Royal Caribbean proposal?

Does anyone on the forum have experience with proposing on a royal Caribbean cruise looking to ask some questions about gather information. Also looking for anyone that nasty have had a special event that you asked risk to help document with picture etc. Please help me gather information I appreciate all help thank you

Let me fix with my poor grammar checking skills:

Does anyone on the forum have experience with proposing on a royal Caribbean cruise looking to ask some questions for anyone who has proposed to their wife on a royal carribean cruise. If someone had a different special event on a cruise and had royal carribran ship photographers Take pictures. Please help me gather information I appreciate all help thank you

My son proposed to his GF on the first morning of the cruise. He left his room key with us the night before. Just before sunrise they headed out to the helo pad. My other son was hiding and took photos with a telephoto lens. We went to their room and put up decorations. We had champagne OJ waiting in our room when they returned. It worked out perfectly.

• Like 1

I did.

Allure transatlantic in 2015, Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. Proposed on Halloween, Central Park, right around 8:30pm (ish). I tried to schedule something with our roll call to have someone available to take a picture, but it didn't quite work at the exact moment. We did get our picture taken just a bit after though.

I just did it my own way, didn't request any special photographer or any special decorations.

If you have a specific place on board in mind where you want to propose and you want to use a ship photographer, you will more than likely have to pay extra. A sneakier way is just to ask a passer-by if they could take your picture (ask them to take a couple so they won't just snap a pic and then try to walk away, maybe even mention you want a couple poses).

Another option is to do it on formal night, find a good spot where the photographer is already set up, and do it there. Depends on the ship and location if they have a natural surroundings or a printed backdrop.

Not on Royal - but on another line I took my girl up to the highest point on the ship after dinner, right as the sun was setting. As luck held for me, no one was on a portion of the deck way up high. The sky was ablaze with reds, oranges, yellows, and all shades in between. There was no fanfare, no photographers (with no added fees or tips required!) and it was a quiet moment that has no record of having occurred...except the vivid memories in each of our minds. We'd have it no other way.

I do have a picture of after she said yes, but the quiet and serene moment was pretty special for us.

• Like 1

I proposed at the Starbucks on Harmony because our first date was at a Starbucks. Given its location there was a little bit of a crowd so we got some pictures of the real event and a few posed ones afterwards. We had a fancy dinner at Wonderland later that evening.

I've had the dubious pleasure of actually proposing twice on Royal Caribbean cruises..so to speak. The first time, I did it on our balcony on the Jewel of the Seas. Obviously, I did not follow through on the wedding fortunately and seriously dodged a bullet there.

2nd time, it was not on the ship, but on a cruise on the Independence of the Seas. A question my friend asked me was, the ship may not be around for you to return to in say 20 years or so. You'd probably want to return to where you got engaged. So instead of on the ship, I did it at a port of call. In this case, it was Marigot, St. Martin. I found myself on a pier with my now wife and something told me that this was where i needed to do it, so i did. Unbeknownst to me, there was a tag on the wall in french. I found out later, that the tag translated meant "Hey you, I love you".

The funny thing is, I'm not sure if that pier is still there because Marigot got hit pretty hard by Irma.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with proposing on a royal Caribbean cruise looking to ask some questions for anyone who has proposed to their wife on a royal carribean cruise. If someone had a different special event on a cruise and had royal carribran ship photographers Take pictures. Please help me gather information I appreciate all help thank you

Thanks for clarifying. Congratulations on the question you will be asking on the cruise. Be creative, as that moment will be a special one that you both will never forget. We have been married 52 years, and I remember the day I proposed (unfortunately, it was not on a cruise ship).

From your screen name, sounds like you got a metal on a RCCL belly flop contest. Perhaps you could arrange something with the Cruise Director during the belly flop contest. RCCL has lots of photographers during this event.

My nephew wanted to propose to his girlfriend while on a cruise with us. (This was their 2nd cruise) He asked how and where he could propose. The 4 of us had reservations at Chops, the Specialty Restaurant. My husband spoke with the Head Waiter, told him what the plan was and gave him the Engagement ring. We had a great dinner talking about their first cruise. When it was dessert time the waiter arrived with our desserts and presented a silver domed covered dish... in the meantime my nephew is going down on his knee.... She is wondering what he is going onto the floor for .... and then the waiter lifted the dome from the plate and there was a beautiful diamond ring...... she was shocked! He asked her. "Will you marry me?" By this time the other diners were watching and started applauding. Someone asked. "What did she say?" "She said, "YES!"" It was pretty cool. There were a few Officers dining at the time and as they left they stopped by to congratulate the couple. Ken Rush was the Cruise Director, I told him about the newly engaged couple. He asked their name. Later that night, while on stage, he gave a shout out to them and congratulated them on their engagement.

It made their night!!!

OH! And they ended up Getting Married the next year in The Chapel on the Freedom of the Seas.

Sometimes.... English is a second language, or OP types too quickly and doesn't double-check the content, or the phone incorrectly uses auto-correct. Any of these could be a reason for a difficult-to-understand post. ;)

Thanks buttercup. However, my post was satire solely based on the OP’s post.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then Boyfriend and I met on 11/21/2013. 21 became our magic number. We celebrated every month of dating on the 21st of each month. On 7/21/2014, we were in Nassau on Allure. My husband researched the sights and popped the question on the 21st step of the Queen’s staircase. It was a super hot day and I really didn’t want to walk to this staircase in the heat. My now husband really had his work cut out for him getting me to go. We were complete sweaty messes in the pictures we had some passerby take of us immediately afterwards. I loved it! He really made it memorable with his planning.

Incidentally, we married on 11/12/14 at 11:21 in the morning. We were in Grenada on a cruise on 11/21/14 or we would have married that day instead. We’re in our low/mid 50s after long first marriages. Working harder at keeping things special this time around.

I second the suggestion to do it in a port you can go back to....not that we love Nassau...it just worked due to the date.

Pre-congratulations by the way!

My son proposed to his GF on the first morning of the cruise. He left his room key with us the night before. Just before sunrise they headed out to the helo pad. My other son was hiding and took photos with a telephoto lens. We went to their room and put up decorations. We had champagne OJ waiting in our room when they returned. It worked out perfectly.

That would have been interesting if she had said NO. :D

I waited until formal night when all the different photographers were out. You know how the photographers make you stand this way, tilt your head, hold hands, etc to put you in a nice stance for the photo. Well, I as we went up to have our pictures taken, I whispered to the photographer to put me in the proposal stance. He understood exactly what I meant. As we got ready to take the picture. He says, "ok sir, why don't you take a knee" My lady looked bewildered at first, like "what are you doing?" I took the knee, pulled the ring out of my pocket and popped the question. We were dressed up because it was formal night. The photographer was there to snap the pictures to capture the moment and she said "YES".

The only problem was picking the best photos because he took about 25 pictures of us.

If there is any chance of a "No" then you ask on the last day of the cruise, not the first.

Sent from my Oneplus one using the Android Cruise Critic app.

This is pretty difficult because you risk being stressed throughout the entire cruise. Every day is like torture with this question sitting above you, yet your girlfriend is probably clueless about the whole thing...well, that was true with my now wife. She had NO clue I was going to propose. Everyone else figured it out without me saying a thing.