currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

Guy999:

I would ask to speak to the Captain. It sounds like you have exhausted all of your options talking to Guest Relations so it’s time to talk to the highest ranking person onboard, the Captain!

Guy999:

I would ask to speak to the Captain. It sounds like you have exhausted all of your options talking to Guest Relations so it’s time to talk to the highest ranking person onboard, the Captain!

I agree and the Hotel Director too.

Once you get off the ship you are just a number and if they don't help you can mention that in your email to the CEO as well.

What a nightmare this has been for you! I commend you for setting an example for how to behave when the world gives you rotten lemonade and tells you drink it anyway. I do hope you're recording everything that has happened. I've sailed on the Eclipse 4 times now, including the cruise you're on and never had a problem, but as I previously posted I did have a similar problem on a HAL cruise and everyone I dealt with just denied it was happening! Celebrity should certainly compensate you for this and I'm glad you are not letting it ruin your trip because this was a really wonderful cruise. Document everything you have done, everyone you have spoken to and what they have told you....and don't back down. Keep us posted on the outcome, please.

What a nightmare this has been for you! I commend you for setting an example for how to behave when the world gives you rotten lemonade and tells you drink it anyway. I do hope you're recording everything that has happened. I've sailed on the Eclipse 4 times now, including the cruise you're on and never had a problem, but as I previously posted I did have a similar problem on a HAL cruise and everyone I dealt with just denied it was happening! Celebrity should certainly compensate you for this and I'm glad you are not letting it ruin your trip because this was a really wonderful cruise. Document everything you have done, everyone you have spoken to and what they have told you....and don't back down. Keep us posted on the outcome, please.
Yes we are all behind you, please let us know when you get a positive reaction from Celebrity.

Yes we are all behind you, please let us know when you get a positive reaction from Celebrity.

I was informed on the LAST NIGHT of our cruise in 2010 that they would issue us with Future Cruise Certificates, due to the ‘sewer type ‘ smell outside our room on Eclipse.

I was informed on the LAST NIGHT of our cruise in 2010 that they would issue us with Future Cruise Certificates, due to the ‘sewer type ‘ smell outside our room on Eclipse.
We were on RC Harmony in 2016 when a crew member was killed during a crew lifeboat drill.

We were stuck in Marseille for a day for health and safety checks and missed the next port but we were more concerned about the crew.

The Captain gave everyone on board an obc in relation to your cabin cost.

We personally got $300 obc from the Captain.

This shows the Captain's flexibility so I hope the op does get the compensation they deserve.

As you were a satisfied customer of Celebrity before this and are a loyal member of the Captains Club and still you have had no resolution, I would suggest you take your business elsewhere. It is unlikely Celebrity will satisfy you in the future. They are any other lines you can try.

So sorry you are dealing with this. When I booked my cruise a couple of weeks ago on Eclipse the system tried to assign me that very room! I am glad I moved down to the eighth deck.

On NCL Escape last fall we had an aft balcony. And the vibration while under way was unbelievable. We adjusted to it but it definitely cost us some sleep that week. So I can feel your pain. I hope Celebrity takes care of you.

We were on RC Harmony in 2016 when a crew member was killed during a crew lifeboat drill.

We were stuck in Marseille for a day for health and safety checks and missed the next port but we were more concerned about the crew.

The Captain gave everyone on board an obc in relation to your cabin cost.

We personally got $300 obc from the Captain.

This shows the Captain's flexibility so I hope the op does get the compensation they deserve.

The $$ may have been announced as "from the Captain" but there is no way a Captain would have the authority to make that kind of final decision as to $$ rewards and their amounts. He/she may provide input and suggestion, and I would expect their opinions would be highly valued, but the Captain does not control the finances in that way. The final approval would need to come from Home Office.

So sorry you are dealing with this. When I booked my cruise a couple of weeks ago on Eclipse the system tried to assign me that very room! I am glad I moved down to the eighth deck.

On NCL Escape last fall we had an aft balcony. And the vibration while under way was unbelievable. We adjusted to it but it definitely cost us some sleep that week. So I can feel your pain. I hope Celebrity takes care of you.

What did NCL do for you??

The $$ may have been announced as "from the Captain" but there is no way a Captain would have the authority to make that kind of final decision as to $$ rewards and their amounts. He/she may provide input and suggestion, and I would expect their opinions would be highly valued, but the Captain does not control the finances in that way. The final approval would need to come from Home Office.
Quite possibly but it was a fantastic unexpected gesture that given the circumstances he didn't have to do it.

As Celebrity seem to be showing an appalling lack of interest in what seems to be a terrible situation within their gift to make right, perhaps we need to take action.

Perhaps we need to promote this in a clear sticky "Do not book cabin 1635 on Celebrity Eclipse"

Perhaps some tweets and fB messages to that effect?

As Celebrity seem to be showing an appalling lack of interest in what seems to be a terrible situation within their gift to make right, perhaps we need to take action.

Perhaps we need to promote this in a clear sticky "Do not book cabin 1635 on Celebrity Eclipse"

Great idea and I have circled this area of the ship in my Celebrity brochure to avoid.

Agree, but perhaps state the block of cabins that all apparently have the same problem, according to the replies on this thread :confused:?

Agree, but perhaps state the block of cabins that all apparently have the same problem, according to the replies on this thread :confused:?

And posters have mentioned that Celebrity’s other ships have the same issue in this block of cabins. It makes me nervous to book any future cruises in Aqua. I was just in 1648 on Equinox and could hear a lot of grinding, popping and creaking noises. I always bring earplugs when I travel, but I could see a lighter sleeper being bothered by it.

Ours was 2015 and the smell was inside the cabin particularly the bathroom and on the balcony but we did agree an amount that we would be happy to accept and received the certificates on the second last full day. It did become a pain with the constant stream of visitors to get it orts

The first thing we should all do is post cabin reviews in the appropriate Sticky, especially if we have serious issues like the OP’s. I just searched for cabin 1635 in the sticky. There are zero reviews for it. I found one for 1633 that was posted in 2010, and one for 1637 posted in 2013. The reviewers had no problems, but being several years old, those reviews are irrelevant to a problem that may be due to aging machinery. Had there been recent reviews for cabin 1635 - or adjacent cabins- that mentioned significant vibration, the OP would have been alerted to potential problems before he booked.

If we each post cabin reviews, noting any ship noise, vibration, or other issues outside our normal experience, it would help the community and establish a written record of “problem” trends. It’s unlikely that Celebrity tracks our verbal complaints about such issues, and I wouldn’t place any bets that they track written complaints either.

Edited by Silkroad

last night was just as bad as the first night, it had gotten less, but even i couldn't sleep through last night but we are in st petersberg so i tried to make the most of it, there will be no obc they have told me. we are sleeping on the ship tonight, hopefully since it's not moving it will ok, feels amazing in our room now since we aren't moving.

we have been told that people are getting off at the last port, so we will hopefully get to move somewhere on the last two days, not much point in posting, i have tried everything everyone has recommended, when i walk up to guest services if i see someone new they know my name, so clearly they are all aware, but not much help.

they did bring me some chocolate covered strawberries, and Pellegrino, which was nice, but the Pellegrino really wasn't necessary since I have a drink plan, but you know thinking about it, it must be hard for them to come up with things for me. I already have all of my tours done, i like eating in blu, our staff is always helpful, but they were like that before and after the problem. i mean realliy without the cabin this is a really nice cruise, if i didn't have to sleep it would be great.

they have told me and my travel agent that there are no rooms at all, i thought that there might be some out of service, like no water or something but apparently not. one hundred percent occupancy this time, pretty good for them.

Frankly you are too nice about this

I agree with everyone who says that we need to be more vigilant about posting comments regarding staterooms. I can't imagine how much a lack of quality sleep would absolutely destroy my vacation. You end up losing your sanity! Your balance in life. Your ability to enjoy food and any type of activity. I've had bouts of insomnia and it's just not.... at all... pleasant.

So, I'm serious about this. I am stepping onto Eclipse in September in an AQ stateroom, 1605. I haven't read anything that says my stateroom could be subject to this awful vibration situation...

.... however. I was (WAS) also booked on Eclipse for a South American cruise, a B2B. Right smack in the midst of all this vibration nonsense. Yesterday, I cancelled that B2B. I booked the Oasis of the Seas TA instead. Pleasantly surprised at the cost savings (as an aside). Intend to use the price difference to spend additional time in Europe after the cruise. It's just not worth the worry of having this abysmal situation befall me.

So, thanks OP. So sorry that you're dealing with this unbelievable situation. Best wishes to you and a heartfelt hope that your days improve immensely once you get away from this aggravation. A large community cyber hug for alerting us all to the problem!

I agree with everyone who says that we need to be more vigilant about posting comments regarding staterooms. I can't imagine how much a lack of quality sleep would absolutely destroy my vacation. You end up losing your sanity! Your balance in life. Your ability to enjoy food and any type of activity. I've had bouts of insomnia and it's just not.... at all... pleasant.

So, I'm serious about this. I am stepping onto Eclipse in September in an AQ stateroom, 1605. I haven't read anything that says my stateroom could be subject to this awful vibration situation...

.... however. I was (WAS) also booked on Eclipse for a South American cruise, a B2B. Right smack in the midst of all this vibration nonsense. Yesterday, I cancelled that B2B. I booked the Oasis of the Seas TA instead. Pleasantly surprised at the cost savings (as an aside). Intend to use the price difference to spend additional time in Europe after the cruise. It's just not worth the worry of having this abysmal situation befall me.

So, thanks OP. So sorry that you're dealing with this unbelievable situation. Best wishes to you and a heartfelt hope that your days improve immensely once you get away from this aggravation. A large community cyber hug for alerting us all to the problem!

I agree and Celebrity response so far has been abysmal.

So are you saying you they are not going to give you ANY monetary compensation?

That is outrageous. I would escalate this to Miami when I got home, since obviously the ship's personnel is either useless or I don't know what.

Make sure you take videos with your cell phone of water glasses jumping off of tables.

Sorry I think there will be compensation just not on board credit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m so sorry to hear this! I’m not impressed with the way they’ve handled your issue, because I think they should have let you sleep in the relaxation room. I’m glad you’re docked in St. Petersburg, so you can get some sleep at last.

On Silhouette, earlier this month, we were unable to dock due to high winds, so I’m very happy that you and your wife are be able to see the sights there:) (And I hope you’re able to enjoy them in your sleep deprived state.)

Last night being in port was amazing oh my God getting to sleep was so so great St Petersburg was great

Does your travel agent not think some sort of compensation should be given for this experience? I can’t believe that you wouldn’t receive either some OBC or a discount on a future cruise. Please do keep your videos and the names of all the ship’s personnel you’ve dealt with. It’s unbelievable that this couldn’t have been ameliorated in some fashion while you were onboard but certainly you should pursue it when you debark. And I agree, you are a saint!

My travel agent told me to contact them after the cruise if I was not happy but after I was on the ship he couldn't do anything