AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

15 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

One thing I noticed in the last few weeks, ever since the cards started selling out, was talk about how it might be a sign of bad things to come with Allstate Rewards. Now that they're back, I hope this is reassuring to those who feared the cards wouldn't return at all or that it was a sign Allstate Rewards could be coming to an end. There's years of rewards program experience in this thread, with both Allstate and AARP. A lot of people here have already been through this many times over. They're going to sell out. Then, some time later, more will be back. Rinse and repeat. The waiting game is nothing new. What was new was that they remained in stock for so long. Also, you can't use the changes made over at AARP as a litmus to what will happen with Allstate. For whatever reason, AARP left Deluxe Rewards...Deluxe Rewards didn't leave AARP. They caused their own problems. I just want to offer some encouragement and quell some of the worries.

Since the $500 cards haven't sold out all day, I'm hoping that's a sign that Deluxe accounted for the increased demand and boosted their supply. Then again, judging from the past, even demand for certain denominations varies. Sometimes the $100 cards are more sought after and sell out faster, and other times people go after the larger denominations. The $1,000 cards are a fairly new option, so it's hard to say what demand is going to be like for those, but they do seem to be pretty popular.

I went on Allstate had in my cart. But saying not available. I’m in no rush but how do I know when they will replenish. AARP has none. Both have for carnival but I do not think they are good on Princess. Help thx

45 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Also, it says the $500 cards I purchased yesterday have all ready shipped. Quick turn around time.

Same here, and I didn't place the order until 3:30 pm. In the past, when mine have processed the same day or next day, they've always arrived in 3 days. Let's see if that stands true this time. It hasn't shown up in UPS MyChoice yet, but that doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traveloh said:

I went on Allstate had in my cart. But saying not available. I’m in no rush but how do I know when they will replenish. AARP has none. Both have for carnival but I do not think they are good on Princess. Help thx

There's no way to know if or when Princess cards will be restocked. About the only thing you can do is check the rewards site regularly. Someone might post about it here, but most of these posts are about the Carnival cards. No, the Carnival gift cards won't work on Princess.

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Also, it says the $500 cards I purchased yesterday have all ready shipped. Quick turn around time. 
Hope Saint Greg gets his soon! 

12 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Same here, and I didn't place the order until 3:30 pm. In the past, when mine have processed the same day or next day, they've always arrived in 3 days. Let's see if that stands true this time. It hasn't shown up in UPS MyChoice yet, but that doesn't surprise me.

Mine says shipped, but it still says via USPS (I got a single $1000 card).  I know it'll change to Misc at some point. 

• Like 1

Just now, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Mine says shipped, but it still says via USPS (I got a single $1000 card).  I know it'll change to Misc at some point. 

Yeah, there's been quite a few reports of them starting out as USPS. I never paid attention to it and have always just waited for it to show up in MyChoice. Mine says Miscellaneous now.

Anyone had any luck accessing DW account via the web (not app).  I keep getting this message that I need to upgrade my account and it asks for my birth month/year.  Once that is entered, it takes me to a page that says sorry we can't complete your registration, please call.

I call and no one seems to be able to trouble shoot for me.  Yesterday, I was transferred 3 times as I needed to update my email address and the only way to do that is via web access, not app.  Well I can't access the web.  The 3rd person to assist indicated that she was able to change my email for me and that should be updated in 24-48hrs but geeze....

25 minutes ago, 1GaPeach said:

Anyone had any luck accessing DW account via the web (not app).  I keep getting this message that I need to upgrade my account and it asks for my birth month/year.  Once that is entered, it takes me to a page that says sorry we can't complete your registration, please call.

I call and no one seems to be able to trouble shoot for me.  Yesterday, I was transferred 3 times as I needed to update my email address and the only way to do that is via web access, not app.  Well I can't access the web.  The 3rd person to assist indicated that she was able to change my email for me and that should be updated in 24-48hrs but geeze....

I have the occasionally come up.  Two things you can try.  Clear any cookies for that site.  Or visit the site in "incognito" mode.  Not sure why, but seems Allstate is storing something in the cache that's triggering that.  The two suggestions I made have worked around the problem.

1 hour ago, 1GaPeach said:

Same problem here. Just glad they are back, since I need to make a payment.

The Customer Service indeed sucks for the App/Rewards site. I just can't complain much since I'm not an Allstate member, so I hardly feel like they should be obligated to make me happy.

1 hour ago, 1GaPeach said:

When that happens to me this is what I do:

1. Click log out 

2. Type allstaterewards.com into the browser

3. Make sure the log in page says Allstate rewards. If it says your account or drivewise, it's the wrong log in page

4. Enter ID and password 

This always works for me

44 minutes ago, helene109 said:

What is drivewise cash? Same as points? Thanks 

I am not an Allstate policy holder but my understanding is that if you are a policy holder you can earn cash rewards as well so you can use those Allstate cash rewards to purchase the discounted reward gift cards.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

When that happens to me this is what I do:

1. Click log out 

2. Type allstaterewards.com into the browser

3. Make sure the log in page says Allstate rewards. If it says your account or drivewise, it's the wrong log in page

4. Enter ID and password 

This always works for me

When I try to access allstaterewards.com I get a message that the site cannot be reached.  A google search of that verbiage also does not lead me anywhere.  

Do you have a specific link?