Lobster Night

It has been a long time since I have cruised Royal. Do they still have Lobster Night? Or have the eliminated like Carnival?

Usually the second formal night, on US based cruises of 5-nights and longer.

Also, FWIW, there was lobster for two nights in WJ on Oasis this past July... Once on the 2nd formal night and again the next night. I had it in the MDR on Oasis 3 weeks earlier and, honestly, the only difference to me was that the WJ tails were cut in half (and ofc I could take as much as I wanted without asking a waiter for more).

It has been a long time since I have cruised Royal. Do they still have Lobster Night? Or have the eliminated like Carnival?

Carnival has not totally eliminated lobster - it's only on cruises of 6 days or more. Did a 7 day on Miracle last month and had lobster.

Oh yes. Lobster night is still in full swing on RCI. We just came back from AOS and not only was Lobster on the menu, in fact it was an option every night for a nominal fee, but they also brought back some old faves like escargot and (my dining room favorite) the Grand Marnier Souffle!

I was also excited to see the Onion Tart too, but then when I was brought a slice of Quiche Lorraine, although it was yummy, I was indeed a sad panda.

I was also excited to see the Onion Tart too, but then when I was brought a slice of Quiche Lorraine, although it was yummy, I was indeed a sad panda.

So they just messed your order up, or do they now think Quiche Lorraine is an onion tart?

And actually our last 2 lobster nights have had better lobster than in several years!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. The lobster tails were a little larger last week on Liberty. I had 2 and should have asked for another.

Also, FWIW, there was lobster for two nights in WJ on Oasis this past July... Once on the 2nd formal night and again the next night. I had it in the MDR on Oasis 3 weeks earlier and, honestly, the only difference to me was that the WJ tails were cut in half (and ofc I could take as much as I wanted without asking a waiter for more).

This past March there wasn’t lobster in the WJ on the second formal night...it was taco night.

I agree. The lobster tails were a little larger last week on Liberty. I had 2 and should have asked for another.

We always start with a double order and decide whether to keep going. Last month, we ordered two double orders of tails and an order of prime rib for the two of us.

We always start with a double order and decide whether to keep going. Last month, we ordered two double orders of tails and an order of prime rib for the two of us.

On our last cruise in August, the waiter brought everyone two tails, and then came back with a 3rd without anyone asking.

You could get more if you asked.

Lobster night is a farce. They bring you a lobster tail. If you want a whole lobster, you can pay... $29.95! Another nickel and diming by RCCL.

No. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

The lobsters served in the MDR at no extra cost are warm water lobsters and do NOT HAVE CLAWS. Also known as langousta or langoutina or spiny lobsters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_lobster

They are brought on board without the body, as very few people eat the guts (all that is in the body).

They are serving the only part that 99% of the people eat.

The extra cost lobster is a cold water lobster, with claws. AKA Maine Lobster.

No. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

The lobsters served in the MDR at no extra cost are warm water lobsters and do NOT HAVE CLAWS. Also known as langousta or langoutina or spiny lobsters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_lobster

They are brought on board without the body, as very few people eat the guts (all that is in the body).

They are serving the only part that 99% of the people eat.

The extra cost lobster is a cold water lobster, with claws. AKA Maine Lobster.

Great so you’re not even getting real lobster on lobster night.

Lobster night is a farce. They bring you a lobster tail. If you want a whole lobster, you can pay... $29.95! Another nickel and diming by RCCL.

I have been cruising since 1986 on various mass-market cruise lines. Not once in all of that time was I ever served a whole lobster. The only change that I have encountered is that it used to be offered as surf and turf. Now if you want that you have to order two main dishes. Perhaps the luxury lines serve a whole lobster. It's just a matter of whether you want to pay out of your right pocket or your left pocket.

I agree. On our last Oasis cruise it was a slice of quiche. No Longer a tart.

Oh yes. Lobster night is still in full swing on RCI. We just came back from AOS and not only was Lobster on the menu, in fact it was an option every night for a nominal fee, but they also brought back some old faves like escargot and (my dining room favorite) the Grand Marnier Souffle!

Nevermind

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really love the Vidalia Tart and I'm going to be a little disappointed if they don't have it on my cruise. I'd prefer to be told they don't have it so that I can choose something else rather than make the substitute. Unless you're brand new to RC, you know what the free lobster is and we love them.