Equinox after the Revolution?

gordylad

So we have our usual sv cabin booked for the caribbean next year after the revolution takes place. I've looked at the following link but cant get my head around whether the intention is to have the equinox look like the edge in some way or its just a huge makeover. Looking at the edge photos it looks as though the sunset bar goes and gets replaced with suite pool etc Is this right?

Also we like the traditional opening balcony door and it seems sv cabins will remain with these?

Can anyone shed any more light or input in general.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/the-celebrity-revolution/

Cheers

I don't think that you can tell from any of the illustrations in page that the link takes you to. I think the area for the suite pool in the video may be on deck 16, the Solstice deck. There really isn't room for that sort of area at the Sunset Bar but time will tell. It is not too long until the Equinox gets its makeover and we will know what is going to happen after that is done.

It will be interesting to see how much they are going to change the existing ships and how much space will be taken away from the open deck areas for the exclusive use of the suite passengers. From those pictures and descriptions, you would believe that they are going to completely re-configure every cabin and many common areas. This would be a tremendous amount of work for the several week dry-dock period. It will also be interesting to if they cancel additional cruises following the dry-dock or if they continue to work on the ship after it returns to service.

Can someone fresh my memory, when is the first S-class ship scheduled for the Revolution?

Ship Completion Dates

Celebrity Millennium® - 09/02/2019

Celebrity Summit® - 23/03/2019

Celebrity Equinox℠ - 25/05/2019

Celebrity Silhouette® - 24/01/2020

Celebrity Eclipse® - 01/04/2020

Celebrity Constellation® - 01/05/2020

Celebrity Infinity® - 14/11/2020

Celebrity Solstice® - 01/10/2021

Celebrity Reflection® - 02/02/2023

It will be interesting to see how much they are going to change the existing ships and how much space will be taken away from the open deck areas for the exclusive use of the suite passengers. From those pictures and descriptions, you would believe that they are going to completely re-configure every cabin and many common areas. This would be a tremendous amount of work for the several week dry-dock period. It will also be interesting to if they cancel additional cruises following the dry-dock or if they continue to work on the ship after it returns to service.

Can someone fresh my memory, when is the first S-class ship scheduled for the Revolution?

Equinox is scheduled for drydock from 05/05/19 thru 06/01/19, 05/25 sailing has already been cancelled.

Millennium is first in January 2019 , first revolutionized sailing is scheduled for 02/09/19

Ship Completion Dates

Thanks for the Revolution schedule completion dates. We're current booked on the 2/2/2020 Silhouette sailing. We booked this before we realized it was so close to the completion of the dry-dock. I'll be closely watching to see if they can complete everything in the scheduled time and how much work continues after the ships return to service. Our Silhouette sailing is the first leg of a B2B so canceling the first leg will cause some additional complications.

Looking back when they Solstinized the M class they really didn’t change much. They added Blu and shower panels in some Consierge cabins and then cabins on deck 11

I think the changes will be mostly where the lawn area will be converted into the suite retreat area consisting of a private pool, bar and their dining room. The bar will replace Michael’s Club.

They may also update some of the public areas and replace deck and balcony furniture, and turning the current Michael’s Club and Luminae into something else.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So we have our usual sv cabin booked for the caribbean next year after the revolution takes place. I've looked at the following link but cant get my head around whether the intention is to have the equinox look like the edge in some way or its just a huge makeover. Looking at the edge photos it looks as though the sunset bar goes and gets replaced with suite pool etc Is this right?

Also we like the traditional opening balcony door and it seems sv cabins will remain with these?

Can anyone shed any more light or input in general.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/the-celebrity-revolution/

Cheers

Sorry, No input but thanks for the link..

and thanks to other posts with the timetable

I like the new cabin decor...seems warmer than EDGE

we are hoping for Silhouette or Equinox in fall 2020...depends on itin and pricing!

Looking back when they Solstinized the M class they really didn’t change much. They added Blu and shower panels in some Consierge cabins and then cabins on deck 11

I think the changes will be mostly where the lawn area will be converted into the suite retreat area consisting of a private pool, bar and their dining room. The bar will replace Michael’s Club.

They may also update some of the public areas and replace deck and balcony furniture, and turning the current Michael’s Club and Luminae into something else.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Is there room to put a pool in the lawn area? The Oceanview is underneath it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Just Booked the 6/1/2019 Sailing on the Equinox, which should be post drydock.  Will the Cruise Line let us know well enough in advance if they need to cancel the cruise and if they do what will they do for PAX to get on other sailings and/or will they offer some type of OBC if there will still be work going on during the cruise?

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, bigbeergut said:

Millennium will be the first one to be Revolutionized.   She goes into dry dock in about 3 weeks and will be in dry dock for a full month.   While on Millennium the Captain explained that the rooms are all modular and they will be pulling ALL of them out and replacing with a new pre-built module.    I would expect (personal opinion) that they have some pretty good project management and will stay on schedule.  

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Millennium will be the first one to be Revolutionized.   She goes into dry dock in about 3 weeks and will be in dry dock for a full month.   While on Millennium the Captain explained that the rooms are all modular and they will be pulling ALL of them out and replacing with a new pre-built module.    I would expect (personal opinion) that they have some pretty good project management and will stay on schedule.  

If that’s the case, I really hope they don’t replace the current cabins with IVs 🙈. I’m already expecting some cabins to be recategorised, as appears to be happening now, but changing from a proper balcony to an ‘oceanview’ is something I really hope doesn’t happen. Well it won’t be too long before Millie’s revolution, so perhaps we’ll know more shortly.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:28 AM, gordylad said:

Ship Completion Dates

Heads up Celebrity Eclipse date was changed to Nov 21, 2020.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, villauk said:

If that’s the case, I really hope they don’t replace the current cabins with IVs 🙈. I’m already expecting some cabins to be recategorised, as appears to be happening now, but changing from a proper balcony to an ‘oceanview’ is something I really hope doesn’t happen. Well it won’t be too long before Millie’s revolution, so perhaps we’ll know more shortly.

confirmed this on the Edge last week. They will not be replacing balconies with IV. There will be New furniture in cabins.  They cannot do IVs on the M or S class ships since they do not have the same structure as the EDGE. EDGE is endoskeleton which allows for the IVs.  All the M and S class ships are exoskeleton. I just hope they do not replace the Balcony furniture with what they put on the IVs on Edge.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, villauk said:

From you post sounds like you’ve been on an Edge.  Please let us know what you disliked about the Infinite Verandas.

6 hours ago, ecslady said:

confirmed this on the Edge last week. They will not be replacing balconies with IV. There will be New furniture in cabins.  They cannot do IVs on the M or S class ships since they do not have the same structure as the EDGE. EDGE is endoskeleton which allows for the IVs.  All the M and S class ships are exoskeleton. I just hope they do not replace the Balcony furniture with what they put on the IVs on Edge.

Oh, thank goodness for that. I presume after all the negative feedback, X would have possibly reconsidered if it was their original intention. 

6 hours ago, gordylad said:

Re They cannot do IVs on the M or S class ships since they do not have the same structure as the EDGE.

but havent they got one of these open windows on a millenium ship

They do, and I'm not sure how they did it. I think it is on Connie. Maybe they were able to do one, and that did not put stress on the overall structure of the ship.

Edited by ecslady

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, villauk said:

I would agree with you that it would be helpful if they were to give some kind of indication which cabins will be changed to IV's, after all I would think that the modules have already been built and ready for installation (for Millennium).