Taste bar?

jsglow

New concept to me. I'm assuming they hand out small samples of menu items for the specialty restaurants as free 'tastes' in an effort to market to the passengers? Anyone care to elaborate?

New concept to me. I'm assuming they hand out small samples of menu items for the specialty restaurants as free 'tastes' in an effort to market to the passengers? Anyone care to elaborate?

You hit the nail on the head. Some people love it. It doesn't inspire me

I am one that loves the taste bar and will admit to getting more than one sample.

Although someone above posted only available on sea days - I politely disagree, might be itinerary/ship specific, but I've visited the taste bar on many port days. That said, it isn't available every evening in my experience.

They tell you in the FunTimes when its open

True. I think in the "Hungary for More" on the back.

My only problem is the quality of the samples at the Taste Bar don't compare to the food in the specialty restaurants. The restaurants are so much better.

The only time we've ever done the samples was when their little cart was right outside the bar on the Miracle...a little snack after the bar. It didn't encourage us to eat at the steakhouse though and thought it was odd that they sampled things from restaurants the ship didn't have. like Italian for example.

On most ships, yes, but some they've started serving light buffet type meals. I think the Sunshine does this and even has breakfast goodies.

On the Sunshine the Taste Bar isn't really the Taste Bar in the morning, its just an alternative breakfast buffet to the one on Lido

The Taste Bar was initially designed to provide samples/tastes from 5:30pm-8:00pm. Although the samples are posted as samples from certain specialty restaurants, most samples are not available in those restaurants or eating venues. Only the meatballs from Cucina or sushi from Bonsai. Most ships have it about 4 times so if there are less sea days than that, are available on certain port days. They post which days are available. On the longer cruises, they are sometimes available more than 4 times.

On some ships, the Taste Bar is a permanent venue so those ships use it for buffet breakfast and lunch or salad bars when not in use as the"taste bar". The Dream class ships, Vista and the Sunshine come to mind. Great quiet alternatives for Lido.

• 4 months later...

I Loved it when Carnival had the free sushi bar always a line and very good. The Taste Bar food SUCKS doesn't matter what ship I sail on, never a line and needs to be replaced. Carnival can do better. I would suggest a chips and salsa bar selling beer would improve bottom line as the current taste bar is a money looser No sales of any kind.

I Loved it when Carnival had the free sushi bar always a line and very good. The Taste Bar food SUCKS doesn't matter what ship I sail on, never a line and needs to be replaced. Carnival can do better. I would suggest a chips and salsa bar selling beer would improve bottom line as the current taste bar is a money looser No sales of any kind.

Oh my...while I agree chips and salsa would be delightful, can you imagine the mess? And the little kids grabbing handfuls of chips with their bare hands? Just think of blue iguana salsa bar...always globs and drops everywhere but at least that is lido....but now that mess would be inside on the promenade...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums