Refridgerator in Room

cruisekitty22

With that in mind, can you get bottled/canned beer at the bars and have them NOT open them? So I can take to room fridge and stock up?

By rule, no. Actually it is up to the bartender to enforce the rule and some will leave the cap on if you ask. Be sure to tip extra if you want this type of service.

All have mini fridges stocked with soda snacks and booze for a fee. Not much room for anything else. You can ask your steward to remove everything and then use if needed

Do the room refrigerators actually keep drinks cold or just cool below room temperature?

The refrigerators don't keep very cold because they are in cabinets that allows no circulation. I believe that you can improve the efficiency of the refrigerators by propping the cabinet door open a crack with a wash cloth.

Lots of people talk about having their refrigerators emptied, and many admit that once they have it done, they have nothing to put in it.

For us, it is a matter of avoiding temptation. Out of sight etc.

Sometimes bring cheese and fruit for afternoon wine and cheese snack:D

Caution - watch the expiration date on the goodies within.

Diet pops because of their faux chemical sugar content have a shelf life.

Check the seals on the liquor miniatures for tampering.

Warm beer - wait for it - that champagne blast when the tab is opened.

Best that you have the mini-fridge emptied by your cabin attendant or that failing

do-it-yourself and tell the CA what you have done and not to replace the contents.

Then you can fill it with items that are for your own personal use WITHOUT CHARGE !

Interesting cracking the fridge door with a wash cloth to enhance the limited cooling !

For us, it is a matter of avoiding temptation. Out of sight

All the steward is going to do is stick the fridge contents in a pillow case and put it under your bed. “Someone” can still raid the bag in the middle of the night. And you will still get charged.

That's right...fridges need AIR! Drape a wash cloth over the cabinet door...that will allow air to circulate, and the fridge will work MUCH better!

Absolutely. We leave the cabinet door wide open when we leave and we ask our steward to leave it open. When we are in the room, it'll be propped partly open with something. The fridges generally can keep things cold, if allowed to work properly.

This whole setup kind of surprises me, my guess is most of the refrigerators on the ship have their compressors running way more than they should, wasting their time because their condensers are too warm to condense. I suppose electricity is cheaper than whatever it would take to make the refrigerators work well.

At home our fridge is set into a surround on three sides. There is a few inches of space on top. Never had a problem with it keeping temperature.

Three sides is much different than 4 sides which is what happens when the cabinet door is closed.