Rude Solstice spa staff

Toronto Guy

please feel free to ignore my bellyaching.

I, for one, thank you for your so called 'bellyaching' ... sarcasm noted. I think this will help others if they encounter the same situation. There have been a few suggestions (writing down the appt time and price at the time of booking, addressing this with the hotel director, etc) that have been helpful. Thank you for posting your experience so others are warned of falling into the same trap.

I go the spa on ships and at home frequently and have never had a problem like this, but if it ever did happen I wouldn't let it go and if the spa staff was unprofessional you can bet they would be apologizing to me by the time I was through.

OP - I would inform the hotel director. The more often things like this are reporter the better experience other passengers will have in the future.

You could also go one step further and tweet the link of this thread to LLP or post a link on their facebook page.

You'll find corporate's really start to get their act together when they're service is questioned on social media. If a few people reported the same issue I can guarantee this disgusting service would stop almost immediately.

When I get an offer I ask them to give me an appointment card... just write down my appointment date/time. Then I ask them to write down what I'm getting and the price. I take that card with me to my appointment. It helps a LOT when they start questioning what I'm there for... and the cost. It's not good that this is necessary, but it IS necessary.

Common sense escapes so many folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They pulled a stunt like these on my wife and her friend 2 cruises ago. They signed up for a couples deal but after the treatment they were both charged for a single treatment at full price. So what was supposed to be $100 ea ended up at $180 ea, and those 2 dummies paid it. I didn't find out till after the cruise or I would have been down to GS in a flash.

Another problem is that many of us call and make appointments rather than go to the spa to make them...while I have not personally had an issue, when you call your have no recourse whatsoever - it's he said/she said. I will be sure to go to the desk to make appointments and get them in writing from now on. Thanks for the heads up, and do pursue this so that it stops.

....Needless to say I just walked out. Don’t need to pay a ridiculous price to be insulted by Spa staff.

I totally agree. I don't know if they still have "Attention to Detail" cards at guest relations, but you should ask if they can give you one and use that to let the officers on the ship know what happened. If they don't have these then I'd just write a note explaining the issue, put it in an envelope addressed to the "Hotel Director or Assistant" and drop it off at Guest Relations.

Currently on Solstice. Spa is really unprofessional. Booked a treatment, showed up on time, they couldn’t find my booking, wait - then therapist blames me (twice) for being late and will have to shorten the treatment by half an hour as a result. This was clearly a tactic to get out of the special they had sold me at embarkation. I explained what happened and then they more or less proceed to basically call me a liar and mock me at the desk thinking I can’t hear what they’re saying. Needless to say I just walked out. Don’t need to pay a ridiculous price to be insulted by Spa staff.

I would go back and get the persons name and send an email to Lutoff-Perlo explaining the situation.

Someone from her staff will get back to you.

They do not tolerate this kind of behavior and they do want to hear about it.

enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Had one real bad experience with a employee on Celebrity and they promi

I would go back and get the persons name and send an email to Lutoff-Perlo explaining the situation.

enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Had one real bad experience with a employee on Celebrity and they promi

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

I wholeheartedly agree with this approach, but only if all possible on-board options have been exhausted. Like many posters have suggested, I would elevate the issue to the Hotel Director, if possible. If that doesn't get results, going through corporate, after the cruise, is the next best step (in my experience). :)

This happened to me several cruises ago and I had to go to GS to get the extra charge taken off my account. It took an hour out of my vacation so I told the Hotel Director I would never use a ship spa again. There are great massages available in the various ports, usually on the beaches. The best massage I ever had was on Orient Beach, an hour and a half massage for $100.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also thankful to the OP for this heads up. As to the person saying OP should have tried to resolve the issue before posting, I disagree. Why should he have to spend time resolving anything?? It was a classic bait and switch. He walked away. Had not been charged yet like some others. Even if it was resolved, it was still a problem that appears to be systemic. It's quite disheartening to see so many similar complaints. Obviously not a one-off occurrence. Celebrity does monitor this forum. I hope they take notice and deal with the issue.

They pulled a stunt like these on my wife and her friend 2 cruises ago. They signed up for a couples deal but after the treatment they were both charged for a single treatment at full price. So what was supposed to be $100 ea ended up at $180 ea, and those 2 dummies paid it. I didn't find out till after the cruise or I would have been down to GS in a flash.

I don’t know how long ago this was or if it is still too late to follow up. Not an excuse, but I wonder if the couples massage assumes there will be one bill for both, or was a shorter massage than what they ended up getting (which could be a bait and switch). Were they even in the same room?

I would always confirm the price and payment (in this case being split between two staterooms/people) upon arrival at the spa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for posting your experience. Surprised the Hotel Director didn't reach out, I have met Sue when she introduced herself to us earlier in the cruise - she is lovely and cared a lot about our feedback. If I see her again I might check in if she got your note?

Regardless, avoiding the spa this cruise - last experience was okay but not great. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for posting your experience. Surprised the Hotel Director didn't reach out, I have met Sue when she introduced herself to us earlier in the cruise - she is lovely and cared a lot about our feedback. If I see her again I might check in if she got your note?

Regardless, avoiding the spa this cruise - last experience was okay but not great. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I’m sure I will bump up into her at the officers party so I’ll be sure to mention there. I don’t like doing that as not the right forum to talk shop in my opinion, but I did try the proper way first.

I’m sure I will bump up into her at the officers party so I’ll be sure to mention there. I don’t like doing that as not the right forum to talk shop in my opinion, but I did try the proper way first.
If you bump into her, why not ask if you can set up an appointment to talk about an issue with her.

On our last cruise I called the spa to make an appointment for the port special they were offering. The ship was in port until 6:00 and they made me an appointment at 1:30. so I thought all was good. Well, after the treatment I was charged full price because the port specials are only good until 1 pm!! I tried to argue with them but they pointed out this info is in the fine print in their price list brochure and they wouldn't budge. I did cancel the other appointments I booked for later that week.

On our last cruise I called the spa to make an appointment for the port special they were offering. The ship was in port until 6:00 and they made me an appointment at 1:30. so I thought all was good. Well, after the treatment I was charged full price because the port specials are only good until 1 pm!! I tried to argue with them but they pointed out this info is in the fine print in their price list brochure and they wouldn't budge. I did cancel the other appointments I booked for later that week.

Yup....that's one of the fine print trip ups...Used to be just for when ship is in port but now quite limited, But sometimes they will agree to waive the time req.,,but you have to get it in writing if they do!

.. Never thought I might be happy to have Steiner return but I like their treatments and products better than CR and did not see any diff in skill levels between the 2.

Currently on Solstice. Spa is really unprofessional. Booked a treatment, showed up on time, they couldn’t find my booking, wait - then therapist blames me (twice) for being late and will have to shorten the treatment by half an hour as a result. This was clearly a tactic to get out of the special they had sold me at embarkation. I explained what happened and then they more or less proceed to basically call me a liar and mock me at the desk thinking I can’t hear what they’re saying. Needless to say I just walked out. Don’t need to pay a ridiculous price to be insulted by Spa staff.

I always hear about 2 sides to a story. I wasn't there, so I can't take your story as Gospel. I've never had an issue on any line with the spa. One reason is, I always make sure I have a "card" handed to me with times & the respective services. Did you do that as well? If not, well, there possibly could be more to this than we actually know.