Don’t feel special in a Grand Suite

We will be testing the suite life out in October for the first time. Kind of hoping that we don't care for it, would save a lot of money that way:halo:
Oasis?

If so, you're screwed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Allure.

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

You'll have same problem. Coastal Kitchen isn't as nice though. [emoji6]

11:30 -11:00 drinks in SL

CK breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Suite sundeck

No need for any reservations in Theater, Aqua Theater, and Studio B

Priority seating in the venues listed above

Nice suites party.

Huge amount of storage in the GS cabin itself plus a nice bathroom.

Padded furniture on the balcony

Priority disembark is worth its weight in gold.

b380a2a5cd92e891aad51e13d2c7e75c.jpg

You'll have same problem. Coastal Kitchen isn't as nice though. [emoji6]

11:30 -11:00 drinks in SL

CK breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Suite sundeck

No need for any reservations in Theater, Aqua Theater, and Studio B

Priority seating in the venues listed above

Nice suites party.

Huge amount of storage in the GS cabin itself plus a nice bathroom.

Padded furniture on the balcony

Priority disembark is worth its weight in gold.

b380a2a5cd92e891aad51e13d2c7e75c.jpg

I like that list and would add luggage valet

I love these discussions. We were eating lunch in the MDR at a table with a bunch of strangers who were comparing notes when we were asked what kind of cabin we booked. When we said a GS one woman just about lost it. She couldn't comprehend why we would spend so much money on a suite instead of booking more cruises. DW and I sat wide eyed while we were being lectured. When she was finished she got up and left with her male companion. I broke the silence with a "Well OK then" and everyone had a good chuckle. One of the funnier moments we've had on a cruise.

Why do you prefer a JS?

I hate the wasted dry bar area and limited narrow access it creates to the closet....The JS provides (on most ships) the walkin closet. Money isn't the issue as I would and have turned down the opportunity to move up to a GS. I book when the bookings open and prefer the locations of some of my favorite JS's and won't give them up ;)

We were in a GS on Adventure a few years ago. I thought it was definitely worth it! Huge cabin, huge bathroom, canapés every night, reserved seating, priority disembarking, concierge lounge, and double points! I'm also a snob, so that didn't hurt!!!

Elvis

Why not simply book a Junior Suite GTY. That way the OP gets the concierge lounge access they apparently value as well as the show reservations and slightly larger room all for a cost that is only fractionally larger than a standard balcony. That is what we did and we were fortunate enough to have been upgrades to a Grand Suite at that price. This way they pay a lower price & get the Suite benefits they value and if they also get bumped up, it's a "freebie" benefit.

PS - We don't like or even want the butler's or Genie's that come with some of the suites as we simply have no need nor desire to have an individual catering to us. Rather than feeling pampered, we end up feeling uncomfortable. Note: that I DO realize that Genie's don't come with GSs but one did come with our prior NCL cruise who's cabin was IDENTICAL in size and layout to the Royal GS so we were actually relieved to learn that the GS doesn't have a Genie assigned.

Why not simply book a Junior Suite GTY. That way the OP gets the concierge lounge access they apparently value as well as the show reservations and slightly larger room all for a cost that is only fractionally larger than a standard balcony. That is what we did and we were fortunate enough to have been upgrades to a Grand Suite at that price. This way they pay a lower price & get the Suite benefits they value and if they also get bumped up, it's a "freebie" benefit.

PS - We don't like or even want the butler's or Genie's that come with some of the suites as we simply have no need nor desire to have an individual catering to us. Rather than feeling pampered, we end up feeling uncomfortable. Note: that I DO realize that Genie's don't come with GSs but one did come with our prior NCL cruise who's cabin was IDENTICAL in size and layout to the Royal GS so we were actually relieved to learn that the GS doesn't have a Genie assigned.

JS doesn't get CL access on Oasis class. You get CK for dinner if space allows. Need GS or above for SL/CK on Oasis and Quantum class.

NCL has butlers. RCCI has Genies. They are not the same. A butler serves things like dinner. A Genie arranges things like having dinner served.

If you are Pinnacle and in a "real" suite. What color seapass do they issue?

January and March 2018 received a White Sea Pass Card.

Sailed Star Class April 2018. Received a White Sea Pass Card at check-in. Our Genie then changed these to Black Sea Pass Cards.

Sailed Star Class June 2018. Received a Black Sea Pass Card at check-1n.

All sailings were on the Oasis

We loved our Grand Suite on Explorer, the concierge lounge, breakfasts in the specialty restaurant plus many special cocktail parties and dinners with officers.

One of the highlights was being invited to have dinner with the Captain. We've sailed on many different lines but, that was our first Royal Caribbean and they won us over. We have since cruised about 7 times with them and working our way up to Diamond status.

Jonathan

The highest level suite we've booked is Crown Loft on Allure. We have also booked up through Celebrity Suite on Solstice. GS and Sky Suites and various other Royal and Celebrity ships. We consistently feel the hard product on Royal is over the top. But the suite perks start and end there. CK doesn't compare to Luminae is quality nor in availability. We never got our preferred dining times in CK on any cruise even though we emailed them to the concierges when they sent their first email. In Luminae we've never had to make a reservation. Worth it is totally subjective. For us the combo of flexibility, space and amenities like premium drinks package vs essentially Diamond drinks all day in the lounge and lesser food puts us on Celebrity when we are booking a suite and Royal when we book a balcony. YMMV.

We’ve sailed a couple of times in a GS (Freedom class ships). We’ve also sailed a few times in suite class on NCL (penthouse & owner’s suites pre-Haven days). In our experience, RCI does not come close to NCL in how they treat suite passengers (RCI’s “Genie” level service excepted). We felt no different in our GS on RCI than we did in a balcony on RCI, however we do love the bigger GS cabins/better bathrooms. If you’re expecting to be uber pampered on RCI, you’ll have to splurge for the Genie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also Don't want excessive attention. I traveled in some super poor areas of central amer and carib. We're so fortunate! I want to be a blessing and encouragement to all the staff, servers --We represent our country.

Junior Suites do not have Lounge access on any ship. Concierge or Suite Lounge access begins at Grand Suite.