Mini Suite Club Class

lloyfisc647

what do I get? Is it worth it?

Questions best asked before booking, dontcha think?

Anyhoo, here is all the "what you get" straight from Princess:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

...plus the relevant FAQs, for no extra charge:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-FAQ.pdf

This question always comes up and all I can say is the answer is a very personal one. I tried it recently and I love Club Class dining (makes me feel like I did when traditional dining was at its best AND I get to eat when I want). The rest of the perks I could care not so much about. By booking early, I have found that my costs for a CC mini are less than a regular mini. When I book, I make sure that CC's are only $9-20 more pp a night. For example booked my October 14 day NE/Canada cruise last September and if I were to book today, a mini-suite would be $558pp more than I paid for my CC mini!

So keep an eye on your booking for price discounts and/or better sales and enjoy. Also, by loving CC dining, it makes me book the mini's and I love the bigger bathroom with the tub! So there is that too! Grin.

Pooh

We were upgraded last year from a guaranteed mini-suite to Club Class. We loved it. The immediate availability of a table for two and impeccable -attentive service sold us. The supplemental menu items were nice but the service sold us. It was cruise dining at its finest.

The price differential for our two upcoming cruises is about $35.00 per person per day.

RB

The price differential for our two upcoming cruises is about $35.00 per person per day.

RB

Ouch! I've never really calculated what I think it is worth, but that's definitely at the high end of the scale. Maybe you'll find a great refare deal!

In terms of whether it is worth it or not, you have to compare next mini rate without CC. I enjoyed both my experiences in CC. Both times, I was in a suite. I liked what I perceived as slightly better service and some of the additional dishes were very good.

I have found the service to be excellent in CC dinning and the extra dishes were outstanding for the most part. Also CC mini suites are all located midship on a deck with no public rooms below or above.

I just saved $2400.00 by booking a guranteed mini suit on the new sk princess.

I freel club class is really not worth the extra charge.

long cruiser

You don't say how long your cruise is, but it would have to be extremely long before I'd pay $2400 more for club class! Yes, I know it is a mid ship cabin. So what? The other items are basically fluff; what you are paying for is the dining.

Hi, we have just come back from a week in Norway, Club Class. When we arrivedaat southampton we had priority boarding. We are Platinum members so we get things like priority boarding anyway so this wasn't a perk for us. When we arrived in the cabin we received a half bottle of red and half bottle of white wine, very nice touch, this was one of the perks. We also received a glass of bubbly which all mini suites get. The bedding was lovely and we also received a little bag with conditioner, a face spray, nail file, cotton balls and a body scrub thingy. So far we didn't think the extra money for the upgraded bathroom accessories or the bedding or wine were worth it. However, dining was good we used the club class dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, even on sea days. The food is the same as the other dining rooms with the exception of one extra dish a night, not on the menu. This is fine if your waiter tells you. I had to ask after I had overhead another waiter tell his passengers what the special was. We only had one little blip, 3rd day in the maitre d asked us how we were enjoying club class. We explained that although it was very nice we enjoyed dining with other passengers (you don't share so if you don't know anyone else in club class you sit alone). He then said we could invite guests to join us. In the literature it does say non club class guests cannot use club class but since the dining room was always only ever a third full and he suggested we invite some guests to dine with us we thought it would be ok. No!!!! We were shown to a sit in the non club class area of our restaurant , next to our own designated table which sat empty the whole night. So if you are not travelling with anyone else in club class be prepared to sit on your own for the whole of your voyage. That being said it was very nice. We have booked another cruise next year, just a normal mini suite. We love the extra room but aren't fussed for the extra perks being offered as club class. Have a lovely time and enjoy the benefits, if you don't like it, that's ok, at least you tried it. Don't forget it's a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it

You don't say how long your cruise is' date=' but it would have to be extremely long before I'd pay $2400 more for club class! Yes, I know it is a mid ship cabin. So what? The other items are basically fluff; what you are paying for is the dining.[/quote']

I love CC staterooms and dining, but I would NOT pay that much more pp or for two to get it either! I and anytime dining do not get along, so I do CC or traditional. I figure out the extra expense pp per day to see if I will do it or not. I have booked several cruises since my first CC experience this last March. They are all CC cabins. My expense has been from $9-19 more pp per day on the day I first book. Then as I have said in other posts, at this point, 50% of my cruises, a mini-suite is now more than I paid for my CC mini. Especially with a port intensive (i.e. long day tours) itinerary, CC dining is worth it oh so much. I agree, the rest of the amenities with CC are fluff (except if maybe you are a first time Princess cruiser), but I am willing to pay that little extra for CC dining. Now if you are going to book only an interior or balcony, then I think obstructed is the way to go with traditional dining. But I do love the extra room in the minis and the bathtub. We spend much time in our stateroom relaxing in the room and on the balcony, so the extra room has turned out to be a nice plus!

Pooh

I like the idea that we don’t have to rush to make early seating or book anytime and have to wait for a table. A port intensive itinerary can make mealtimes stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only had one little blip, 3rd day in the maitre d asked us how we were enjoying club class. We explained that although it was very nice we enjoyed dining with other passengers (you don't share so if you don't know anyone else in club class you sit alone). He then said we could invite guests to join us. In the literature it does say non club class guests cannot use club class but since the dining room was always only ever a third full and he suggested we invite some guests to dine with us we thought it would be ok. No!!!! We were shown to a sit in the non club class area of our restaurant , next to our own designated table which sat empty the whole night. So if you are not travelling with anyone else in club class be prepared to sit on your own for the whole of your voyage.
Our only time in Club Class dining was when we took a great upsell to a suite. Dining by ourselves was our complaint, too. Fortunately, we did meet fellow Club Class passengers to have dinner with a few times. Twice we managed to have it a table for six. The other time, it was when we were seated at tables for two that were side by side with a couple with whom we had talked over breakfast.

Obviously the maître d' was wrong to suggest you could invite others to join you in Club Class when they did not belong.

For me, the cost of moving up to a mini suite from a regular balcony is too much.

One thing that stood out to me on a recent cruise to Hawaii (and we did CC) was the CC area of the dining room is much quieter than the regular MDR area. We were quite a bit away from the MDR area so that helped, if your table was right next to the MDR area I don't think the sound is that different. But if you can request a table a good distance from MDR, you get a much nicer dining experience.

for those with CC dining...do you eat many meals there other than dinner at night?

how long did those meals take?:beer-mug:

We were in a window suite, so we did breakfast in Sabatini's except on the last day. We did lunch in CC when it was open for lunch (sea days and some port days with odd hours.) Service was quite quick...lunch took as long as we wanted it to. I often skipped desert, which of course sped things up a little. Seating was immediate, and the food didn't take long at all. It was really more a matter of how long we wanted to sit and chat rather than how long the food took.

We were in a window suite' date=' so we did breakfast in Sabatini's except on the last day. We did lunch in CC when it was open for lunch (sea days and some port days with odd hours.) Service was quite quick...lunch took as long as we wanted it to. I often skipped desert, which of course sped things up a little. Seating was immediate, and the food didn't take long at all. It was really more a matter of how long we wanted to sit and chat rather than how long the food took.[/quote']

The same experience for us. They did often have a special item at lunch as well as dinner.

for those with CC dining...do you eat many meals there other than dinner at night?

how long did those meals take?:beer-mug:

We sail in Suites, so we don't get to sail as often but we really live it up. Our last one was the first time experiencing club class perks. We only spent a few nights in the dining room because we really did NOTZ like the maitre d. But we were in and out in no time! Not anything like the main dining room.it was way faster. We hardly had to wait between courses at all. That was the biggest Club class benefit that we found. On our next cruise we booked a club class mini Suite but then decided to go ahead and splurge on a full sweet. Originally we thought my sister-in-law might be going with us and we were going to end up sacrificing the club class dining since she wouldn't be able to sit with us. That was really the only draw of paying extra.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We sail in Suites, so we don't get to sail as often but we really live it up. Our last one was the first time experiencing club class perks. We only spent a few nights in the dining room because we really did NOTZ like the maitre d. But we were in and out in no time! Not anything like the main dining room.it was way faster. We hardly had to wait between courses at all. That was the biggest Club class benefit that we found. On our next cruise we booked a club class mini Suite but then decided to go ahead and splurge on a full sweet. Originally we thought my sister-in-law might be going with us and we were going to end up sacrificing the club class dining since she wouldn't be able to sit with us. That was really the only draw of paying extra.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

May I ask, who was the Maitre D?