Probably a crazy question but is there a scale on the ship to weight luggage

jjdmom8

we are flying home after our cruise in a few days.. We will have one bag to check at the airport and wondered if the ship has a scale that we could weigh our bag to make sure its below the 50 lb max? In the past we have had to move things over at the airport counter to get it right.

THanks!

I can usually tell what 50 pounds feels like. My average suitcase is around 35, so 50 would be very noticeable.

If you balance your weight evenly across all checked bags, there would be no point in rebalancing at the airport, right? Anything really heavy like books, etc. can always be put in your carryon too, provided it is not on the disallowed list from TSA.

Some stewards will have one but who knows how accurate it really is.

Strangely we have noticed that coming home our stuff weighs more than going even if we do not buy any souvenirs. Thinking it is another one of lifes great mysteries:)

I was always told that your dirty laundry is what makes it heavier. lol But who wants to wash clothing while on a cruise? Dont know if that is true or not, but it kinda makes sense to me.

we are flying home after our cruise in a few days.. We will have one bag to check at the airport and wondered if the ship has a scale that we could weigh our bag to make sure its below the 50 lb max? In the past we have had to move things over at the airport counter to get it right.

THanks!

Buy one