Confirmed! Prinsendam has been sold! (4 threads merged)

cRocky42

FROM HOLLAND AMERICA:

Today we announced the sale of Prinsendam.

Prinsendam has been one of our popular ships since she joined the fleet in 2002, especially among our valued past guests.

On July 1, 2019, she is being transferred to the German cruise company Phoenix Reisen.

Following the sale, Prinsendam is being chartered back to Holland America Line to continue sailing its planned voyages through July 1, 2019. All of her itineraries will continue as planned through July 1, 2019, and all impacted guests and travel professionals are being contacted directly.

For the upcoming 2018 – June 2019 season, Prinsendam will continue to sail many unique itineraries, from Europe cruises this summer, Caribbean in the late fall and during the holidays — and the 80-day Grand South America voyage in January 2019.

We look forward to delivering experiences that exceed our guests’ expectations, on every voyage.

Just got a message from our cruise consultant @ HAL that she has been sold. Details to follow as they make the adjustments to everything.

I just got this from a friend. Haven't heard anything from TA yet:

I was on the phone with HAL just now asking about a Holiday cruise. *

The CSR told me that they had just received an internal email message this morning stating that

the Prinsendam will be transferred to Phoenix Reisen on July 01, 2019. No other info.*

Thought you would want to know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Forums mobile app

thank you both.

Just got the e-mail that our Scottish Highlands has been canceled due to sale of Prinsendam, Rotterdam is replacing Prinsendam for that August 4, 2019 cruise.:

Dear ms Prinsedam Guest,

Thank you for choosing to cruise with Holland America Line on:

ms Prinsendam P934

14-Day Scottish Highlands Explorer Roundtrip Amsterdam

August 4th, 2019

?auth=co&id=970071&part=3

We greatly appreciate you choosing Holland America Line and we know that you are looking forward to your cruise.

We are writing to let you know that the ms Prinsendam will leave the Holland America Line fleet July 1, 2019 and transfer to the German cruise company Phoenix Reisen. As a result of the ms Prinsendam leaving our fleet, we are making changes to our deployment that unfortunately impacts your cruise. The 14-Day Scottish Highlands Explorer sailing you are booked on is being cancelled. We sincerely regret any disappointment this change may cause as we never like to disappoint our guests.

You will be re-accommodated to the below voyage in the same stateroom category at the rate already paid, or best available fare. A new booking number and confirmation with further details will be sent to you by Wednesday July 4th for the following voyage:

ms Rotterdam T953

August 4th, 2019

This is from HAL's FB page:

"Today we announced the sale of Prinsendam. Prinsendam has been one of our popular ships since she joined the fleet in 2002, especially among our valued past guests. On July 1, 2019, she is being transferred to the German cruise company Phoenix Reisen. Following the sale, Prinsendam is being chartered back to Holland America Line to continue sailing its planned voyages through July 1, 2019. All of her itineraries will continue as planned through July 1, 2019, and all impacted guests and travel professionals are being contacted directly. For the upcoming 2018 – June 2019 season, Prinsendam will continue to sail many unique itineraries, from Europe cruises this summer, Caribbean in the late fall and during the holidays — and the 80-day Grand South America voyage in January 2019. We look forward to delivering experiences that exceed our guests’ expectations, on every voyage.

Read more here: http://*******/2lPETSA"

Just received this e-mail:

Dear ms Prinsedam Guest,

Thank you for choosing to cruise with Holland America Line on:

ms Prinsendam P934

August 4th, 2019

?auth=co&id=970071&part=3

We greatly appreciate you choosing Holland America Line and we know that you are looking forward to your cruise.

We are writing to let you know that the ms Prinsendam will leave the Holland America Line fleet July 1, 2019 and transfer to the German cruise company Phoenix Reisen. As a result of the ms Prinsendam leaving our fleet, we are making changes to our deployment that unfortunately impacts your cruise. The 14-Day Scottish Highlands Explorer sailing you are booked on is being cancelled. We sincerely regret any disappointment this change may cause as we never like to disappoint our guests.

You will be re-accommodated to the below voyage in the same stateroom category at the rate already paid, or best available fare. A new booking number and confirmation with further details will be sent to you by Wednesday July 4th for the following voyage:

ms Rotterdam T953

August 4th, 2019

It will be interesting to see where they put us as we had an SS guarantee. And I guess the Prinsendam Early Booking bonus will disappear.

When we were on the Prinsendam in 2013, the captain said they expected to get at least five more years out of her. That seemed soooooooooo far away at the time. Yet, here it is. The day has come. (And so has my next "big" birthday which was the reason for the Prinsendam cruise celebration. Now it will be on another HAL ship moving out of the inventory too - the Maasdam. Aging is not for sissies. For people or ships. )

Well, that ends the speculation as to whegther Prinsndam will be sold . I feel baldy for those people who had cruises booked. I hope HAL steps up to the plate and treats thosed with cancelled crfuises wsell.

I find it interesting the letter of notification is nog signed or even an indication of the specific Sdendederf Mr. Ashford didn't, wouldn't sign it?

Received word from my travel agent this morning that HAL is taking the Prisendam out of commision July 1, 2019.

I was booked on the Prisendam's 30 night Amazon cruise 11/20/19. The Volendam will now be doing that cruise.

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of less than happy people who had reservations on the Prisendam cruises and are now affected.

Bummer!

Well . .. .that is not exactly what one wanted to hear on a Monday morning. I am so disappointed for you. Is there perhaps an earlier Prinsendam sailing which you could book?

Is it true the bed on the prisedam are separate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like most ships, they can be put together to form a large bed or separate. Your choice.

I believe a few of the insides are separate - no choice. And, the Pinnacle Suite's bed cannot be separated.

Really like the King size bed in the SS :)

Prinsendam’s itineraries from July 1, 2019, onward are scheduled to be assimilated by Rotterdam, Volendam and Veendam.

Maybe the price will be less expensive because this 3 ships are bigger than prinsendam

And the Rotterdam is gonna sail out of Amsterdam ??? [emoji15][emoji15]

WON't be the First Time :)

We sailed Rotterdam into Rotterdam ;) Great Fun.

Well . .. .that is not exactly what one wanted to hear on a Monday morning. I am so disappointed for you. Is there perhaps an earlier Prinsendam sailing which you could book?

No, it was a never expected bit of news, and this after I had been talking about it at my aerobics session this morning! I'm disappointed and now have to make a decision - do the cruise on a bigger ship that I'm not sure will be able to navigate the Amazon - or - book something else for the Fall.

I'm doing a Med. on the Koningsdam late April, 2019 and I won't be canceling that so an earlier Prisendam cruise unfortunately won't work out for me.

Will have to pour a glass of wine tonight and try to decide.

Rotterdam into Rotterdam happens all the time , done it myself about 7 times , but out of Amsterdam ...

You are probably not aware of the rivalry between the 2 cities . But then again neither is Seattle ...