currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

guy999

Suggestion - go to the media.

Facebook CNN, Fox, USA Today- tell them your story attach info if you can.

Make sure you indicate that Celebrity has done nothing.

Also, label this a health and safety issue - that gets good milage

Celebrity is deliberately selling damaged goods to consumers - the media loves this stuff.

If you get a response, print and leverage for $ to you.

Go for it!

I would skip the "get even" temptation and write a serious letter to the corporate headquarters in FL setting forth clearly and calmly every complaint about your room vibration, how it affected you and your wife, the name and position, if possible, of everyone you spoke to about it and what they told you. Tell them your cabin level and what you paid for it and what you expected to get for that amount. Mail it addressed to the CEO and send it certified mail, return receipt requested. This will guarantee that it gets read by at the very least her assistant and responded to. I'm on the Eclipse leaving from Amsterdam on Monday next....I located my cabin and while I'm 2 floors below you, I'm on the same side in a cabin on the bump. I'll let you know if I have or hear of anyone else having problems.

Hydrokitty, I'm leaving Amsterdam on Mon, Aug. 6th on the Eclipse and I'm hoping that I don't hear any of that shaking and noise that OP complained about. My cabin is midship on deck 8. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm planning on a great cruise to someplace I've always wanted to visit.I certainly hope that the issue can be resolved without going to the news. I wouldn't have enjoyed a cruise where I couldn't sleep. See you on board.

Last night being in port was amazing oh my God getting to sleep was so so great St Petersburg was great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s wonderful! I’m so happy you’ve finally had some quality sleep, and that you were able to enjoy St. Petersburg:D

Hydrokitty, I'm leaving Amsterdam on Mon, Aug. 6th on the Eclipse and I'm hoping that I don't hear any of that shaking and noise that OP complained about. My cabin is midship on deck 8. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm planning on a great cruise to someplace I've always wanted to visit.I certainly hope that the issue can be resolved without going to the news. I wouldn't have enjoyed a cruise where I couldn't sleep. See you on board.

Hi Patty.....if it's any consolation to you, I've sailed on Eclipse at least 4x, the last being in March, 2018, and had no problem. We're on deck 10 on the bump. I know when it happened to us on HAL it was absolutely dreadful. The vibration was so bad we had to hold on to the wall in the shower! I hope we meet up with you. Are you going to the Tattoo in Edinburgh?

Edited by Hydrokitty

What a nightmare this has been for you! I commend you for setting an example for how to behave when the world gives you rotten lemonade and tells you drink it anyway. I do hope you're recording everything that has happened. I've sailed on the Eclipse 4 times now, including the cruise you're on and never had a problem, but as I previously posted I did have a similar problem on a HAL cruise and everyone I dealt with just denied it was happening! Celebrity should certainly compensate you for this and I'm glad you are not letting it ruin your trip because this was a really wonderful cruise. Document everything you have done, everyone you have spoken to and what they have told you....and don't back down. Keep us posted on the outcome, please.

Which HAL ship and cabin and when was it? My friends are looking at booking on HAL to Alaska and since I recommended HAL cruise itinerary to them, I want to make sure I am not getting them into a miserable cruise.

We were on the Eclipse in June on the Starboard side in 1642 and had no problem. Also in 1621 port side last year also no problems, but you never know when something will go bad and start vibrating.

A number of years ago we were on a TA on a brand new ship(not X) that had only been launched 6 months before. Went to dinner on night 1 in MDR our table was at the very aft by the windows. The vibration was so bad the silverware, glasses and dishes were moving across the table. The waiters, head waiter, Maitre D all said that was normal- of course the 8 of use who had been on many cruises knew better. Fast forward mid way across the Atlantic we got a letter in our cabin changing our itinerary. We diverted to the Bahamas for 2 nights to replace a bad Azipod. Also had a itinerary change last year to replace another part that was causing the ship to vibrate. We just keep our fingers crossed and, like guy999a good attitude.

my husband and i are leaving on a cruise out of barcelona on september 23 on the eclipse. we are in cabin #1635 also. after reading this thread i contacted my travel agent asking to be moved to another cabin. a day and a half later they sent me a list of available cabins. i immediately selected one and emailed them bu by then they had all been sold and now the travel agent is seeing what else can be done. any suggestions of what i can do to be proactive about this situation would be appreciated.

my husband and i are leaving on a cruise out of barcelona on september 23 on the eclipse. we are in cabin #1635 also. after reading this thread i contacted my travel agent asking to be moved to another cabin. a day and a half later they sent me a list of available cabins. i immediately selected one and emailed them bu by then they had all been sold and now the travel agent is seeing what else can be done. any suggestions of what i can do to be proactive about this situation would be appreciated.

I would try and pay for an upgrade or downgrade before you get here is the entire ship full like this one is?

We are currently docked in Costa Maya on Equinox in an aft cabin. The seas are rough, we have been pummled with waves (white caps) hitting the stern since around 6am. I know our situation doesn’t even compare to yours but I feel your pain, the thumping, jolting and rattling has made our cabin unsable today...

I can’t even imagine how awful it must be for you 24/7.

We are currently docked in Costa Maya on Equinox in an aft cabin. The seas are rough, we have been pummled with waves (white caps) hitting the stern since around 6am. I know our situation doesn’t even compare to yours but I feel your pain, the thumping, jolting and rattling has made our cabin unsable today...

I can’t even imagine how awful it must be for you 24/7.

As long as the ship doesn't move is manageable. Sorry you had to live through that storm sounds like that sucks

Which HAL ship and cabin and when was it? My friends are looking at booking on HAL to Alaska and since I recommended HAL cruise itinerary to them, I want to make sure I am not getting them into a miserable cruise.

It was on the Statendam, which was retired at the end of that season. I will say that the pre-trip we booked with the cruise (and I highly recommend it) was fantastic, the ports and excursions we did were wonderful. It was just the ship we were on. But I'm sure your friends will be on a newer ship and be fine.

I wouldn't do anything...like I said in earlier post, we've been on Eclipse at least 4x with the last time this past March. ..we're in 1245 this time (also bump cabin) and when we return 8/18 I'll post and let you all know if there were any problems. We were on deck 16 in March and had no problems.

last night was just as bad as the first night, it had gotten less, but even i couldn't sleep through last night but we are in st petersberg so i tried to make the most of it, there will be no obc they have told me. we are sleeping on the ship tonight, hopefully since it's not moving it will ok, feels amazing in our room now since we aren't moving.

we have been told that people are getting off at the last port, so we will hopefully get to move somewhere on the last two days, not much point in posting, i have tried everything everyone has recommended, when i walk up to guest services if i see someone new they know my name, so clearly they are all aware, but not much help.

they did bring me some chocolate covered strawberries, and Pellegrino, which was nice, but the Pellegrino really wasn't necessary since I have a drink plan, but you know thinking about it, it must be hard for them to come up with things for me. I already have all of my tours done, i like eating in blu, our staff is always helpful, but they were like that before and after the problem. i mean realliy without the cabin this is a really nice cruise, if i didn't have to sleep it would be great.

they have told me and my travel agent that there are no rooms at all, i thought that there might be some out of service, like no water or something but apparently not. one hundred percent occupancy this time, pretty good for them.

I hope you get this resolved asap. Not getting enough sleep is one of the worst feelings. I think they should completely refund the cruise. That is no vacation.

I hope you get this resolved asap. Not getting enough sleep is one of the worst feelings. I think they should completely refund the cruise. That is no vacation.
That's what they should request because I agree lack of sleep is awful and not what you pay a lot of money to Celebrity for.

Minnied: OB eclipse....my room is fine BUT had lunch with couple today who said the vibration was so bad her husband got sick. Fortunately ship not full so they were immediately moved to inside cabin and GR is "working on a solution" ... i'm on Deck 10 port side aft bump...problem seems to be deck 8 midships. I don't know what to tell you. DH is a civil engineer..he says whatever it is is structural...not an easy fix...probably need dry dock. Sorry, wish I had better news. I think I would try a cabin chang NOW if you"re on deck 8 midship.

Hello, all this talk of vibrations is making me think twice about my upcoming cruise to South America. The price was so high that we booked an obstructed balcony (30%) on the 6 floor exactly midship. I really dont mind rocking and rolling, but I hate vibrations. Do you think we have anything to worry about?

Thanks

Andrea

I’ve never felt anything mid ship.

The only problem you will have will be a view of the lifeboats.

I like deck 6, as it’s close to the iLounge.

A couple of decks down to the MDR & theatre.

Views from our balcony, 6243 on Silhouette.

d6d38a1d51ee42264a65efa3addda5e8.jpg

325d1820c28b47bbc9b75f2bcd65e1b6.jpg

And re posting from #48 (miched). An outside view of our room between the small and larger lifeboat on deck 6.

c11ed91b9a623fe7a0c934fc85afdc38.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

Hello, all this talk of vibrations is making me think twice about my upcoming cruise to South America. The price was so high that we booked an obstructed balcony (30%) on the 6 floor exactly midship. I really dont mind rocking and rolling, but I hate vibrations. Do you think we have anything to worry about?

Thanks

Andrea

If I’m not mistaken and it’s port side, you get the smoking area directly below you. The current pax (Hydrokitty) said that the people moved were on deck 8 midship - unsure if it was port or starboard, or both :confused:?