loop and not the ones directly affected is an issue IMO (if that is the case)? I am just saying, it really seems like RCCL kinda left many of the passengers kinda "on their own" to make alternate travel,arrangements after they cancelled the rest of their cruise. I have read several reports from people onboard who are feeling like this... Hopefully, soon they will be back on dry land and can all get home safely...

Can you get cruise care after final payment is made?... or less than 30 days out? After twenty something cruises this is the first time I have considered taking the insurance.

Not the cruise care through the ship, but I believe there are policies you can purchase through insuremytrip after final payment. They would be much more expensive though.

The Met is NOT free, and neither is the Ferry. EVERYTHING in NYC is very expensive- a one way subway ride is up to $2.75 per person.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is ABSOLUTELY free if you don't have the money to pay. There is a suggested entrance fee.

Plenty of students and seniors use the free admission. My Uncle was a docent there for twenty years before his death. In case you don't know what a docent is: http://www.metmuseum.org/about-the-museum/career-and-volunteer-opportunities/volunteer-opportunities

The Staten Island Ferry is FREE.

Maybe you should buy a NYC guidebook before you reply?

You can buy a 7 day unlimited MTA card for $15.50 which includes bus transfers.

Most all churches in NYC are free.

You can walk the Brooklyn Bridge for free.

Central Park is free.

You can go to the top of Rockefeller Center to the Rainbow Bar at 65 for the price of a drink.

St. Paul's Chapel is free.

St. Patrick's Cathedral is free.

You can eat cheap if you stay out of Times Square, Midtown, and other tourist destinations. Don't know where to eat? Walk two blocks west of Times Square.

Would you like me to keep going?

I lived in Manhattan part time for five years. I know where the good, free stuff is.

Edited by BlueHerons

Amen! This guy needs to be fired and charged not praised!... And Royal Caribbean needs to learn a lot about customer service. They are not very accommodating to people that have upcoming sailings on this ship and want to know what is going on. I wonder how they are when family members of the folks that are on the ship now are calling for information!

I am supposed to leave on Saturday... No one in customer service or in the resolutions department could answer any of my questions... I am frightened and not ready to sail.. This was pure negligence, putting 5k+ lives at risk.. This storm was forecasted.

I am supposed to leave on Saturday... No one in customer service or in the resolutions department could answer any of my questions... I am frightened and not ready to sail.. This was pure negligence, putting 5k+ lives at risk.. This storm was forecasted.

You have nothing to fear except maybe your cruise is delayed. There was no negligence there. You're succumbing to the fear mongers and internet stooges. Have a great cruise.

So was anything formally sent or given to the passengers who make their own arrangements? Or just anncounements? Just keeping TAs in the loop and not the ones directly affected is an issue IMO (if that is the case)? I am just saying, it really seems like RCCL kinda left many of the passengers kinda "on their own" to make alternate travel,arrangements after they cancelled the rest of their cruise. I have read several reports from people onboard who are feeling like this... Hopefully, soon they will be back on dry land and can all get home safely...

Travel agents are not on the ship; the passengers are. The passengers are receiving announcements on the ship; the travel agents are not.

Make sense? :)

I think, insurance or not, that any guest that gets stuck with change fees, let alone double change fees, RCI should reimburse them for the fact that RCI is the one making people disembark early, as well as they set the expectation of a Wednesday morning arrival so people scrambled for travel plans based on that information.

I think everyone would agree it took some pretty extraordinary circumstances to lead to canceling a sailing that was in progress. So, despite what the contract says, and in light of the compensation already given, RCI should really step up and cover incidental fees since RCI is unable to provide the hotel / restaurant functions until the original voyage end date.

Although I agree that the captian made a bad call to sail into the storm......Here is my thing.....WE ALL READ THE FINE PRINT THAT THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WEATHER OR PORTS......**** sucks but you signed on the dotted line when you payed, glad your all safe but dont cry me a river...just get home safe

I think, insurance or not, that any guest that gets stuck with change fees, let alone double change fees, RCI should reimburse them for the fact that RCI is the one making people disembark early, as well as they set the expectation of a Wednesday morning arrival so people scrambled for travel plans based on that information.

I think everyone would agree it took some pretty extraordinary circumstances to lead to canceling a sailing that was in progress. So, despite what the contract says, and in light of the compensation already given, RCI should really step up and cover incidental fees since RCI is unable to provide the hotel / restaurant functions until the original voyage end date.

I agree.

Actually, a closed loop just means that the ship returns to the port it departed from.

On a "cruise to nowhere", the duty-free goods are not really duty-free, duty has been paid and the price marked up to cover it. Therefore, no need for customs.

In this case, duty has not been paid on the items in the shop, so it's likely that passengers will have to clear customs and declare their purchases.

But we'll only know for sure once they return to port.

I can tell you from my experience they will not have to clear customs. We were on a cruise in 2010 that got diverted/changed because of a hurricane. Originally it was supposed to be a short 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Progresso out of New Orleans. We ended up with only one stop in Key West and an extra sea day. When we arrived back in NO, there were no customs agents. They debarked the ship as normal but we literally zipped right thru baggage claim and onto the car. Fastest debarkation ever!

My assumption is in this case passengers never even visited a port. So there wouldn't be any customs to go thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever read the small print when you book a sailing? They can do what they want and dont owe you anything....stop trying to raise the price of cruising with your bull.....pay and suck it up

Can you get cruise care after final payment is made?... or less than 30 days out? After twenty something cruises this is the first time I have considered taking the insurance.

On RCCL you have to get it before final payment or for a cruise that was reserved after the final payment date, you have to purchase it within 24 hours.

There are other 3rd party insurance companies that will still more than likely be able to help you out.

Have you ever read the small print when you book a sailing? They can do what they want and dont owe you anything....stop trying to raise the price of cruising with your bull.....pay and suck it up

I hope RCI is smarter than you. It's worth the price of good customer service.

Yes, I have read my contract. That is why I specifically said that despite what the contract says...

Yes, you are correct. But sometimes a good face in the media is better than rigid adherence to a contract is all I am saying.

Here is a copy for anyone else interested.

http://stage.edocs.rccl.com/guestdocs/edocs/3/T3.pdf