Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

"The only negative is that we are hearing a very loud banging noise all night long and even now. Our neighbors called security in the middle of the night and they came up to investigate. They were told it was the anchor. We were also told it was the bow cutting through the water in the waves. It is a bit better now that the Seas are calmer, so I don't know what it is. But it does sound like metal hitting the side more than water"

We had the same type room on the GRAND PRINCESS a few years back and had a similar sound. It got so bad, that I got out of bed early one morning and went looking for the source. (the promenade deck was above us) We were told that our cabin was above the ships stabilizers and that's what we were hearing. Who knows? I hope it clears up and you continue to have a great cruise! Thanks for the pictures.

Anyone on this sailing using WOW bands?

Does the WOW band work as a 100% replacement for the Sea Pass card?

Can we use it to get on and off the boat or do we still need our Sea Pass card?

WOW will not get off and on the ship.

You cannot. We were originally told we could do it and just pay an upcharge, but the specialty restaurant manager refused to allow the booking, even though his staff had previously said it was ok. If you go to izumi hibachi, you have to pay full price and it's not considered part of the package. Even the concierges could not get us in under the package.

Tbh, we never expected it to be part of the package based on the fine print, and had no intention of going until the specialty dining staff said we should try it. Then we were excited to go. So having it then refused was pretty annoying. The theme of this cruise seems to be inconsistent/nonexistent communication....

That's interesting because I posted this very question to RC's facebook page earlier this week, and got a reply from them that you could in fact, use your package at Izumi Hibachi. We are sailing on Harmony at the end of Jan. They indicated that you could use the $30 credit that comes with the package there.

I'm thinking about buying the 3 night package and going to Izumi Hibachi, but by my math, if you buy the package, it's 85. If you choose to go to Izumi Hibachi, assuming you can, you're really paying $90, since it's $35 to eat there. Under RC's weekend sale, the 3 places my gf and I want to dine (Chops, Jamie's, Izumi Hibachi, come to 33, 28 and 35 respectively (Izumi Hibachi is not on sale) for a total of $91. So if I book each individually under this deal, I'm only paying $1 more total and I control when and where we eat.

So, do none of the cabins have a clothesline in the tub/shower? If not, bummer. I don't want to pack extra "stuff" to make my own.

Oasis and Allure didn't and based off of the other cruisers comment I would assume no for HOT too.

I was going to get this and magnetic hooks

Stainless Steel Wire Clip Holders Assorted Colors, 5M Clothesline, 20Pcs Utility Clips and Hook with soft coated, Windproof Pins clip for Launtry, Beach, Book and Towel, LONGLIFE GREAT PERFORMANCE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4I7U24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Mx8eyb3VWYS5G

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's interesting because I posted this very question to RC's facebook page earlier this week, and got a reply from them that you could in fact, use your package at Izumi Hibachi. We are sailing on Harmony at the end of Jan. They indicated that you could use the $30 credit that comes with the package there.

I'm thinking about buying the 3 night package and going to Izumi Hibachi, but by my math, if you buy the package, it's 85. If you choose to go to Izumi Hibachi, assuming you can, you're really paying $90, since it's $35 to eat there. Under RC's weekend sale, the 3 places my gf and I want to dine (Chops, Jamie's, Izumi Hibachi, come to 33, 28 and 35 respectively (Izumi Hibachi is not on sale) for a total of $91. So if I book each individually under this deal, I'm only paying $1 more total and I control when and where we eat.

Correct...the multi-specialty-restaurant packages specifically state they do NOT include ala carte restaurants (like Izumi)...

I'm late to the party but I've finally caught up! Some amazing pictures, and I loved seeing the birds who had joined the sailing too!

Also, I spotted a cruiser who is cruising with me in a few weeks commenting earlier! Helloooo :)

Can't wait for the next round of updates! Look after her for us all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Saturday. Don't rush us, please.

Edit: NOT tomorrow!!! NEXT Saturday. [emoji2]

I'm rushing you. We get on when you get off!

In lasting appreciation of your Oasis food review, I won't rush next Saturday on you Brian...

BUT...

when you get to Ft. Lauderdale next Saturday, can you and everyone else hurry up and get your butts off so I can get mine on?! :D;) Please and thank you!

Until then, wishing everyone on board a great cruise!!!

~ Judy

Correct...the multi-specialty-restaurant packages specifically state they do NOT include ala carte restaurants (like Izumi)...

Actually the fine print says that they do include the a la carte restaurants and that a $30 food credit will apply.

Here is the fine print from a 4 night dining package,

Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.

I purchased surf Internet package for one phone in April. It said 30% discount and had no mention of loyalty discounts. It cost $118.17. Onboard, it is 35% discount for $116.91 total. With Diamond Plus discount it would have been just $68.53.

There might have been a 21% VAT tax fit Spain on this voyage, but that would not apply after this one.

Interesting. So you are saying that you can get the "discount" and D+ discount when onboard? I was planning to pre-purchase at 30% off for our December voyage, as I had heard that you couldn't get both the percentage off discount and D+. I suppose there are no guarantees, though, that the discount will be offered once onboard.

Actually the fine print says that they do include the a la carte restaurants and that a $30 food credit will apply.

Here is the fine print from a 4 night dining package,

Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.

You are correct...the challenge is that the package doesn't cover the cost of the ala carte.

And lastly, the shower water pressure hasn't been good at all. Can't seem to figure it out. It's manageable, but could be better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have you tried to turn the left valve all the way back? You may have to press the button to do it. You can also adjust the shower stream by turning the head. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the comedy show ? And is there a hot dog stand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Saw the comedy show tonight and enjoyed it. It is the same show the whole voyage.

Hot Dog Stand is on Boardwalk. I see lots of people sitting at the Starbucks tables across the way eating their hot dogs. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought. With most new ships there's a separate thread devoted to where the bed is. Why not start one? Put the link here so folks will go to it and post.

We are doing a b2b in January on the Harmony. Does anyone know the bed set up in Central Park room 12587 ?

Thanks

You are correct...the challenge is that the package doesn't cover the cost of the ala carte.

Not sure what you mean:confused: If you had the package and went to Izumi you would be allowed to order food up to $30 in value and it would be covered. If you ordered food that ended up costing $37 then you would owe $7 for your meal.