Do You Ever Have Nightmares About Your Upcoming Cruise???

JPV072900

Well I certainly do!!

The other night, I had a dream that my family and I had just arrived at the port for our cruise, and everything was going perfectly.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, I realized that I forgot to pack our IDs to get onboard! I couldn't face the problem, so I woke up!! BUT THEN I COULDN'T FALL BACK TO SLEEP!!

Does this ever happen to you??

Ever since I almost forgot my birth certificate for a cruise back in 1996, I have always been terrified that I would forget someone's birth certificate. I literally check 20 times before we get to the port. I have pulled the car over before to double check. I'm a little crazy about it!!

Anyway, just wanted to know what others worry about leading up to their cruise!! :cool:

Well I certainly do!!

The other night, I had a dream that my family and I had just arrived at the port for our cruise, and everything was going perfectly.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, I realized that I forgot to pack our IDs to get onboard! I couldn't face the problem, so I woke up!! BUT THEN I COULDN'T FALL BACK TO SLEEP!!

Ever since I almost forgot my birth certificate for a cruise back in 1996, I have always been terrified that I would forget someone's birth certificate. I literally check 20 times before we get to the port. I have pulled the car over before to double check. I'm a little crazy about it!!

Anyway, just wanted to know what others worry about leading up to their cruise!! :cool:

Nope. We have a checklist and that always has worked for us. We check off items as they are packed. But we're old. ;)

YES YES YES!!!!

I always have nightmares before going on a cruise. Not about forgetting my documents or missing a flight. They are always about the whole ship being populated with those nasty, opinionated CC members who just have to comment on everything.

The nightmares have me worrying about possible misteps I might make for the CC policing crowd.

When I enter the MDR, are my shirt sleeves long enough?

Did I leave my lounger alone for a minute too long?

I can see them looking over my shoulder to make sure I tip extra enough...

and go tusk, tusk when I tip extra enough but too early.

Will they find out that I didn't buy travel cancellation insurance?:eek:

Thankfully my nightmares haven't become reality...............................yet.;)

Its not exactly a nightmare, but I have occasional dreams where I'm on a really huge ship and I can't find my cabin and can't remember the number. But then I also have dreams that I'm back in high school and can't remember where my locker is, or where my next class is. So I figure they are just different versions of the same thing. And I'm also one of those people that check I have all my paperwork about 20 times on the way to the airport.

Well I certainly do!!

I'm the big vacation planner in our family, and yes, this has happened to me (or close to it). I am always super paranoid about my ID and/or passport WHEREVER I travel, even a quick flight for business. Do I have my wallet? Yes, I've checked 57 times now...but 58 will be safer. One of the things I like about being on board is putting all that stuff in the safe and forgetting about it.

My hubby has had two about our upcoming cruise. One where he was waiting in the wrong part of the theater to go on our excursion, so they didn't let him on the tender, but made me to. I had the paperwork, so they wouldn't let him off the tender and I had to snorkel without him. I promised him I wouldn't let that happen.

The second, we had a big fight with the couple we were traveling with and divided the ship up. They had to stay on one side, we had to stay on the other.

Before our last cruise; i dreamt I accidentally brought our fat, neurotic, old yellow lab on a two week cruise. I didn’t realize she was with us until we got into the room. Oops! I woke up in a panic!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its not exactly a nightmare, but I have occasional dreams where I'm on a really huge ship and I can't find my cabin and can't remember the number. But then I also have dreams that I'm back in high school and can't remember where my locker is, or where my next class is. So I figure they are just different versions of the same thing. And I'm also one of those people that check I have all my paperwork about 20 times on the way to the airport.

Me too - including the ones about high school (and I graduated in 1964). I remember my grandmother telling me about her dreams about being late for trains, etc. And she was probably the most prompt person on the planet.

We had a cruise planned last year. About 6 months before the cruise date, I had a dream that I walked out onto the deck and it was covered in water. I then realized we were sinking.

Oddly enough, it was a very calm, peaceful dream. I wasn't scared or anything.

We ended up not going on that cruise because my mom's health began to decline and we had to postpone it.

Oh well!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I work in ticket sales for a large arts center in the south. Used to be, before I cruised, i would have nightmares about people wanting to buy aisle seats for the theatre shows on the ships. They all want aisle seats!!! It was because they used to allow gold level members attend the past guest party, and they got free drinks easier the closer they were to the aisle. Since gold clubbers are not invited anymore, just platinum and diamond, they stopped having the guest party in the theatre, and since I am not platinum or diamond, I don't have to worry about where foks sit. But trust me, I would really stress from these dreams, as there were more people who wanted aisle seats, than there were aisle seats! Nothing worse than a mad patron.;)

I’ve dreamt a few times that I am already on the cruise I’m planning for. But in my dream I’ve made no plans, sometimes I haven’t even brought any luggage.

In real life I plan maybe too much... I’m sure the dreams are my sub conscience exploiting that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before my first cruise last Jan I had a dream that I was on board and I had forgotten my cameras. I was so worried about my cameras and unpacking that we forgot to go have lunch and wander the ship. I also had quite a few dreams about leaving my luggage at home and having nothing with me. I have had that last dream a few times already about this upcoming cruise. I have been non-stop planning my packing list and have already started packing so it has been on my mind and I think that's where the dreams come in.

Well I certainly do!!

I have a binder with all important info that ALWAYS comes with us. Always packed in my backpack along with passports.

Word of advice....have a plan, test the plan, then execute the plan. Then, when you are on board....RELAX!!!!!!!!