Cruise critic boards issue?

I have the forum 6 of the mass market cruise lines bookmarked in my favorites. No matter which one I pick I get page reload over and over. The work around for me is to simply click any of the others in my favorites and it loads right away. Each subsequent one will as well.

This morning I was alerted to two threads I'm following and appeared to be Logged In and was able to reply.

When I tried to get into one of two roll calls I was no longer logged in and got the usual error code  2F173/K and could not log back in.  I returned to this thread and was back in.

I realize that it's the roll calls that causes me the problem.

Surely our hard working CC people could correct this.

Ruth

7 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I just sent this email

image.png.76d569fc80d9ab55a432ed9ece69b2f0.png

Hi Alan, thank you for doing it........I was going to send an email today but I believe this should be more than enough for them and hopefully this very, very, VERY frustrating issue will be fixed.

I wrote to the CC Help Desk yesterday about the issue so many of us have reported on various threads here -- the repeated refreshing of the Boards' home screen between log out/log in views, with the result that we can't access the Boards, and have to delete cookies, shut down our devices, etc.   I received the following auto reply (in advance of an actual reply):

** Some members may be experiencing issues with staying logged in on the forums.  We are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.  This info has helped relieve the errors for some members:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596530-log-in-staying-logged-in-access-issues/      We apologize for any inconvenience. **

The irony is that if you click on the link they sent me, you get a web page that says this:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

• Haha 1

This is rediculous.  I use Safari and Chrome and the site has become totally useless in both.  Clearing cookies and cache seems to work - once, but then when you come back later it's back to the same old mess.  Until they fix this, I think I'll just be skipping Cruise Critic for now.  It's not worth the hassle.

12 minutes ago, Pens fan said:

This is rediculous.  I use Safari and Chrome and the site has become totally useless in both.  Clearing cookies and cache seems to work - once, but then when you come back later it's back to the same old mess.  Until they fix this, I think I'll just be skipping Cruise Critic for now.  It's not worth the hassle.

I don't disagree with you that CC has become a big hassle.  I am very concerned that the Boards will be losing (and have already lost) members because the "new" site has been so difficult to use, and continues to have glitches like this that are totally off-putting.   As I mentioned in a separate thread, I emailed the Help desk yesterday about this repeated refresh issue.  I received an auto reply (I'm sure I'll get a real answer) that said the following:

** Some members may be experiencing issues with staying logged in on the forums.  We are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.  This info has helped relieve the errors for some members:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596530-log-in-staying-logged-in-access-issues/      We apologize for any inconvenience. **

The irony is that if you click on the link they sent me, you get a web page that says this:

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Alan, thank you for doing it........I was going to send an email today but I believe this should be more than enough for them and hopefully this very, very, VERY frustrating issue will be fixed.

I sent an email yesterday. I posted the auto reply that I received in a separate thread 

12 hours ago, John Bull said:

Am I being thick?

I cannot see "home" anywhere on that page. Or anything that looks like "home". Not even by clicking on every button and drop-down.

I guess I'm not seeing the same page as you.

The link to go to the home page is in the top left-hand corner - you simply click the "cruisecritic" logo. That's the same as most organisations' web pages, everywhere!

2njbst4.jpg

You will probably find that it then sends you to cruisecritic.co.uk, but that's easily solved by going to www.cruisecritic.com?setrd=s as I have previously posted.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

As I mentioned in a separate thread, I emailed the Help desk yesterday about this repeated refresh issue.  I received an auto reply (I'm sure I'll get a real answer) that said the following:

I have a suspicion that the auto-reply text pre-dates the removal of the Report Bugs and Glitches forum, and that that thread was in that forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I received the following auto reply (in advance of an actual reply):

I have a suspicion that the auto-reply text pre-dates the removal of the Report Bugs and Glitches forum, and that that thread was in that forum.

16 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I am really getting freaking annoyed.

12 hours ago, broberts said:

There are already at least half a dozen threads in this forum discussing the problem. Does no one bother to check existing thread titles before creating a new thread?

Indeed: it'll soon be a contest as to whether it's more freaking annoying to have to suffer the log-in / log-out problem, or to read countless new threads from people who never bothered to make even the most cursory glance at the existing contents of the Help forum before starting yet another new thread.

Clearly, this message at the top of the Help forum needs to be put into an even bigger and bolder font, and perhaps festooned with flashing Christmas lights, before some people will actually read and heed it:-

Before emailing the Community Team, we ask that you please browse the many pinned help topics below.  Also, your question may have been asked by other members and answered -- please browse those as well.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Probably so. It’s been a while now, they should update the auto reply 

13 hours ago, John Bull said:

Am I being thick?

I cannot see "home" anywhere on that page. Or anything that looks like "home". Not even by clicking on every button and drop-down.

I guess I'm not seeing the same page as you.

There's no Home link but if you click on the Forums link in the top left, it will take you to a page where you can navigate to where you want to go.

18 hours ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

As you probably using any text (that is not a legit page on CC) after the final slash would work.  Doing that simply brings the "page not found page" which is what my intent was.  That page apparently does not suffer the reload error.  Glad it worked for you.

Thanks for explaining.  Yes, if I just put an "a" after the last slash, that works the same.  I get to the "page not found" page and from there I can navigate. 

17 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, it's Google Chrome causing the never ending page reloads. Try the website help forum as Royal Caribbean really isn't the place to post this. 

Not just Google Chrome - happens to me using Safari

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising