MSC Status match for existing Voyager Club members

tomservo

We are Elite+ on Celebrity which made us "Black" on MSC. We did this earlier this spring. It took about two weeks and we had to verify our status with Celebrity. We just sent them a copy of one of our past seapass cards that had the status printed on them.

It worked on the cruise we took in September and appears to be ok for the cruise we have booked in October 2019.

It took about two weeks. You need to have something from the website or your loyalty status card to send to MSC. I would give them a call. A delay happened when we applied for my husband's status and I called and it was like "Oh, here it is. There was an error with our website..."  They took care of it right there. Welcome to MSC...

20 hours ago, buffalobob716 said:

Hiw long does the status match usually take for them to process? I submitted my wifes and mine a week ago and havent heard anything. Does it typically take this long? I thought I read that some people were getting it approved over night. 

In our case 2 working days. We submitted on a Friday, receiving confirmation on the following Tuesday.

1 hour ago, uttu said:

Assume it is not worth trying if we are GOLD on Carnival or would they give us some status?

The chart further back says silver, it's worth a shot, although they appear to have reduced the offerings I would still try.

3 hours ago, uttu said:

Assume it is not worth trying if we are GOLD on Carnival or would they give us some status?

It's still worth it, if you're seriously thinking about booking with MSC in the near future. At worst they will match you to Classic card status (the lowest meaningful level), which gives you access to the Voyagers Club discounts off your cruise fare.

If you are only a few points away from Platinum with Carnival VIFP,  then I would recommend going for that before applying for MSC Status Match. But don't wait too long, because they could discontinue the Status Match program at any time. 

6 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I applied for match status in the summer and got black,however got an email today with just gold status. I wonder if they are actually changing every body? 

Wow!   That would be disappointing. 

13 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I applied for match status in the summer and got black,however got an email today with just gold status. I wonder if they are actually changing every body? 

If you go on the website and log in with your Voyagers club number you should be able to see your level 

It seems odd that MSC wouldn't match loyalty programs apples to apples. Why would I leave a cruise line that I like and have better benefits with for a line I don't know and has very mixed reviews?  I might have been able to convince my cruise partner to try msc if it had similar perks since she loves celebrity and is elite+. But now why take the risk? 

45 minutes ago, icemountain561 said:

It seems odd that MSC wouldn't match loyalty programs apples to apples. Why would I leave a cruise line that I like and have better benefits with for a line I don't know and has very mixed reviews?  I might have been able to convince my cruise partner to try msc if it had similar perks since she loves celebrity and is elite+. But now why take the risk? 

Cheaper price, better food, better entertainment, nice ships if you go with the new ones.

5 hours ago, jody75 said:

Are you saying that MSC have better food than Celebrity ? That contradicts most people's opinions.

That depends on who you listen to I guess! 6 out of 8 first timers we have spoken to up to now on Divina 5 of who are from the USA say they will book again with MSC, one an avid Carnival cruiser says he will book MSC again.

The 2 who are not so keen and did a day tour with us have had some to us minor issues but to them is a problem and has been off putting to them.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, LauraR411 said:

They will only honor a match request if it is before the first cruise.

Not in my case.

For our first cruise on MSC I only matched my husband's status, which was Select on Celebrity.  Didn't know if we would cruise MSC again, and only did it to get the 5%.

However, after our first cruise we wanted to go again.  By this time we were both Elite on Celebrity so I status matched myself (I had already been on MSC). I came back as Black.

5 hours ago, jody75 said:

Are you saying that MSC have better food than Celebrity ? That contradicts most people's opinions.

In our humble opinion we think the food in the Yacht Club dining room is slightly better than the MDR and Blu dining room on Celebrity. We haven't done a suite on Celebrity because of the over the top high pricing. We also feel the service there is better, more efficient but not as personable as Celebrity.

We are Elite+ on Celebrity and had no problem walking away.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

We are Elite+ on Celebrity and had no problem walking away.

Took us a long time to reach Elite and Diamond because we kept trying different cruise lines.  Always thought we were missing something.

If we stayed with the same line, we'd probably have stopped cruising entirely due to boredom.  Same ships, same food, same entertainment....Shake it up a little.  You can always come back.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mafig said:

Took us a long time to reach Elite and Diamond because we kept trying different cruise lines.  Always thought we were missing something.

If we stayed with the same line, we'd probably have stopped cruising entirely due to boredom.  Same ships, same food, same entertainment....Shake it up a little.  You can always come back.

100% agree!  

Very excited to sail with MSC.  Looking forward to a completely different experience.  

No doubt we'll sail again with RC and Celebrity, but it's fun to mix it up a bit.

Well this stinks. I just recieved my rejection email from MSC stating they cannot match my Radisson Rewards, only Club Carlson. Club Carlson's rewards program no longer exist. It was renamed Radisson Rewards over 6 months ago.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding our Status Match program. However, we cannot use the documentation provided from Radisson. Although they are affiliated with Club Carlson, we currently do not match to Radisson. If you have a membership with Club Carlson or another company that is recognized in our program, please resubmit using documentation for that.

Thank you,
MSC Voyager's Club"

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, sidari said:

If you go on the website and log in with your Voyagers club number you should be able to see your level 

HI

I did that today and HAVE BEEN DOWNGRADED to gold.....very disappointed and I have emailed them asking to explain. I was going to book in the next couple of days but I will  wait  now.😡

I was having issues with my status discounts "falling off" my reservation and it was about two days before the final payment was due. I called and after nothing could be done, I asked for the supervisor. I was told they were too busy but countered with "Well, I'm ready to make the final payment right now and will just have to cancel if this isn't resolved right now."  The supervisor quickly found the time to take my call and also fixed the problem.  What we have to do to work around MSC's website!

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 10:10 PM, kevinrobedm said:

From their website (which matches what we were told):

MSC Voyagers Club membership is valid for three years and subject to a minimum of one cruise every three years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership will expire.

As long as your black card status was given within 3 years of October 2019 you will keep the black status.  You just have to take at least one cruise every 3 years to maintain your status.

Just to clarify - My friend's last cruise was April 2016... so she has to be on board by April 2019 or does she have to rebook by April 2019?

I suspect it is the former.......

• 2 months later...