currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

They always have rooms for the various entertainers who come and go in different port for a short trip....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They might have better contractual terms and conditions than the passengers ;p

Have to say, I have been following this topic all day and am horrified by Celebrity's lack of compassion on this one. If it was my first, 2nd , 99th or 1000th cruise with them it would be my last.

I really do hope that they come up with a solution for guy999 - sounds like a miserable way to spend a holiday

:(

I am in complete agreement with you. I’ve experienced some minor issues with Celebrity cabins (including mild vibration and a constant rumbling noise in Aqua cabin 1120 on Summit) but I’ve not experienced a continuous vibration or noise that completely prevented me from enjoying my cabin or getting sleep. Celebrity’s response to guy999’s issue has not been that of a company that cares about the quality of his holiday! And once his sailing ordeal ends, he’s got to pack his sleep deprived wife and self into a plane to fly all the way to Texas.

I think a future cruise credit would be horrible compensation - give them an almost total refund, and if they choose to ever sail on Celebrity again it should be their choice, not because they felt forced into it by a FCC.

Unbelievable lack of compassion and response.

Just to add we did cruise on eclipse last Jan in a S2 room 2124 I think it was could be wrong but experienced this same thing. Out of the 14 nights I only remember it doing it maybe four days though and don't think it was all the time. I just kind of though it was swells or something but definitely was a pretty good shuddering feeling. Hope they do get fixed if getting worse.

My comment was in response to post #32 about the air vents possibly causing the vibrations. The AQ air vents are on both sides of the ship. I was only mentioning that we never had a vibration problem from these vents in our staterooms. ;)

Why phone The Captains Club? :confused:

That was suppose to say "Why not call the Captain's Club." You will get a much faster response. ;)

That was suppose to say "Why not call the Captain's Club." You will get a much faster response. ;)

In the past Celebrity representatives would have spotted this thread and would have acted upon it and be reassuring everyone else.

Recently on the Azamara forum one of their passengers had a major issue (overbooking and texts cancellling their cruise whilst they were on the way to the ship) it was widely reported on CC and lots of anger - IIRC the regular Azamara rep was on it and it all got sorted.

In the past Celebrity representatives would have spotted this thread and would have acted upon it and be reassuring everyone else.

Recently on the Azamara forum one of their passengers had a major issue (overbooking and texts cancellling their cruise whilst they were on the way to the ship) it was widely reported on CC and lots of anger - IIRC the regular Azamara rep was on it and it all got sorted.

My experience of the Celebrity representative here was they were about as useful as a rubber walking stick. Azamara seem more responsive with a smaller customer base and ship, but even then there are limitations if the ship is full. Yes, the person who was bumped in Australia was eventually able to get on the cruise (and have it paid for, gratis). I’m not sure what they managed to do for her.

Phil

Celebrity Official has not been posting very much..Maybe the job was discontinued...

Basically the person posted copy and paste excerpts from Celeb website...Not an active rep like the one for Azamara...

Msybe they will post here about the Vibration issue as it does give everyone great concern and has almost ruined OPs cruise..

If they are on the ship they could go to see the Captain’s Club rep.

I have found that a mention on FB gives instant response, eg a phone call from Miami:

I wrote the following on our Roll Call about 10 days after our recent cruise on Silhouette:

“Yesterday, I was sent a promotional e mail from Celebrity, which included my updated Captain’s Club points.

However, when I went on to my Personal Planner on the Celebrity web site, it showed I had 0 previous cruises and would not take my Captain’s Club number, which it said couldn’t be found.

I rang the given telephone number and was told it might take 2 weeks to update after a cruise. I wasn’t happy, as our next cruise is on RCCL so I wanted everything to be correct, and I knew that the cruise points had already been added.

Tonight, I’ve had a phone call from Miami and the lady said that I had put my D.O.B in the incorrect format ( UK day, month, year, instead of the U.S format, month, day, year)

She corrected that and now my account shows the correct points and correct number of previous cruises.

I urge everyone therefore to check that your account has been credited with our cruise on Silhouette and that are no problems after the recent merging of the Celebrity and RCCL web sites.”

bfedd16d68cd7ee5a995aef03f42f108.jpg

My account was adjusted instantly, and this is the 3rd time that I have contacted Celebrity cruises via FB.

First time was for a flight refund for a cancelled cruise. They said I was told there would be no refund at booking, my take was that I didn’t have it in writing and could not listen to the initial booking recording.

I was refunded the cost of the flight.

Edited by upwarduk

If they are on the ship they could go to see the Captain’s Club rep.

I have found that a mention on FB gives instant response, eg a phone call from Miami:

I have posted a few times on their fb page and it does seem a quicker way to get their attention, presumably because they think more people see the posts there and they do not want to be seen as unhelpful to the world at large. Perhaps there is too much of the critic in the boards and they look on issues on this site as a much lower rated issue.

I really don't post often but we had this issue a few years ago on a Transatlantic crossing. At Tenerife we had had enough went to guest relations and said we were getting off, out bags were packed and we had complained several times a day. Suddenly a cabin mid ship was given to us.....even although we were told all cabins were full!

It made a huge difference to our cruise but we have not sailed Celebrity since. I don't go on holiday to spend most of my days at guest relations or spend all night awake.

I feel your pain.

We had a similar experience on a MSC ship last year. When the engines were running the noise in the cabin from vibrations were unbearable. Customer service were useless so I investigated the problem myself. I discovered that there we many wall and ceiling panels that were not fixed properly so when the engines ran (we were in an aft facing cabin) all these ill fitting panels vibrated. I managed to do a temporary fix by stuffing towels between the ceiling and wall panels and anywhere else when the noise was coming from. It wasn't a perfect fix but the noise was 90% better and we were able to sleep. Maybe worth a try.

upwarduk - The person that I told to call the Captains Club is not on a ship. ;)

To the OP. I so hope that you can get restitution. Very sad situation. :(

My experience of the Celebrity representative here was they were about as useful as a rubber walking stick. Azamara seem more responsive with a smaller customer base and ship, but even then there are limitations if the ship is full. Yes, the person who was bumped in Australia was eventually able to get on the cruise (and have it paid for, gratis). I’m not sure what they managed to do for her.

Phil

Sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to go find it. I would have been livid!

Guy999, you haven’t posted in a while. I hope this means Celebrity has finally found a creative solution that allows you to sleep! I also hope you and your wife have been able to have at least a few enjoyable experiences during your disheartening cruise.

last night was just as bad as the first night, it had gotten less, but even i couldn't sleep through last night but we are in st petersberg so i tried to make the most of it, there will be no obc they have told me. we are sleeping on the ship tonight, hopefully since it's not moving it will ok, feels amazing in our room now since we aren't moving.

we have been told that people are getting off at the last port, so we will hopefully get to move somewhere on the last two days, not much point in posting, i have tried everything everyone has recommended, when i walk up to guest services if i see someone new they know my name, so clearly they are all aware, but not much help.

they did bring me some chocolate covered strawberries, and Pellegrino, which was nice, but the Pellegrino really wasn't necessary since I have a drink plan, but you know thinking about it, it must be hard for them to come up with things for me. I already have all of my tours done, i like eating in blu, our staff is always helpful, but they were like that before and after the problem. i mean realliy without the cabin this is a really nice cruise, if i didn't have to sleep it would be great.

they have told me and my travel agent that there are no rooms at all, i thought that there might be some out of service, like no water or something but apparently not. one hundred percent occupancy this time, pretty good for them.

So are you saying you they are not going to give you ANY monetary compensation?

That is outrageous. I would escalate this to Miami when I got home, since obviously the ship's personnel is either useless or I don't know what.

Make sure you take videos with your cell phone of water glasses jumping off of tables.

I’m so sorry to hear this! I’m not impressed with the way they’ve handled your issue, because I think they should have let you sleep in the relaxation room. I’m glad you’re docked in St. Petersburg, so you can get some sleep at last.

On Silhouette, earlier this month, we were unable to dock due to high winds, so I’m very happy that you and your wife are be able to see the sights there:) (And I hope you’re able to enjoy them in your sleep deprived state.)

So are you saying you they are not going to give you ANY monetary compensation?

That is outrageous. I would escalate this to Miami when I got home, since obviously the ship's personnel is either useless or I don't know what.

Make sure you take videos with your cell phone of water glasses jumping off of tables.

I have had a phone call from Miami today, as I had tried to get a Future Cruise certificate due to the fact that we missed St Petersburg on 1&2 July, due to wind, our ship size and a narrow shallow, approach channel.

I was told Celebrity don’t pay out for missing ports due to bad weather (T& C) but they Do PAY OUT for mechanical faults!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

last night was just as bad as the first night, it had gotten less, but even i couldn't sleep through last night but we are in st petersberg so i tried to make the most of it, there will be no obc they have told me. we are sleeping on the ship tonight, hopefully since it's not moving it will ok, feels amazing in our room now since we aren't moving.

we have been told that people are getting off at the last port, so we will hopefully get to move somewhere on the last two days, not much point in posting, i have tried everything everyone has recommended, when i walk up to guest services if i see someone new they know my name, so clearly they are all aware, but not much help.

they did bring me some chocolate covered strawberries, and Pellegrino, which was nice, but the Pellegrino really wasn't necessary since I have a drink plan, but you know thinking about it, it must be hard for them to come up with things for me. I already have all of my tours done, i like eating in blu, our staff is always helpful, but they were like that before and after the problem. i mean realliy without the cabin this is a really nice cruise, if i didn't have to sleep it would be great.

they have told me and my travel agent that there are no rooms at all, i thought that there might be some out of service, like no water or something but apparently not. one hundred percent occupancy this time, pretty good for them.

You are a saint. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Please do not let this rest after you cruise. You certainly deserve SOMETHING.

Since they don’t seem to be looking for, or repairing, a mechanical fault, no doubt they’ll tell the OP there isn’t one. I suppose they’ll say that unbearable vibration is simply a random occurrence on ships at sea. I’d say, if that’s their story, they ought to keep a few obstructed cabins free to house the poor devils affected by it!

You are a saint. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Please do not let this rest after you cruise. You certainly deserve SOMETHING.
I would definitely email the CEO with all your details and tell him you want your money back or vouchers for another cruise to make up for this disappointing cruise.

IMO they have totally disrespected you and your wife and should have done a lot more for you.

With disrupted sleep it has ruined your cruise as it would have ruined ours too.

Seems like all cruise lines are the same. Was on MSC Seaside in Jan. and our room had a very strong sewer smell coming out of AC vent. Was making my DW and I sick. Took 3 staff members to verify before attempting to do anything.GS had a sign on counter that claimed the ship was full and no rooms avail.After informing them that they had a choice of finding me a different room or I was getting off at first port and they would pay for flights and reimburse me for cruise.Magically they found me a room in same class. Without asking they gave me a voucher for dinner at premium rest. Day after using it a charge for the dinner appeared on my bill. Went to GS to dispute and the person who the day before gave me the voucher denied giving it to me. Needless to say I will never return to MSC. I guess this is the European Style of cruising and I don't want any part of it !!!

Does your travel agent not think some sort of compensation should be given for this experience? I can’t believe that you wouldn’t receive either some OBC or a discount on a future cruise. Please do keep your videos and the names of all the ship’s personnel you’ve dealt with. It’s unbelievable that this couldn’t have been ameliorated in some fashion while you were onboard but certainly you should pursue it when you debark. And I agree, you are a saint!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums