AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

My share was from another unmentionable page...suspected they were Bob's but didn't know for sure as I am unable to decipher his riddles due to a traumatic brain injury from several years ago that effected my complex thinking skills...when I find ones that work for me I share to try & pay it forward. :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

Just not having any fun here any more....

Going on a long vacation.....

I truly didn't want to post your codes out of respect for your clue game, but I knew someone would soon, so I thought the manner in which I posted them (hiding them and offering a spoiler warning) was a good compromise. I thought it would still preserve your game, but the ones who didn't want to play could get the codes. And now it doesn't even matter because they've been posted out in the open anyway. I'm sorry, my sleuthing friend. You've been a huge asset to this thread. I apologize if my post contributed in any way. Don't be a stranger, though. Stick around and say hey now & again. Codes or no codes.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Not necessarily.  Grocery stores give gas points, and target gives cash back on gift card purchases (if you use the red card).  Costco and BJs has huge discounts on gift cards (I haven't seen Carnival, though).  But, retailers, in general, aren't going to lower prices as long as they are selling the inventory they get.  It could be profitable to sell them at a bigger discount, but more profitable to sell them at face value. 

My grocery story does 10 cents off fuel for every $50 you buy. Let's say a standard gas tank is 15 gallons, that is $1.50. Not quite the same as a 10% discount. I've seen people go nuts over this because logic often goes out the window when you think you're getting something "free". My above example is a 3% rebate towards gas.

Just because another business discounts "some" gift cards, doesn't speak for all gift cards. I've seen what Costco offers. Restaurant gift cards are regularly discounted. You can find similar deals at PayPal digital gifts, samsung pay, etc. Still, no one is offering Carnival at a discount. Sometimes you see it at newegg for 7.5% off or some other off the wall place. Not like an iHop card you might see go on sale quite often.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Also says it's a hidden group that only members can find. Maybe they are trying to keep the numbers down because I wasn't a member when I found it.

That's interesting. By making it members-only, hiding it from the public, and being invite only, it looks like they're awful protective of their information and don't want it to spread around too much.

Many of Cabo Bob's codes came because he was figuring them out before Allstate distributed them. Some of his codes have never came in the mass emails, so they may have only been intended for smaller distribution among members or maybe only for some of the customers. I find it hard to believe that anyone in that group is doing what Bob was doing, so I'd say his codes were pretty unique. Then there's the fact that we figured out a long time ago that we can adjust the date format on the same codes to get more points out of them. I seriously doubt that group had figured that out considering no one was sharing codes to this thread using that method until it was discovered here. Point being, it's a strong possibility that they're getting a lot of codes from this thread that they never would've gotten themselves. Can't do anything about that, but since that group closed itself off and is hidden from the public, it sure does look like they'd rather not share what they have, but they're happy to let others do the legwork to get them what they've got.

But now we're all losing out because Bob's done contributing. I've tried to do what he does, but I just don't have the patience.

I agree that the shortage of cards comes from people leaving AARP, but the group of users on this forum is so relatively small that we don't contribute to that shortage nearly as much as outside sources.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

That's interesting. By making it members-only, hiding it from the public, and being invite only, it looks like they're awful protective of their information and don't want it to spread around too much.

Many of Cabo Bob's codes came because he was figuring them out before Allstate distributed them. Some of his codes have never came in the mass emails, so they may have only been intended for smaller distribution among members or maybe only for some of the customers. I find it hard to believe that anyone in that group is doing what Bob was doing, so I'd say his codes were pretty unique. Then there's the fact that we figured out a long time ago that we can adjust the date format on the same codes to get more points out of them. I seriously doubt that group had figured that out considering no one was sharing codes to this thread using that method until it was discovered here. Point being, it's a strong possibility that they're getting a lot of codes from this thread that they never would've gotten themselves. Can't do anything about that, but since that group closed itself off and is hidden from the public, it sure does look like they'd rather not share what they have, but they're happy to let others do the legwork to get them what they've got.

But now we're all losing out because Bob's done contributing. I've tried to do what he does, but I just don't have the patience.

I agree that the shortage of cards comes from people leaving AARP, but the group of users on this forum is so relatively small that we don't contribute to that shortage nearly as much as outside sources.

The fact that those codes were posted right around the time you posted Cabo Bob's codes makes me think the person who posted them there is likely subscribed to this thread. It's unfortunate because 150 people is one thing. 10k people is another.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I have actually been a member there for awhile as well.  It was originally open, but they grew really quickly and were being bombarded with new people with questions, and then the AARP code share thing is when it went hidden.  It is now capped, as they don't want anymore people.  I am sure there are other groups as well.  I have seen codes there that never end up here, but usually they are around the same time.  Not sure where different cheers come from, I share if I get them in email, but rarely an fast enough in either spot.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed that what used to be "gift cards" on Allstate now seem to be "gift certificates"?  I hope it's just a temporary thing but they don't even list Carnival anymore.  Last week, they were sold out but at least still listed.  Today, there isn't anything for Carnival and several of the retailers in the travel space are now listed as gift certificates.

It looks like Allstate (or Deluxe Rewards) spiffed up the site a bit. It looks pretty good.

It's nice to see them putting effort into a little bit of a redesign. I think it shows their willingness to keep the program going. At least it's not a complete overhaul like some other company who shall remain nameless.

5 minutes ago, tylerzmommy said:

Has anyone noticed that what used to be "gift cards" on Allstate now seem to be "gift certificates"?  I hope it's just a temporary thing but they don't even list Carnival anymore.  Last week, they were sold out but at least still listed.  Today, there isn't anything for Carnival and several of the retailers in the travel space are now listed as gift certificates.

There are gift certificates at the top of the listing, but still gift cards further down the page. From what I've seen, the Carnival cards will still show up for some time after selling out, but eventually disappear altogether until more are stocked. I don't think there's any need to worry. It's still ran by Deluxe Rewards.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

I’ve had a hard time getting to the rewards page all morning; it keeps coming up with the message “page not found”.  Frustrating, as I don’t won’t to lose the opportunity to buy one more card when the new stock comes out ......(although judging by how many are vying for them, this seems like a losing battle 🤨)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

I’ve had a hard time getting to the rewards page all morning; it keeps coming up with the message “page not found”.  Frustrating, as I don’t won’t to lose the opportunity to buy one more card when the new stock comes out ......(although judging by how many are vying for them, this seems like a losing battle 🤨)

Probably because they were working on it. It was still the old looking site last night, so the work had to have been done overnight or early this morning. I'm sure all will be good to go for everyone soon. Not that it matters much right now.

If they're willing to give it a fresh new look, maybe they'll stock more cards than they have to meet the new demand. Make AARP rue the day!! 😈

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

There are gift certificates at the top of the listing, but still gift cards further down the page. From what I've seen, the Carnival cards will still show up for some time after selling out, but eventually disappear altogether until more are stocked. I don't think there's any need to worry. It's still ran by Deluxe Rewards.

I hope you're right!  What concerns me is in looking at the terms for the RC gift certificates currently listed on the site, (if I'm reading them correctly) it looks like you can only use those towards a NEW booking not existing reservations. I'm hoping that if/when Carnival restocks, they will be the normal gift cards we all know and love.  Like many of us, I've got a sailing booked that I need to pay off and have been building up a $$ stash to redeem for the gc's.  Been watching and waiting for them to get restocked so I can (hopefully) jump on it while the jumpin' is good. 🙂 

Good News!  I "finally" was able to log in to Allstate Rewards!!!  

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for helping me with this.  As a long time Allstate customer, I don't think it was any easier than someone who isn't a customer.  

I did sign up for the drivewise program and finally got a trip logged.  

Thanks for all the promo codes.  When I was able to log in about 20 minutes ago, I had 15,000 points.  I didn't go crazy with adding the codes....afraid I would break it!  Just kidding!  I did add about 8,000 more points, so I'm fine with that for now.

I didn't see any Carnival gift cards for sale at that time.  I also didn't see any reference to "certificates", just gift cards.

I've been back to the AARP site and the program is weak and really offers very little.  I am a member of AARP,  but the new program is a joke.  I did notice that in addition to using paypal, they have added google pay.  

Thank You so much for helping me with getting the Allstate Rewards Program to work!!!  

On 1/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, CABO BOB said:

Just not having any fun here any more....

Going on a long vacation.....

Hi Cabo Bob, just want to thank you for your generosity and time. You've given so much and had every right to provide codes in the format you choose. I admit I could never solve them though (just not my strength). Hope we will see you again on this forum!

39 minutes ago, tylerzmommy said:

I hope you're right!  What concerns me is in looking at the terms for the RC gift certificates currently listed on the site, (if I'm reading them correctly) it looks like you can only use those towards a NEW booking not existing reservations. I'm hoping that if/when Carnival restocks, they will be the normal gift cards we all know and love.  Like many of us, I've got a sailing booked that I need to pay off and have been building up a $$ stash to redeem for the gc's.  Been watching and waiting for them to get restocked so I can (hopefully) jump on it while the jumpin' is good. 🙂 

The carnival cards should be the same when they come back. The royal carribbean ones are way too restrictive if you read all the fine print regarding their use.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tylerzmommy said:

DO NOT go by the Royal gift cards/certificates. They've had those stipulations for years; meaning, they've always sucked and it's nothing new. That's just the way Royal issues them.

From what I'm seeing, this was just Deluxe refreshing the look of the page. I'm confident that the guts of the program haven't changed. But if I'm wrong, I'm changing my name. 😎

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Probably because they were working on it. It was still the old looking site last night, so the work had to have been done overnight or early this morning. I'm sure all will be good to go for everyone soon. Not that it matters much right now.

If they're willing to give it a fresh new look, maybe they'll stock more cards than they have to meet the new demand. Make AARP rue the day!! 😈

I like the new look website. I can now finally find my prior gift card purchases easily because they added a search for merchandise in the history account section!

• Like 1