Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

No matter what they do, if they make any changes some people somewhere will be irritated and angry; some may even stop cruising with Royal for a while -- who the devil knows what that accomplishes.

To me, it is their program and whatever it will be, will be.

I still will like the overall experience of cruising with Royal and will adapt.

I can get my blood pressure up over something I have NO CONTROL OVER.

No matter what they do, if they make any changes some people somewhere will be irritated and angry; some may even stop cruising with Royal for a while -- who the devil knows what that accomplishes.

To me, it is their program and whatever it will be, will be.

I still will like the overall experience of cruising with Royal and will adapt.

I can get my blood pressure up over something I have NO CONTROL OVER.

Well stated. We would still cruise even without the C&A benefits.

We also would cruise without the C&A benefits but I would be much more inclined to look at other lines. Currently we cruise on Royal about 90% of the time (5 to 7 cruises a year) and only deviate from them for special charters that are only available on other cruise lines. So fortunately for Royal their marketing strategy works and I spend my $$$ with them because of the C&A program. For us it's not the free drinks but the opportunity to meet other cruisers and socialize. We have met so many people over the years in the lounges that it is now hard to take a cruise where we do not meet people we have cruised with in the past. we really enjoy that aspect of the Royal product.

And it continues. Now, RCCL and MSC have teamed up to give FREE benefits to upper tier RCCL cruisers who sail MSC. Wow - that is generous to be able to receive upper tier benefits as (in my case) a first time MSC cruiser.

I am reading on this thread that some are not satisfied with some of the FREE benefits. No problem, just don't use that particular benefit. If there was no benefit offered on MSC there would be no complaints. Now that some are offered for FREE, folks still complain. If you don't like the FREE restaurant/ multi course fixed menu benefit on MSC ( think 150 Park or Chef Table), then don't use that perk.

Enjoy life!

M

This was an interesting article about the new MSC ship that will do year round out of Miami. I might give it a one week booking to check it out in Jan 2018. H

MSC Cruises detailed several additional features of the MSC Seaside vessel, a ship expected to debut in Miami in November 2017.

The ship will feature terraced balcony staterooms, in which part of the balcony will be shaded and part open to the sun and overlooking the ship’s promenade. MSC said the design is the first of its kind in the cruise industry.

The Seaside will also feature a 425-foot zipline that will take off from the funnel at the top of the ship and end at the stern.

An aqua park will be incorporated into the funnel area. It will feature an attraction that combines a water slide with features of an interactive video game. The two-deck park will have an adventure trail and multiple water slides.

The Seaside will feature three unique outdoor catwalks that extend beyond the edge of the ship, with glass railings and a glass floor, giving guests the feeling that they are walking on water. The catwalk on the top deck will span nearly 100 feet with views from the top of the ship; the other two catwalks located on deck 8 will 130 feet in length and are part of a 360-degree open-air promenade, the widest on any ship ever built, according to MSC.

MSC also said Seaside will feature what it calls Interactive 5D Cinema. The attraction will have moving seats, special effects and the chance for guests to interact with the movie.

Edited by tallcva3344

This was an interesting article about the new MSC ship that will do year round out of Miami. I might give it a one week booking to check it out in Jan 2018. H

MSC Cruises detailed several additional features of the MSC Seaside vessel, a ship expected to debut in Miami in November 2017.

The ship will feature terraced balcony staterooms, in which part of the balcony will be shaded and part open to the sun and overlooking the ship’s promenade. MSC said the design is the first of its kind in the cruise industry.

The Seaside will also feature a 425-foot zipline that will take off from the funnel at the top of the ship and end at the stern.

An aqua park will be incorporated into the funnel area. It will feature an attraction that combines a water slide with features of an interactive video game. The two-deck park will have an adventure trail and multiple water slides.

The Seaside will feature three unique outdoor catwalks that extend beyond the edge of the ship, with glass railings and a glass floor, giving guests the feeling that they are walking on water. The catwalk on the top deck will span nearly 100 feet with views from the top of the ship; the other two catwalks located on deck 8 will 130 feet in length and are part of a 360-degree open-air promenade, the widest on any ship ever built, according to MSC.

MSC also said Seaside will feature what it calls Interactive 5D Cinema. The attraction will have moving seats, special effects and the chance for guests to interact with the movie.

Now that sounds interesting!

Obviously your choice, but it would not be mine. With absolutely no C&A benefits, I would be cruising Princess the most and Royal would be down with the rest as an occasional cruise depending on ship/itinerary. If they take one or two benefits away or water them down (as they have already) then no, I will continue to sail Royal. It's a value judgement and right now the value for me is still with Royal. If I'm not mistaken, they give me 12 different benefits. Understand that my situation is different than someone at a lower level who gets less. Right now I'm still pretty pleased with all they give me. Pleased enough that I'm still willing to fly to each and every Royal cruise when I could be sailing localy with Princess and Carnival. From what is being said, Pinnacle will not be losing benefits this go round and will actually be gaining some (meal with an officer will become meal with Captain or Hotel Director at "the table" or in a sepecialty restaurant. This change (CL to SL) will affect me in that most of my friends are D+ and I invision spending more time in the DL or out at bars. Everybody's situation is different and yes I know what it's like to lose a lounge. Happened to us when we were D.

We may have to check that out for 2018!:) We are fully booked until then.

With reciprocal benefits the pot is really sweetened. We have friends who sail MSC regularly and they have nothing but praise for the ships and crew.

Crown & Anchor Society

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage?

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

Edited by CVU

Also, wanting to be prepared for a potential snob in the DL - what do you say to one when you they see your Gold card from being in a suite and question why you are in the DL?

How about.... Why don't you mind your F.....G business?

what do you say to one when you they see your Gold card from being in a suite and question why you are in the DL?

This is when it can get really fun. :D

Every time this subject of D's versus suites comes up, I am filled with self hatred. What's a D+ suite holder supposed to do? How can we possibly loathe ourselves more? I guess we could be human ping pong balls and go back and forth - it will be a lot easier on the Liberty - just go across the hall over and over.

John and work are both four letter words!!!!

LOL!!!

Bucky is a five letter word...so that works for me.

Though what does not work, (for a living that is ;)) is us!!

We are officially "unemployed" and spending his daughter's inheritance :D

Thank you CVU for that phone number and information.

I decided to walk away from Royal and not because of anything C&A. It was because of the suite perks that were just not cutting it. I tried NCL and I am hooked on the whole Haven thing and the concierge service that far outdoes Royal.!! :D

Trust me-I look at this from both sides of the fence. What the loyalty program means to some and also looking at what staying in a suite traveling with people that have no loyalty options. People-it really does stink for those folks so I just decided to take my money elsewhere. I even had the opportunity to give NCL a try and then a few weeks later right back on Royal to see how it worked. Well, it reminded me of why it was a good thing I branched out.

I have a limited window for my usual January cruise and NCL is not coming up with any thing that appeals to me on my available dates in the time frame I am available. I will not spend money on a Royal suite again, so I see Celebrity has a perfect sailing. Won't mind that free laundry if I choose X.

No offense but the only way I would make a possible return to Royal is if changes to suite services are made on all ships, even on the older ships. I admit-I like the whole SL and private restaurant idea. So, instead of fighting for a chair or on this thread, I'll just take my money elsewhere and wait until the fallout is done.;)

How about.... Why don't you mind your F.....G business?

That's a bit harsh - I want something witty, something that might take a second to register, instead of just in your face. Would "The Captain said it's OK with him" work?

That's a bit harsh - I want something witty, something that might take a second to register, instead of just in your face. Would "The Captain said it's OK with him" work?

Hmmm, how about, I see you forgot to put your name tag on today, are you one of the bartenders, I would like a glass of red wine.

You are complaining about losing a benefit you never even had?:confused:

I've had Diamond benefits since April 10th! I am just not sailing again til my birthday in September!

I just finished 18 days between Feb - Majesty- JS, and March/April - Brilliance- beware of LA on Brilliance she sucks! They had a great welcome back party, but I guess it is now the upper tier party.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I decided to walk away from Royal and not because of anything C&A. It was because of the suite perks that were just not cutting it. I tried NCL and I am hooked on the whole Haven thing and the concierge service that far outdoes Royal.!! :D

Trust me-I look at this from both sides of the fence. What the loyalty program means to some and also looking at what staying in a suite traveling with people that have no loyalty options. People-it really does stink for those folks so I just decided to take my money elsewhere. I even had the opportunity to give NCL a try and then a few weeks later right back on Royal to see how it worked. Well, it reminded me of why it was a good thing I branched out.

I have a limited window for my usual January cruise and NCL is not coming up with any thing that appeals to me on my available dates in the time frame I am available. I will not spend money on a Royal suite again, so I see Celebrity has a perfect sailing. Won't mind that free laundry if I choose X.

No offense but the only way I would make a possible return to Royal is if changes to suite services are made on all ships, even on the older ships. I admit-I like the whole SL and private restaurant idea. So, instead of fighting for a chair or on this thread, I'll just take my money elsewhere and wait until the fallout is done.;)

You should give X a try. We went on our first Celebrity cruise in March because their particular itinerary worked best with our daughter's college spring break. They had some nice promotions going on, even better if you booked a suite, which we did. Being recognized as Elite in their Captain's Club (their C&A) gave us even more perks, including a complimentary bag of laundry for each of us. Their suite restaurant was top notch. I can't say enough good things about it.

I sure cannot argue with your logic. What is a bit surprising about the rumored changes is the willingness of many loyalty ambassadors and concierges to add fuel to the fire. Typically they are very mum about what may be in the works. I have heard from a couple of them that the Costal Kitchens are a very popular with suite guests and are being planned for more ships so perhaps RCCL will eventually have appeal to you.

I sure cannot argue with your logic. What is a bit surprising about the rumored changes is the willingness of many loyalty ambassadors and concierges to add fuel to the fire. Typically they are very mum about what may be in the works. I have heard from a couple of them that the Costal Kitchens are a very popular with suite guests and are being planned for more ships so perhaps RCCL will eventually have appeal to you.

Love, love, love CK. I wish they could add it to a portion of the existing MDR. I believe X did it that way

Love, love, love CK. I wish they could add it to a portion of the existing MDR. I believe X did it that way

I'd also like to see more CKs added but think they work best when combined with the SL as on the Oasis class. It is nice just wandering from cocktail time into the CK.

I'd also like to see more CKs added but think they work best when combined with the SL as on the Oasis class. It is nice just wandering from cocktail time into the CK.

Sure, but Quantum isn't that way, correct. Plus half the CK eligible passengers don't have access to the SL.