New Premium package price limit?

39august

On Solstice recently premium drinks were covered through $15.50.

Is that maybe because the price of individual drinks already included the gratuity...like sailings out of Southhampton? I know when we were in NZ all prices included the tax and tipping wasn't the norm. Maybe Australia is the same?

I'm pretty sure we got some $16 wines on Solstice this past Feb/March with the premium package.

If it was in NZ or Australia the price reflected on the menu included the 18% gratutity.

Just off Solstice. We upgraded prior to the cruise. Paperwork onboard said bev pkg upgrade was $16 plus gratuity and covered drinks up to $15.

My understanding for our cruise was that they were only charging $10 to upgrade and the max was still $13..

Just off Solstice. We upgraded prior to the cruise. Paperwork onboard said bev pkg upgrade was $16 plus gratuity and covered drinks up to $15.

My understanding for our cruise was that they were only charging $10 to upgrade and the max was still $13..

Ok let me see if I understand this correctly:

Base price of Classic pkg. $55 per day

Perm upgrade $16 per day, plus some %grat =

$71 per plus grat per day

And drinks are covered to $15, but not sure that base price of drinks has increased, all correct?

I’m obsessing because we prepurchased prem pkg during the last sale and I’ve been suffering buyers remorse. We had just booked the cruise, not all the paperwork had gone through, there was a prob with Celebrity website (still not sure completely right) hours on the phone, yadda yadda, and in the end, my break even price per day was about $35, and we paid $48. I’m thinking I should have waited for a discount on the Classic.

Now I’m thinking I will likely never get the Prem again, even if most of the better wine goes up to $15, the older I get, the less I drink - a bottle pkg would make more sense for dinner, with pay as you go after that.

So here’s to one last trip with wine pairings and slushees!:cool:

Per the Celebrity website - Classic Package is $55/day+ 18% gratuity ($64.90/day/pp)

and Premium is $69/day + 18% gratuity..................................................($81.42/day/pp)

The difference is $14/day/pp + 18% gratuity .........................................($16.52/day/pp)

If the Solstice is in Australia or Great Britain the gratuity will be included in the price .

Also, if the Solstice is in Australia or Great Britain that $15 drink would translate to a $13 drink in the US because the prices in the US are PRE-gratuity and Australia are post.

Edited by chamima

Ok let me see if I understand this correctly:

Base price of Classic pkg. $55 per day

Perm upgrade $16 per day, plus some %grat =

$71 per plus grat per day

And drinks are covered to $15, but not sure that base price of drinks has increased, all correct?

I’m obsessing because we prepurchased prem pkg during the last sale and I’ve been suffering buyers remorse. We had just booked the cruise, not all the paperwork had gone through, there was a prob with Celebrity website (still not sure completely right) hours on the phone, yadda yadda, and in the end, my break even price per day was about $35, and we paid $48. I’m thinking I should have waited for a discount on the Classic.

Now I’m thinking I will likely never get the Prem again, even if most of the better wine goes up to $15, the older I get, the less I drink - a bottle pkg would make more sense for dinner, with pay as you go after that.

So here’s to one last trip with wine pairings and slushees!:cool:

There are other benefits from having the premium beverage package. If you enjoy non-alcoholic beverages like Vitamin Water, Red Bull and sparkling water, they are also covered under the premium beverage package. In addition, you can get smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe. And you can spend some time at the Martini Bar, enjoying one of the many martinis they offer. My DH is not a martini drinker but he enjoys the dessert martinis, especially the chocolate martinis.

Enjoy your cruise!

Another way to look at this. If you enjoy daily premium spirits, better wines and premium or craft beers, or have just a couple of full size martinis per day it is better to pay the upgrade cost - it will save you money overall and you get what you want anywhere on the ship. If you are not fussy about the type of spirits or wine or beer, the classic package will be OK. You can splurge on better quality selections once in awhile by just paying the difference per drink.

There are other benefits from having the premium beverage package. If you enjoy non-alcoholic beverages like Vitamin Water' date=' Red Bull and sparkling water, they are also covered under the premium beverage package. In addition, you can get smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe. And you can spend some time at the Martini Bar, enjoying one of the many martinis they offer. My DH is not a martini drinker but he enjoys the dessert martinis, especially the chocolate martinis.

Enjoy your cruise![/quote']

It was my understanding that smoothies are included under both packages.

If I’m wrong, could someone please point me in the direction of a link that specifically refers to smoothies.

Thanks.

Celebrity's website currently states premium pkg gets you drinks up to $15 per. This is their US website so none of those comments about gratuities being included should apply.

Even IF the limit went up to $15 - does anyone remember any drinks other than one or two wines and two drinks at the World Class Bar costing $14 or $15 dollars. I think $13 covered almost everything on the ship so that $5/day price increase for the Premium is meaningless as far as getting an extra benefit from it. :(:confused:

Celebrity's website currently states premium pkg gets you drinks up to $15 per. This is their US website so none of those comments about gratuities being included should apply.

There are quite a few wines including some nice ports above the $13 price point as well a good portion of the WCB menu and some liquors that DH enjoys. Raising the limit to $15 without increasing the current prices on cocktails, wines, etc would cut our upcharges.

While on the Solstice last week one drink in the World Class bar was $15.00 and they would not cover it in the Prem. Pkg. I did not feel like pushing the point however. We will see what it will be like on the Summit in Jan.

Agree with Jelayne. Quite a few wines in the $14 or $15 price point. Also some scotches I enjoy are in the $15 to $18 price point will save me some money as long as they don’t increase prices along with this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While on the Solstice last week one drink in the World Class bar was $15.00 and they would not cover it in the Prem. Pkg. I did not feel like pushing the point however. We will see what it will be like on the Summit in Jan.

Curious what price you paid to upgrade or did you have the “go best”. I dont think they had started charging the $14 on 5/18 sail date even though the price increase had taken effect.

It sounds as if once again Celebrity have put the cart before the horse and increased the package price (and per drink limit) without rolling it out to the ships at the same time as changed on the consumer website and Cruise Planner. When looking at the Package details on the website it lists Premium at $69/day and drinks up to $15, when attempting to purchase in the Cruise Planner it shows $69/day and drinks up to $13 ..... so even the online systems are at odds with one another (no surprises there really given their atrocious IT record!). And when purchasing in the Cruise Planner there is a link to pull up a comparison sheet showing the different packages and inclusions showing the Premium still costs $65/day http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

It may take 2-3 months (or more) for everyone to get on the same page here.