Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am to hear this. My heart goes out to your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

SamFritz, your news took my breath away. Like others, I was waiting and praying for a good outcome, and am so saddened to hear of your loss. There are no words, simply this gesture of sympathy and prayers for consolation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vacations are not supposed to end in tragedy. Sam, we are so sorry for the loss of your brother and his wife. May your family be surrounded in love during this very sad time. Our hearts go out to you after this terrible accident, as we are keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers prayers, along with others involved in this awful tragedy...

My brother and his wife were on the excursion. I’ve called the ship and they tell me that he is not on the ship at this time and that he was impacted by this incident, but they have no information about his condition. I’ve been in contact with Royal shore side, but they have no information to share yet. I’ve sent text and phone messages to them directly but have not heard from them yet. Please pray.

Condolences. Sorry to hear.

It was a ship sponsored tour.

I still just can't understand how the bus crashed in broad daylight on a straight road with no other vehicle involved when there was no rain. Even if a tire blew you wouldn't think that would cause a bus to flip over.

I was in a tour van that passed that area shortly before the accident. It is a perfectly straight section of road with fairly wide shoulders. It's a two lane road with no divider in the center. There were many tour busses leaving at the same time. There are a number of vehicles that travel at different speeds, so overtaking is common from traffic in both directions. We passed a number of busses and one bus passed us in the van.

There was a drainage ditch on both sides of the road despite the whole area being flat. A top heavy vehicle like a bus can flip on its side if it goes off the side of the road due to the drop off of about 5-8 feet. From what I saw of the bus when passing the bus, it appeared to roll on its side and then end up hitting the other side of the drainage ditch rather hard head on destroying the front of the bus. All the windows on that side were broken. It is very tragic and I hope that explanation of what I saw doesn't offend anyone.

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

I've only just found out about this terrible accident and read your terrible, terrible news. Words aren't enough but we wanted to say that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

SamFritz: heartfelt condolences for your loss. Cruise critic is like Family, and I prayed for your brother and sister-in-law. I cried when I saw your post about their death. I hope, sincerely and caringly, that you receive some comfort from your bold posting of your fears and the sad news. I can only imagine that the virtual community here gave you a safe place to voice your anxiety and your anguish.

You and your family are all in our hearts.

May your precious memories of moments bring you peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums