Any "not to be missed" food items on HAL?

Details

We are sailing next week on NA. This will be our first HAL cruise. I know that on previous cruises on Princess I always liked their Fettuccine Alfredo and it could be ordered as an appetizer any day. Is there something "special" on NA? TIA

Some people insist you have to try the bread pudding in the Lido, but it's "meh" for me. :) DW tries the Osso Buco every chance she gets, but last time she said it was a little disappointing.

Let's start with breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ is a treat. Try the muesli. It's so delicious. Also try the eggs benedict. I think there are six different kinds. Waffles on one side of the Lido. Eggs benedict on the other. Have them make your favorite omlet. Oh, the pastries. Everyone has a favorite. We like the sticky buns.

Mango spire..:)

All the Asian corner items at the Lido Market

Steaks are mostly very good for Banquet style food in the MDR.

The Sweetbreads starter during the last formal evening, followed by the Lobster surf&turf.

The chilled soups and the prime rib in the dining room.

A hamburger (or cheeseburger ;) ) at the Dive-In. Yum.

Personally not a big fan of Dive-In (try it and see for yourself). My personal HAL favorite is the Chilled soups. Also HAL Lido's pancakes and waffles are the freshest at sea.

Roy

Cheese fries at the Dive-In.

The Tropa-Mango-Mojito for a sail away.

Sumatra coffee at the Indonesian tea and those little green crepes

Royal Dutch high tea- with sausage flaky pasty rolls

Powder sugar donuts

Chirstmas stollen during the holidays.

ANZAC biscuits on their Aus/NZ cruises

Agree, they do lamb well, esp when the Pinnacle used to do lamb kabobs - bring 'en back!

Indonesian specialties with some extra sambal

Egg-white frittata on the dining room breakfast menu, with extra goat cheese

French onion soup and club sandwich from room service

Chocolate cake with raspberry coulis from room service

Okay, I'm ready to get back on board ......

Lunch in the pinnacle grill. The bistro steak is my favorite. It's seasoned just right then covered with bleu cheese crumbles. The charge is $10 and well worth it. Just don't plan on a large dinner the same day. I tried to do all 3 meals in the pinnacle and regretted it.

There are cinnamon rolls on the breakfast buffet in the Lido. I try to find them early on in the cruise. After that, I try to avoid them. (They call out to me, but I cover my ears and sing, "La la la la.")

I second the above recommendation of the sweetbreads. I love them so much I ordered them as a main dish, and got a double order that way.

Also, HAL does duck in many variations, but I have never tasted a bad recipe. All are wonderfully done.

There are cinnamon rolls on the breakfast buffet in the Lido. I try to find them early on in the cruise. After that, I try to avoid them. (They call out to me, but I cover my ears and sing, "La la la la.")

They call out to me too but I can't ignore them.

Another vote for the chilled soups!:) I am also fond of the crab cake appetizer in the Pinnacle. I have seen it in the MDR, too. Sadly the coffee bombe has been eliminated from the dessert menu.:(

Karen