Sandals and Flip flops

Are sandals, flip-flops and dressy flip flops allowed in the main dining room on Jewel of the Seas? My clothes are dressier but I was planning on wearing flip-flops for most of them...

No problem, as long as they are nice flip flops.

Are sandals, flip-flops and dressy flip flops allowed in the main dining room on Jewel of the Seas? My clothes are dressier but I was planning on wearing flip-flops for most of them...

Is their a price breaking point that makes them "dressy flip flops", or is it because it has some bling on it. I have flip flops that I paid $28.00 for. Would they be considered Dressy?

Flip-tops are ok for main dining room. But they will not be allowed if you take a galley tour.

I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a dressy flip flop/thong/slipper. I don't care if you went to the Swarovski store and paid $800 for some fancy bedazzling. It's still a flip flop.

Not even factoring in the lack of support or anything vaguely resembling fashionable, I would never wear them other than gym locker room or the pool/ hot tub. I just find then not actual shoes of a go out in public nature. But that's just me and I am sure I will be soundly chastised for being so hateful and biased against them.

I have severe foot issues( deformed feet, medically necessary to not wear heels and anything that offers the right support for me tends to be Birkenstock ugly) that severely limits the kind of footwear I can safely, let alone comfortably wear. Still would never wear a flip flop other than the pool or locker room. Luckily I have found a brand that is comfy, fashionable and basic without being a safety hazard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd say so long as the toe nails don't don't look like Fritos, it's all good.:o

Edit to add: Spookwife please accept my apology in advance, my joke above was not intended to hurt your feelings.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Both DH and I have worn leather "flip-flop" type sandals (no bling) to the MDR. Never had a problem. :) I agree about the rubber/plastic Dollar store flip-flops being not such a great choice, but nowadays they also would probably be accepted in the MDR.

Both DH and I have worn leather "flip-flop" type sandals (no bling) to the MDR. Never had a problem. :) I agree about the rubber/plastic Dollar store flip-flops being not such a great choice, but nowadays they also would probably be accepted in the MDR.

Because you weren't wearing the rubber $ store ones. We do the same, some of mine have small wedge heels,

This one's going to get good, I can tell.

My opinion.....if it flips, it's a flop for the dining room. Just my opinion based on how they look (fancy, plain or anything in between).

Flip flops are rubber/plastic and for the beach or pool. THONG sandals are shoes and they are fine!!! I have many pair of THONG heels!

Women know. I think it's a Mars/ Venus thing,

Flip flops are rubber/plastic and for the beach or pool. THONG sandals are shoes and they are fine!!! I have many pair of THONG heels!

That is the vernacular for where you live but it sure isn't universal. A thong to an Australian for example usually means something very different to what you are referring to and whilst it could be pure delight to see them worn in the MDR (but probably not by anyone over age 25) this is something I suspect RCL would not allow.

In New Zealand neither word is commonly used for the items you're referencing.

My wife has used the $1 version of this footwear without so much as an eye-blink from RCL in every speciality restaurant including on formal nights; we don't use the MDR and so perhaps she would encounter trouble there :p.

Yes, they are allowed. Whatever kind of flip flops you like, $1 or $100 - if someone else has a problem with your shoes - that's their problem. You will have no trouble from the dining room staff. Enjoy your cruise and dress however you feel comfortable :)

Yes, they are allowed. Whatever kind of flip flops you like, $1 or $100 - if someone else has a problem with your shoes - that's their problem. You will have no trouble from the dining room staff. Enjoy your cruise and dress however you feel comfortable :)

I agree! Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app