AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

FWIW, since signing up 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have never received any kind of email from them, except the standard 'welcome' email. Still waiting. 🧗‍♂️

Login to your account, click on My Rewards at the top, then Email Preferences. Make sure the first two boxes are checked. I was thinking I'd only get one or two a month, but when I went back and looked, they were coming about once/week...until they sold out.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Login to your account, click on My Rewards at the top, then Email Preferences. Make sure the first two boxes are checked. I was thinking I'd only get one or two a month, but when I went back and looked, they were coming about once/week...until they sold out.

Yup. I did, and the 2 boxes are checked.  I dunno......

2 hours ago, captainmayi said:

Just got off the phone in regards to my Jan. 14th order of a $500 card.  They are back-ordered and I had the option to cancel or wait until more become available.  I opted to wait and the person on the phone said they are hoping to have more in by next week.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Reference #

Subject

Allstate Rewards - Order Assistance

Dear Member,

Thank you for your patience. We deeply apologize for the delay and any inconvenience. We have recently confirmed that the Carnival Cruise Gift Cards are currently unavailable. Inventory is expected to be received within the next 1-2 weeks at which time your order will be shipped. If you would prefer to cancel your order for a refund, please contact us directly using 800-642-2609.

Thank you for being an Allstate Rewards member.

Customer Service

So worst case I get my cards in three weeks since they usually take a week to get here. I just need mine in 4-5 weeks. Good thing I ordered extra early...unlike some people 😁

So the good news is that they are definitely coming back. Every time they sell out I get scared that the party's over. 

From personal experience csrs are given worse cases scenario info to pass on. So in stock 2nd half of next week? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Yup. I did, and the 2 boxes are checked.  I dunno......

1 minute ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Same here...since signing up about 2 weeks ago, I've received a couple of emails, but nothing with a promotion code. 

That's odd. My Allstate emails always include a code. I don't think I've ever gotten one without a code in it. If so, I sure don't remember it. I don't know what to tell you two, but at least you'll get them here.

25 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

That's odd. My Allstate emails always include a code. I don't think I've ever gotten one without a code in it. If so, I sure don't remember it. I don't know what to tell you two, but at least you'll get them here.

O.C. that's good enough for me! With 79,800 points that'll last me through our next cruise, or beyond! Thanks for all your help, as usual! You're a good man Charlie Brown, despite what other people say about you!.....JUST KIDDING!!! :classic_laugh:🍻

• Thanks 1

Logged in for the first time a little bit ago, saw that Carnival stuff was reloaded. Took about 20 minutes to search for promo codes. Went back to buy, and they're gone lol. I only need a small $100 atm, but I feel I should get at least a $500. I would bet good money this party isn't going to last long.

9 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Logged in for the first time a little bit ago, saw that Carnival stuff was reloaded. Took about 20 minutes to search for promo codes. Went back to buy, and they're gone lol. I only need a small $100 atm, but I feel I should get at least a $500. I would bet good money this party isn't going to last long.

Bummer! Glad you found that they were back in stock. And them running out so quickly tells me a lot.....that IF you find them in stock, you'd be ready to press the buy now button, because with them filling back orders they won't last more than 5 or 10 minutes. Soooooo....I'm gonna leave a browser open, logged in while I'm here, so I'll be ready to immediately trip the trigger on some G.C.'s. 

• Like 1

Try not to get so discouraged, y'all. I don't know how long Allstate Rewards has been running, but many of us in this thread have been participating for almost 3 years, some maybe longer. I really don't think it's going anywhere. What we're seeing now (selling out and waiting) is normal. For the last year, they were always in stock and that spoiled us, but before then, they constantly sold out and we waited. There were long stretches when waiting 2 weeks came to be expected. They'd sell out in a matter of hours, or maybe a day or two if we were lucky, then it was back to the waiting game.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I only need a small $100 atm, but I feel I should get at least a $500. 

If you are an AARP member, you can still get a $100 Carnival gift card for $90.  Don't need points for it, and it is delivered electronically so you should have it within minutes of your purchase.   Unfortunately, though, its difficult to scale up because AARP now only allows one gift card purchase a month from any given vendor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

If you are an AARP member, you can still get a $100 Carnival gift card for $90.  Don't need points for it, and it is delivered electronically so you should have it within minutes of your purchase.   Unfortunately, though, its difficult to scale up because AARP now only allows one gift card purchase a month from any given vendor.

Are they still doing the silly e-card thing? I thought they had switched back to the plastic card, mailed out? Maybe I am mistaken.

48 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Are they still doing the silly e-card thing? I thought they had switched back to the plastic card, mailed out? Maybe I am mistaken.

Every since they launched the new AARP Rewards back in Sept., they've been e-cards. They had trouble with them at first, being sent out without PIN's, so they removed them for quite a while. They've partnered with a new fulfillment company, that's why they're the e-cards. Allstate used to do them, too, now and again. Sometimes e-cards, sometimes physical cards. I don't know why they stopped selling e-cards altogether. They never seemed to have trouble with them like AARP has.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Every since they launched the new AARP Rewards back in Sept., they've been e-cards. They had trouble with them at first, being sent out without PIN's, so they removed them for quite a while. They've partnered with a new fulfillment company, that's why they're the e-cards. Allstate used to do them, too, now and again. Sometimes e-cards, sometimes physical cards. I don't know why they stopped selling e-cards altogether. They never seemed to have trouble with them like AARP has.

Ok. Thank you.

I just ordered a Carnival gift card from AARP.  It was uncertain if this was an actual card or an ecard.  I'm waiting on my email confirmation.  I'll let you know which it is.

The last time I checked AARP,  the only way to purchase was either PayPal or Google Pay.  They are now accepting credit cards for payment.  

AARP has the $100 cards for $90 in stock right now.  Of course you have to be a member to order these and only allowed 1 a month.  They had the $100 cards a couple of weeks ago, so I would say they are sitting on a few of those.  🙄

I purchased an AARP card. How long does the email take to receive? Never tried from AARP before had to use my husband dob and name. Hopefully no problems. Got the email that states welcome to AARP rewards.

Edited by helene109
Misspelled words

2 hours ago, helene109 said:

Never mind finally got the confirmation! One card a month is better than none!

Are you listed on your husband's AARP membership as well? You're allowed to add a spouse to the membership for free. Then you each can have an AARP Rewards account and, from what I'm told, that will allow one gift card a month for each of you. I haven't tried it yet, but other CC users have confirmed it works. I've been hoping to catch some Allstate cards in larger denominations, but if I don't by the end of the month, I'll order a couple of them from AARP to cover January's limit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Are you listed on your husband's AARP membership as well? You're allowed to add a spouse to the membership for free. Then you each can have an AARP Rewards account and, from what I'm told, that will allow one gift card a month for each of you. I haven't tried it yet, but other CC users have confirmed it works. I've been hoping to catch some Allstate cards in larger denominations, but if I don't by the end of the month, I'll order a couple of them from AARP to cover January's limit.

Timely as always,O.C ! Wife and I were talking about this exact same topic not 3 hours ago! I'm a member and I have my card, and when I renewed I could have sworn that they sent me & my wife a card, but she swears she doesn't have one....and you know how wives can be. They NEVER throw ANY kind of card away. Lol. Gonna go try it out. Thanks! 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Timely as always,O.C ! Wife and I were talking about this exact same topic not 3 hours ago! I'm a member and I have my card, and when I renewed I could have sworn that they sent me & my wife a card, but she swears she doesn't have one....and you know how wives can be. They NEVER throw ANY kind of card away. Lol. Gonna go try it out. Thanks! 🍻

I had to add my wife when I first became a member. And yep, she's always had her own AARP card. Login to your regular AARP account and in the upper right corner, click the drop-down menu where it says "Hi, (your name)." Then click My Account in the menu. On the next page, click Account Details. Scroll down the following page and look under Spouse/Partner to see if your wife is the secondary member. If so, then she should be able to create her own Rewards account. If she's not, I can't remember if you can add her from there or if you have to call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Had a strange urge to check online in the middle of the night, and it got me a $1000 card.

Thanks!

No problem.   I'm just disappointed that no Princess cards were available.   I have over 4000 in Carnival  cards, but I need to purchase 2000 in Princess cards to cover our cruise for next year.