Can anyone recommend a hotel in Amsterdam

Doing transatlantic on N Statendam in April .never been in Amsterdam was wondering if anyone has advice on a nice hotel close to sites thanks for any information

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton between the Centraal Station and the port. It was very convenient to nearly everything, and at the time was reasonable for the location.

We stayed at a very small 13 room Hotel Restaurant Larende. Homemade croissants in the morning along with other items. Most evenings on site restaurant and bar. Walking distance to Anne Frank House and other sites. Metro stop about 5 doors away. Friendly staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just back last week from our cruise and had a lovely stay at the Banks Mansion. I did post some pics on my LIve thread (still on the 1st page here).

It was fabulous. Would love to stay there again. Great location. Walking distance to Anne Frank, Museum district, Red light district and the Flower Market is just down the road.

CC friends stayed at the Hotel JL No 76 which is in the Museum area and really liked it too.

If one wants to be within very easy walking distance of the Port, Movenpick is the winner. While my traveling companion and I were quite satisfied with the hotel in most respects, another visit to Amsterdam will prompt me to book elsewhere simply because the hotel's statement that "the tram stops at our front door" is not quite as accurate as I discovered.

We just back last week from our cruise and had a lovely stay at the Banks Mansion. I did post some pics on my LIve thread (still on the 1st page here).

It was fabulous. Would love to stay there again. Great location. Walking distance to Anne Frank, Museum district, Red light district and the Flower Market is just down the road.

CC friends stayed at the Hotel JL No 76 which is in the Museum area and really liked it too.

Loved reading about the Banks Mansion on your wonderful “ live from “ . I have always enjoyed your blogs and would like to thank you for all the time and effort you put in . I am staying at the Banks Mansion in Sept. before my river cruise. Even more excited after your review. Glad to hear Anne Frank house is walkable.

The convenience of the Movenpick was the deciding factor for our last stay. The tram station is 100 feet from the front door of the hotel. If you stay on the "executive" level you will have great views, complimentary soft drinks and waters, afternoon snacks and alcoholic drinks and a great breakfast buffet. A quick trip to Centraal Station (one stop via the tram), and you are on your way to the airport.

I stayed at the Movenpick in April and thought it was very nice. The breakfast is outstanding. However, I booked the Art’otel for later this month because it was a little cheaper than the Movenpick and had some pretty good reviews. Very close to Centraal Station.

https://www.artotels.com/amsterdam-hotel-nl-1012-tm/nldaams?language=en&facilitatorId=PARKPLAZATRIPADVISORBUSINESSLISTINGS&s_cid=oa.tripadvisorB.ppeu.aam

We were booked at the Grand Hotel Amrath which looked very nice, but ended up canceling that and going with the Movenpick as my son really wanted to stay near where the ship docks. We don't mind walking a little more or taking the tram if necessary and come embarkation morning it will be very convenient. We did this in Stockholm and it was nice being able to see the ship come in and dock early in the morning and then walk to the ship for embarkation later that same day.

Lots of nice hotels, to name just a few not too far from the cruiseterminal: Doubletree, Renaissance, NH Barbizon, Kimpton de Wit, Swissotel.

You can check Google maps to see where they are situated and check their websites.

Loved reading about the Banks Mansion on your wonderful “ live from “ . I have always enjoyed your blogs and would like to thank you for all the time and effort you put in . I am staying at the Banks Mansion in Sept. before my river cruise. Even more excited after your review. Glad to hear Anne Frank house is walkable.

thank you for you kind words :)

I hope you enjoy Banks as much as we did. The staff were fantastic. If you are flying in and arriving early, the staff will do all the check in stuff, take care of your luggage, give you a map and draw the directions. Just follow the tram tracks. It's easy to get to.

I booked our group's Anne Frank's tickets for the first morning as I knew the rooms would not be ready. The lovely ladies at reception "tagged" our rooms so they would be done early and when we got back, they were ready even though it was not the formal check in time ;)

Absolutely book AF house 2 months prior your visit. Tickets sell out fast and if you donot have a ticket there is no more in line waiting.http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Practical-information/Online-ticket-sales/

Absolutely book AF house 2 months prior your visit. Tickets sell out fast and if you donot have a ticket there is no more in line waiting.http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Practical-information/Online-ticket-sales/

Completely agree with this great advice. I booked as soon as tickets opened & I was really glad I did.

There were a pile of people turned away when we were at AF - they thought they could buy tickets there. They were told to buy on line and IF they were lucky there might be a slot open.