Seapasses and Sunscreen... a warning

I don't know what's changed, but keep your seapasses away from your body if you have sunscreen on. I had to replace two seapasses of mine and one of my daughter's because the ink kept wearing off. The GS crew member said it's from exposure to sunscreen.

I don't know if they've changed the ink or if the sunscreen folks changed their chemicals. We did not have any problems on our cruises in 2013 or 2014. Every time we used lanyards.

The "spray on" stuff isn't good for you, you know...well...I guess you can tell by what it does to your seapass!

Rub on lotion is the way to go...you nee 1 OZ every 2 hours, unless you aren't concerned about skin cancer. 1 OZ is a shot glass full....for every adult body.

Happened to my daughter while we were in Cozumel. The Mexican authorities would not let her through until they called ship security to come out. They brought out a photo of her to allow her to get through security and board the ship.

The "spray on" stuff isn't good for you, you know...well...I guess you can tell by what it does to your seapass!

It's definitely not good for my lungs.

Not a big fan of having to use my inhaler b/c some parent is too lazy to rub sunscreen into her kid's skin. (and even though he's 12 I still have to practically corral my kid with sunscreen, so I know that it's hard sometimes. he hates the process! still! acts like it's the first time I've ever told him to put sunscreen on Every Single Time.)

It's definitely not good for my lungs.

Not a big fan of having to use my inhaler b/c some parent is too lazy to rub sunscreen into her kid's skin. (and even though he's 12 I still have to practically corral my kid with sunscreen, so I know that it's hard sometimes. he hates the process! still! acts like it's the first time I've ever told him to put sunscreen on Every Single Time.)

If you are traveling solo how do you get suntan lotion on your back without using spray suntan lotion???

Rub on lotion is the way to go...you nee 1 OZ every 2 hours, unless you aren't concerned about skin cancer. 1 OZ is a shot glass full....for every adult body.

So if i take a shot ofsunscreen it will stop skin cancer. :D Sorry just got off work I don't work with the brightest people they wore off on me a little.

Edited by ohcruiserguy

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure if the hot water damages the magnetic stripe too, but I had to request a SeaPass replacement twice after have it the pocket of my swim shorts while relaxing at the whirlpools (unless there are magnets in the whirlpools seats).

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure if the hot water damages the magnetic stripe too, but I had to request a SeaPass replacement twice after have it the pocket of my swim shorts while relaxing at the whirlpools (unless there are magnets in the whirlpools seats).

No sometimes it can be that you have a strong magnetic pull in your body. I work at a motel and have to handle the keys by the edge after programed because I touch the the magnetic strip and it demagnetize it. Have had this happen while on vacation with my key also.

Now maybe you could give us a talk about tanning and the risk of skin cancer?

...or the merits of the solariums with retractable roofs versus the horrible roofs that don't retract (no tanning in those). Hehehe:rolleyes:

No sometimes it can be that you have a strong magnetic pull in your body. I work at a motel and have to handle the keys by the edge after programed because I touch the the magnetic strip and it demagnetize it. Have had this happen while on vacation with my key also.

Thank you so much for saying this. I have this issue and can't wear watches with quartz batteries because they stop. No one ever believes me.

And I always thought having a magnetic personality was a good thing!

My mom would gladly talk to you about skin cancer - show you her leg, scars and issues she has walking a result of having surgery for skin cancer.

I don't think someone trying to be helpful about keeping yourself safe from skin cancer should be scoffed at.

My mom would gladly talk to you about skin cancer - show you her leg, scars and issues she has walking a result of having surgery for skin cancer.

I don't think someone trying to be helpful about keeping yourself safe from skin cancer should be scoffed at.

I agree 100%. My DH can also show the resulting scars from skin cancer treatments. I don't understand the backlash at a poster that is only trying to help!

I agree 100%. My DH can also show the resulting scars from skin cancer treatments. I don't understand the backlash at a poster that is only trying to help!

If you go through some of that posters other 70k+ posts, you will also find other "helpful" posts about how you can't get a sunburn while sitting in the solarium under the glass roof.:rolleyes:

The person who scoffed is an MD.... I think it was more the way the message was shared and by whom that causes scoffing.

I personally never lay out and tan, and have had a ton of stuff burned off, a cousin of mine died when he was 40 from Melanoma.

That said, sunblock is not a guarantee of not getting skin cancers. Especially when consumed from a shot glass.

JC

If you knew her posting history on tanning you would have understood my post.