AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

26 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

I received mine last night 1/22/2020.  I ordered 1/15.

I have actually found Allstate to be remarkably consistent in their shipping times.   In the past year I have done several card orders in excess of $500 each (thus requiring a signature upon delivery) and all have been delivered either seven or eight days after I ordered, including a delivery just yesterday.  Of course, my location (west coast urban) probably dictates some of that delivery time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Petersonfcu said:

I have actually found Allstate to be remarkably consistent in their shipping times.   In the past year I have done several card orders in excess of $500 each (thus requiring a signature upon delivery) and all have been delivered either seven or eight days after I ordered, including a delivery just yesterday.  Of course, my location (west coast urban) probably dictates some of that delivery time.

They have been...until now. I've been using them for  a few years and my cards always arrive in 6-7 days. Right now I'm on day 8 and they haven't shipped.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Still no shipment on my UPS app. From what I've read in the other location there are others in the same boat as me. People who have ordered in the 13th-15th range with no sign of their cards. And others who received them already. I'm not in a huge hurry. I just need them in the next month.

I went ahead and called. They said they haven't shipped. They would've expected them to ship now. They're escalating the case and will get back to me in 2-3 business days. So if you're in my boat I'd recommend calling and opening up a case.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

"Oops. The Promo Code (4DATEDEALS1000) that you have entered is either not valid or has expired."

Rats. Thanks anyway! 

It was also posted back on January 15th so you've probably already used it. I had as well. 

Historically, do they release the gift cards over the weekend?  Wondering if I should be as compulsive checking.

This shortage of gift cards is also working to increase demand.  If they were always available like they had been, I wouldn't be looking to buy until mid Feb (figured about $1000/month until cruise+on board expenses paid for). But, with the scarce availability, I'm going to have to accelerate my purchase schedule.  I bet a lot of people are doing the same.  

But, once people stock up on cards, hopefully they'll stay available longer.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So on the allstate rewards home page, if you scroll all the way down, it says:

Shop our most popular brands

Carnival

1 new item!

Keep on the lookout tomorrow morning! (link doesn't go anywhere, at least not yet)

I saw that link yesterday & yeah it probably is a placeholder....waiting patiently.

• Like 2

I was talking to a co-worker  today who  booked her 5th or 6th  Carnival cruise.  She never tried booking AARP or Allstate Drivewise.  I’m almost onboard with her thoughts of just go with  what’s out there.   I saved $50 on my last cruise thru AARP before they changed but worry now.
Signed up recently thru Allstate.  I’ll give it 2-3 more weeks before I will pay retail.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I'll bet that's the reason. Thanks! It never hurts to try though. 

We used to get two different pop-ups, one telling us when a code was "not valid or has expired," and another for when we enter a code that's "already been entered." With the new site format, it looks like it gives us the "not valid or expired" message regardless now. That stinks. I liked it when it told me I already used the code, that way at least I knew I entered it correctly.

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Historically, do they release the gift cards over the weekend?  Wondering if I should be as compulsive checking.

If it's anything like it used to be, they can show up at any time.

We were hoping for a $1,000 card to pop up or get a couple $500. We still want some for March for S&S, an excursion, and internet. We can put the excursion on my wife's Carnival MasterCard and that'll be equivalent because they offer 10% credit towards the statement when buying Carnival excursions. That leaves S&S and internet for everyone. I might just go ahead and get our Jan. allotment from AARP, then again next month. We can get two/month since we each have a spousal account. I'm optimistic that Allstate will get more by the end of the month, but not so confident that I'll be able to catch them. There's always next month, but if all else fails, we'll make due with some from AARP. Something is better than nothing.

Has anyone gotten an Allstate email with a new code recently? I looked back and was getting one email every 6-7 days, but the last one I got was on the 15th, nine days ago. That also happens to be the last time the cards were available. Now I'm wondering if they stop emailing codes while cards are sold out. Why they'd do that, I don't know. It's just something I noticed that happens to coincide with the last day the cards were in stock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

I am so tech challenged.  I type one response and something intended to post days ago came out sequentially.  Sorry if this doesn’t make

sense..

The forum can save a draft of a post you start to compose so it can be completed later. There's times when it seems like it's gone, but when you hit reply, it gets automatically inserted. No worries. 😉

• Like 1

Just got off the phone in regards to my Jan. 14th order of a $500 card.  They are back-ordered and I had the option to cancel or wait until more become available.  I opted to wait and the person on the phone said they are hoping to have more in by next week.

• Thanks 1

Reference #

Subject

Allstate Rewards - Order Assistance

Dear Member,

Thank you for your patience. We deeply apologize for the delay and any inconvenience. We have recently confirmed that the Carnival Cruise Gift Cards are currently unavailable. Inventory is expected to be received within the next 1-2 weeks at which time your order will be shipped. If you would prefer to cancel your order for a refund, please contact us directly using 800-642-2609.

Thank you for being an Allstate Rewards member.

Customer Service

So worst case I get my cards in three weeks since they usually take a week to get here. I just need mine in 4-5 weeks. Good thing I ordered extra early...unlike some people 😁

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, captainmayi said:

Just got off the phone in regards to my Jan. 14th order of a $500 card.  They are back-ordered and I had the option to cancel or wait until more become available.  I opted to wait and the person on the phone said they are hoping to have more in by next week.

Oh great. In addition to waiting for them to restock and trying to catch them before they sell out again, now they have to fill back-orders first. I wonder how much that will deplete their next supply and how many will be left for everyone else.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Has anyone gotten an Allstate email with a new code recently? I looked back and was getting one email every 6-7 days, but the last one I got was on the 15th, nine days ago. That also happens to be the last time the cards were available. Now I'm wondering if they stop emailing codes while cards are sold out. Why they'd do that, I don't know. It's just something I noticed that happens to coincide with the last day the cards were in stock.

FWIW, since signing up 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have never received any kind of email from them, except the standard 'welcome' email. Still waiting. 🧗‍♂️