On board Soaps / Shampoos, etc

twokids0204

I love Princess shampoo, I wish I could buy it at home.

Mrs Gut hates it so takes her own.

Buy some of the travel sized empty bottles (I've found them in Cheap as Chips, don't remember the exact price but quite economical, under $5, possibly $2-$4 IIRC) and decant the shampoo from the dispenser. HTH.

I was in a Window Suite so received the Suite toiletries, and really nice. LOVED the spacious Handicapped Accessible shower with the fold down bench and flexible shower head-SO easy to set the temperature and enjoy a good scrub in safety.

Thanks for the memory jab, must check all my liquids are under 100ml or decanted into smaller bottles and labelled. Annoyingly my preferred sunscreen is 125ml or 250ml, but as I'm unlikely to be going overseas I'm not affected by the size limit.

Question for Elites, we are going to be on our first Elite cruise in May and we will get the upgraded shampoo and conditioner bottles that suite passengers get. If we use that, will they supply more or is it just one bottle of each per cruise?

• 3 months later...

We just returned from a Ruby Princess cruise and (as Elites) we just got the same shampoo/conditioner combo in the shower, not the separate shampoo and separate conditioner like I think we received on previous cruises. We did receive the Elite Package (eye gel, body lotion etc.) but no shampoo and conditioner. Is this new?

Question for Elites, we are going to be on our first Elite cruise in May and we will get the upgraded shampoo and conditioner bottles that suite passengers get. If we use that, will they supply more or is it just one bottle of each per cruise?

See previous post. Being Elite does not get you suite toiletries.

You get a bag of stuff which includes a tube of shower gel. No special shampoo or conditioner bottles.

No special shampoo for Elites. We’ve never received any since becoming Elite, the last 5 cruises.

You get a bag of stuff which includes a tube of shower gel. No special shampoo or conditioner bottles.

We got conditioner last cruise but no shampoo. Like the lip salve in the goody bag. Always take own shampoo, body wash and body lotion - Princess is rubbish.

We just returned from a Ruby Princess cruise and (as Elites) we just got the same shampoo/conditioner combo in the shower, not the separate shampoo and separate conditioner like I think we received on previous cruises. We did receive the Elite Package (eye gel, body lotion etc.) but no shampoo and conditioner. Is this new?
The contents of the “Elite Package” has varied on almost every cruise but has typically had tubes of the bath gel and shampoo/conditioner. The switch to the combo product was made when the dispensers were added to the showers about 4-5 years ago. We have always been able to get extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

We are Elite and on our last two cruises (one on Ruby and other on Emerald) we got a tube of conditioner in the elite bag. I was able to get more from the room steward. Other than that, it was the combo shampoo and conditioner plus shower gel in the dispensers.

As an Elite you will get a bag of toiletries but no shampoo - only conditioner. I’m really not sure what that’s about. I always find someone to give the bag of goodies to as there’s nothing I would use.

The shampoo/conditioner combo in the shower dispenser is the absolute worst product I have ever used; and I don't use expensive stuff at home; think Suave.

It left my hair almost stiff and actually crunchy. I now bring my own conditioner for sure and sometimes my own shampoo.

The hair dryers are bad also, but at least this year I didn't get hand cramps from having to keep the button pushed down all the time.