AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

OK that was weird. My order from Sunday said it shipped Monday, but it never did appear in my UPS MyChoice, so I didn't know what was going on. I just got a knock on the door a bit ago and it was the UPS man with my cards. 🥳 I mentioned it to him, but he didn't even really know what MyChoice was. I explained it a little and he kind of knew what I meant. Normally MyChoice has been pretty reliable, but it failed me this time. I'm glad I happened to be home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

OK that was weird. My order from Sunday said it shipped Monday, but it never did appear in my UPS MyChoice, so I didn't know what was going on. I just got a knock on the door a bit ago and it was the UPS man with my cards. 🥳 I mentioned it to him, but he didn't even really know what MyChoice was. I explained it a little and he kind of knew what I meant. Normally MyChoice has been pretty reliable, but it failed me this time. I'm glad I happened to be home.

Glad you got your order.  All's well that ends well.

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Check how your name is written on the package.  If it doesn't exactly match how it's written on UPS My choice, it may not show up.  This happened to be a few times.  If it's in my wife's name, it won't show up on my UPS my choice.  Also, I once had a package that had NMN between my first and last name, and that caused it not to show up also.

(NMN means No Middle Name).

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Congratulations! 👍 I might just luck out and get mine tomorrow, as I ordered mine this past Monday.

We are new to the Allstate Rewards Carnival Gift Card "game", we've "migrated" from AARP's Rewards for now, Not so Good.

We placed our first order for Carnival gift cards last night, my wife and I each ordered 2 cards. Today I checked, and the site says our cards have shipped, but with a shipping method of "Miscellaneous"? Does Miscellaneous eventually change to an actual shipping company/vendor? There is a tracking button that goes nowhere right now, but do figure tracking info may not be available yet from the Miscellaneous shipper.

1 hour ago, disfan13 said:

They still have cards - ordered some on Monday and more today. Had $100, $500 and $1K. My order from Monday says it was shipped but no tracking number yet. 

You won't get a tracking number despite the fact that there is a button that says "track" .

• Like 1

Just now, bar1068 said:

We are new to the Allstate Rewards Carnival Gift Card "game", we've "migrated" from AARP's Rewards for now, Not so Good.

We placed our first order for Carnival gift cards last night, my wife and I each ordered 2 cards. Today I checked, and the site says our cards have shipped, but with a shipping method of "Miscellaneous"? Does Miscellaneous eventually change to an actual shipping company/vendor? There is a tracking button that goes nowhere right now, but do figure tracking info may not be available yet from the Miscellaneous shipper.

It won't change but if you ordered 500 dollars or more it will be UPS. Less than that is snail mail.

• Like 1

OK I figured it out. @PrincessArlena'sDad, you're exactly right. I don't know what happened, it somehow didn't register my last name, so it had it as "Null."

What's funny is, when I signed for it, the UPS man walked away, then came back and knocked again. He wanted to confirm my last name and when I told him, he said that the package was for someone named Null. LOL I looked at it again and noticed it said Null but also had my last initial. I told him the address was me, that I was expecting them, and assured him he had the right person. That was good enough for him, so he went on his way. I hope there isn't a Mr. Null out there somewhere waiting for a couple Carnival cards. 🤣

It didn't even cross my mind that that's what screwed up MyChoice until later. I called Allstate Rewards. I still don't know what happened. When I placed the order, the shipping info. was right, but at some point my last name went missing, so their system entered it as "Null."

Those of us who aren't policy holders can't change our personal info. and I found out today that Allstate Rewards customer service can't either. While I had her on the phone, I wanted to change my email address, but they can't even do that. She ended up transferring me to the Drivewise dept. and he changed it on his end. I'm supposed to see the changes in 24-48 hours, but I won't hold my breath because I tried to change my email a long time ago. It changed in their system, but not on my Rewards account. And it continued to send Allstate emails to my old email. As non-Allstate customers, we're very limited as to what we get.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

OK I figured it out. @PrincessArlena'sDad, you're exactly right. I don't know what happened, it somehow didn't register my last name, so it had it as "Null."

What's funny is, when I signed for it, the UPS man walked away, then came back and knocked again. He wanted to confirm my last name and when I told him, he said that the package was for someone named Null. LOL I looked at it again and noticed it said Null but also had my last initial. I told him the address was me, that I was expecting them, and assured him he had the right person. That was good enough for him, so he went on his way. I hope there isn't a Mr. Null out there somewhere waiting for a couple Carnival cards. 🤣

It didn't even cross my mind that that's what screwed up MyChoice until later. I called Allstate Rewards. I still don't know what happened. When I placed the order, the shipping info. was right, but at some point my last name went missing, so their system entered it as "Null."

Those of us who aren't policy holders can't change our personal info. and I found out today they Allstate Rewards customer service can't either. While I had her on the phone, I wanted to change my email address, but they can't even do that. She ended up transferring me to the Drivewise dept. and he changed it on his end. I'm supposed to see the changes in 24-48 hours, but I won't hold my breath because I tried to change my email a long time ago. It changed in their system, but not on my Rewards account.

I had to speak with DW tech support again last night as I also saw "Null" Listed as my last name.  She stated that they had been having site/program issues and that may have caused that.  She stated that my info in their system at the time of the call was correct.  But lets see if my mail arrives since I only ordered a single $100

Just now, 1GaPeach said:

I had to speak with DW tech support again last night as I also saw "Null" Listed as my last name.  She stated that they had been having site/program issues and that may have caused that.  She stated that my info in their system at the time of the call was correct.  But lets see if my mail arrives since I only ordered a single $100

I guess I better add "null" as a variant to my name for UPS 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1GaPeach said:

Yikes, if their technical issues are causing widespread problems with last names, this could get ugly.

20 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'll officially change my name to Null, then everyone's Carnival cards will be re-routed to me.

source.gif

Oh, hardy, har, har! Now you got to me thinking, of the problems, and I have one coming!

56 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Those of us who aren't policy holders can't change our personal info. and I found out today that Allstate Rewards customer service can't either. While I had her on the phone, I wanted to change my email address, but they can't even do that. She ended up transferring me to the Drivewise dept. and he changed it on his end. I'm supposed to see the changes in 24-48 hours, but I won't hold my breath because I tried to change my email a long time ago. It changed in their system, but not on my Rewards account. And it continued to send Allstate emails to my old email. As non-Allstate customers, we're very limited as to what we get.

I went and checked and my got shipped to Daniel Null, so I added another address in ups and contact of Daniel Null with my address.  Not sure if it will help after the fact, but will see.  Thanks for the tip.

Hmm,  well i ordered on sunday and got the order confirmation, but no shipment confirmation.  I just checked and mine also looks like it has Null as my last name.  I hope this gets delivered, but nobody is home and I can't use MyChoice to waive the signature requirement.

My husband will be home friday so hopefully that will be a viable option. I had no delivery notice yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Angua said:

Hmm,  well i ordered on sunday and got the order confirmation, but no shipment confirmation.  I just checked and mine also looks like it has Null as my last name.  I hope this gets delivered, but nobody is home and I can't use MyChoice to waive the signature requirement.

My husband will be home friday so hopefully that will be a viable option. I had no delivery notice yesterday.

If you miss the delivery, the notice they leave should give you options for a 2nd attempt, including pick up at a UPS store.  You'll also get the tracking number to manually put into your mychoice.

57 minutes ago, rukkian said:

I went and checked and my got shipped to Daniel Null, so I added another address in ups and contact of Daniel Null with my address.  Not sure if it will help after the fact, but will see.  Thanks for the tip.

49 minutes ago, Angua said:

Uh oh, the list is growing. The Rewards rep. didn't mention this problem when I talked to her, so it doesn't look like they've been made aware. I hope it's been fixed. I wonder if this is related to the recent site redesign? Hard to tell if it's a glitch on Allstate's side or Deluxe Rewards. The rep. did say that when I place an order in the future, go to my transactions history and look at the name on the shipping info. If it's wrong again, call them and they can cancel orders as long as it was made that day, then reorder. I did look at my transaction history for this order and sure enough, my last name is Null in the shipping info. Billing info. is good. I guess from now on, I'll look at my history immediately after placing the order.

8 hours ago, Umbrae Noctem said:

I keep getting, "Unable to Proceed Our online system is unable to complete your registration with the information provided. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please contact us to complete your registration, available". Anyone else getting this error? 

I got this error for a long time. I eventually called and person I spoke to was very nice and tried a bunch of things but eventually had to escalate it to the next level. I got an email the next day from the person it was assigned to informing me they were looking into it. After about 4 days I got another email that it had been fixed and it has been working since then.