What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?

LMaxwell

What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?

An Irish Pub serving pub grub. Fish & chips, shepherds pie, etc. They could have Irish beers and whiskies. They could have music at night and serve food late into the night. An Irish Pub could be a real money maker
I'm with you on that one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Given my disappointment with Mexican (Sabor), I am of the opinion that any new cuisine would lack authenticity.
Curious if you've done both styles of Sabor. We've only done the Boardwalk version so I'm not sure how they compare.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know... this is the Royal board but this made me think of our recent Regal Princess cruise. a couple of times a week they had a "make your own" noodle bowl section in the Horizon court. You picked up a bowl and selected the ingredients you wanted, told the cook what kind of meat you would like (can be a combo) and the type of broth you desired and then they would prepare it for you. This was actually quite tasty and enjoyable.

This is what Carnival offers as "Mongolian Wok" on their Lido Deck buffet every day during lunch, on about half of their ships, as a "free" (included) option. They also offer it free at lunch on ships equipped with JiJi's Asian Kitchen, but it's sit-down service, and you fill out a card and they make it for you. (Don't have to stand in line, hooray!)

I'm a Mongolian barbecue (or "Japanese hibachi") fiend, so I'd love to see Royal add the concept to some of their ships. Something simpler and less expensive than Izumi, their "onion volcano show" concept, and priced at $5-$8 per big bowl. I'd pay that...and I'm assuming it would not be offered for free.

DNW more steakhouses. I do not eat steak (or beef at all for that matter), and don't see the difference between the American and Brazilian Steakhouse. Ships should choose one or the other, but not both.

How about an Indian or Thai inspired Vegetarian specialty restaurant?!?!?(y) Maybe if the ships didn't have to spring for such expensive meats they would spend more time and money on creating flavorful dishes. (y)

The difference between an American and a Brazilian style steakhouse is the way the meat is served, at a Brazilian steakhouse the gauchos roam the dining room with different meats on giant skewers, you can basically try a lot of different things. Some will also serve things like grilled shrimp or lobster. They usually also have a big salad bar. It’s quite different to a regular sit down American steakhouse.

Traditional German. I am pretty sure that you cannot find that on any cruise line. I want Bavarian style roast goose!

You can find traditional german brewhouses on many AIDA Ships. They even have a brewery onboard :beer-mug:

I'd like some Country American on a ship. Sausage gravy and biscuits, country fried steak, REAL mashed potatoes, baked steak, fried chicken, potato casserole, green beans with ham and bacon, cornbread and beans, etc

I call this southern food and hate it, but to each their own.

Re: Fried foods; I know it is a southern thing and sure is tasty, but I don't think I'd go pay for it. Like when I go to a seafood restaurant, the fried sampler basket seems like the weakest choice. Not sure I'm saying what I am thinking.
On a cruise ship I'm not sure I'd trust southern fried cooking to folks from Asia Italy or France or any other country except the USA, give me and old black guy with a shack on the side off a road with a line of people an hour deep at lunch time or before game time and I'm there!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk