Guaranteed Cabin-leaving in 4 days and no assignment

marjack

This is the first time we have booked a guaranteed cabin.  Our cruise leaves in 4 days, and we still have not been assigned a stateroom.  We did call Princess, and they said it was possible we may not know until we get to the port.  This is quite nerve-racking.  We booked this quite a few months ago, and one would think by now we would have an assignment.  I was wondering if others had experienced the same and what they did when they got to the port (regarding luggage).  Thanks in advance for the info.

17 minutes ago, marjack said:

This is the first time we have booked a guaranteed cabin.  Our cruise leaves in 4 days, and we still have not been assigned a stateroom.  We did call Princess, and they said it was possible we may not know until we get to the port.  This is quite nerve-racking.  We booked this quite a few months ago, and one would think by now we would have an assignment.  I was wondering if others had experienced the same and what they did when they got to the port (regarding luggage).  Thanks in advance for the info.

Happens all the time. Thats the chance you take when you choose a GTY, could be assigned anytime.  You should have a cabin by sailing day. You can log on to the personalizer and check the travel summary and or bag tags right up to arriving at the port.

It will show the cabin assignment there. Very rarely that it would be assigned at the port. 

Keep  checking it should show up for you before you sail.

The porters have a list so if you don't the bags will find you once onboard.

Thanks for your comments.  I have been checking the personalizer a million times a day (at least), and it does not show my room.  I had read some other comments about printing the luggage tags, etc, and it would magically appear.  I guess that magic is not with me today.  It is good to know that the porters will have a list.  We can print up a new set of tags at hotel if it goes that far.   Also,  karion, thank you for your good wishes.  I also hope we get a good stateroom.  Our guarantee is for a premium balcony, so I believe your stateroom has to be at least that category.

8 minutes ago, marjack said:

Thanks for your comments.  I have been checking the personalizer a million times a day (at least), and it does not show my room.  I had read some other comments about printing the luggage tags, etc, and it would magically appear.  I guess that magic is not with me today.  It is good to know that the porters will have a list.  We can print up a new set of tags at hotel if it goes that far.   Also,  karion, thank you for your good wishes.  I also hope we get a good stateroom.  Our guarantee is for a premium balcony, so I believe your stateroom has to be at least that category.

You can always print the tag with no room # and write it on with a marker. 

• Like 1

For my last guaranty, I was not assigned a cabin until the night before the cruise -- I was already in transit to Vancouver, Canada, so I did not have the opportunity to print up luggage tags with my cabin assignment.  My luggage showed up in the cabin anyway, a porter having written the cabin assignment on the tags.

Relax, stop checking for the cabin assignment every two minutes.  You will be assigned a premium balcony (or better).  Relax!  As long as you get the cabin assignment in time to learn what your muster station is before the Safety At Sea drill, all is good!!

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

When i did guarantees, I had them allocated as late as when checking in.

Numerous Cruisers received their cabin number at the port at checkin for or resent 60 night cruise this fall on the Coral. Some also had their cabin number show up the day before. In that case, I think it was before noon for most.

Good Luck and hope the upgrade fairy is with you!

You are GUARANTEED a cabin at what ever category you selected. I have seen posting on these boards of a few not finding out assignment until check-in at the dock. No idea of this is good or bad, but you do have a cabin,

Everybody, thanks for all your comments, good thoughts and wishes for the upgrade fairy.  We love to cruise and I know all will work out alright.  Of course my husband is saying we can have a meet and greet in the boiler room (aka our room).  Of course he is just kidding.  As soon as we get on board I need to buy some more cruise credits and book additional cruises for the current "3 for free" promo, as I think it expires on December 3rd.

1 hour ago, marjack said:

Everybody, thanks for all your comments, good thoughts and wishes for the upgrade fairy.  We love to cruise and I know all will work out alright.  Of course my husband is saying we can have a meet and greet in the boiler room (aka our room).  Of course he is just kidding.  As soon as we get on board I need to buy some more cruise credits and book additional cruises for the current "3 for free" promo, as I think it expires on December 3rd.

Good idea about the Future Cruise Credits & booking  right away  with the 3 for Free promotion 

Have had my cabin assigned while I was in the air on the flight to the port.  Best advice I could give you would be to quit looking at your personalizer.  By the way, they never use the boiler room but the tenders are quite roomy and when you sleep in one you can skip the muster drill.

16 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Have had my cabin assigned while I was in the air on the flight to the port.

That was also our experience one time while flying in the day before the cruise. It was assigned 24 hours before embarkation started.

Don’t worry about luggage tags at all. The porters not only have the manifest, they have bag tags. They will find your name, get the cabin number, write it on the tags, attach the tags to your luggage and you’re done. 

Nobody has ever gotten to check in and found that they didn’t have a cabin, complete with bathroom. 

Enjoy your 🚢, eat lots of 🍔🌭🥩🍗🥯🍳🍕 and drink some 🍷🥂🍺

We have been assigned at the dock twice ....upgraded to a suite both times!  The last one must have been a real last minute decision as there was information for other people in the cabin and our water, etc. was sent to a different cabin.  But it all worked out great and we were very happy!

19 hours ago, karioncruising said:

Wow, that is nerve wracking and thanks for letting us know that this can happen when booking a guarantee cabin. I guess you will have to check in and get your cabin assignment before leaving your large luggage with the porters. Not ideal. I hope you get a good cabin.

Tell your porter that you don't have an assigned stateroom and they will either take you to the longshoreman clerk who will have the latest manifest from the ship that will have your assigned room listed on it and between the 2 of them, they'll get your bags correctly labeled.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, marjack said:

Well, it looks like we will not be sleeping in the boiler room.  We received our stateroom assignment today.  No upgrade, unfortunately.  But DH is happy to know where we will be laying our weary heads.

What level DB did they put you in?