Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, dalee21860 said:

I'm confused now the new webcam image sure looks like the Sept 1 image that Lloyd55 posted in post 630

The latest webcam image is the one that I posted sans Sky Pad. If you're seeing Sept 1 image, you may be having the issue that I was having, where I was seeing new date, but I wasn't seeing updated webcam image on my phone when I clicked on  webcam app icon. I now go to Google and search Meyer Werft webcam to ensure that it's the right one that I'm seeing. 😁

2 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

The latest webcam image is the one that I posted sans Sky Pad. If you're seeing Sept 1 image, you may be having the issue that I was having, where I was seeing new date, but I wasn't seeing updated webcam image on my phone when I clicked on my webcam app icon. I now go to Google and search Meyer Werft webcam to ensure that it's the right one that I'm seeing. 😁

From Meyer Werft:

Oohh, how big is this O. That's what we thought when the name Odyssey of the Seas was finished on the hull of the ship.  The O alone measures 11.2 meters in height.  The entire name spans a full 87.4 meters along the ship.  What do you think of this new “detail” of the outer skin painting?

FB_IMG_1599819331816.thumb.jpg.acd3455f4c6d644775cc2ba9326f9d8e.jpg

FB_IMG_1599819327677.thumb.jpg.a6a28a625044e4a526a0281d6feac20f.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

What do you think of this new “detail” of the outer skin painting?

Not really a fan of it, but I t won’t effect me sailing in her though. 

When she is docked though won’t it be mainly under the pier not to mention the abuse by the elements?  Doesn’t seem to make sense to me to be there.🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

On September 11, 2020 at 6:17 AM, Lloyd555 said:

From Meyer Werft:

What do you think of this new “detail” of the outer skin painting?

FB_IMG_1599819331816.thumb.jpg.acd3455f4c6d644775cc2ba9326f9d8e.jpg

FB_IMG_1599819327677.thumb.jpg.a6a28a625044e4a526a0281d6feac20f.jpg

Compared to her sister Spectrum the placement looks very low. Though ass Biker notes, it's different which is not bad.

Courtesy - Andres Depping 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, timf2001 said:

It wouldn't be the first time Meyer Werft made a mistake painting the name of the ship.  Norwegian Encore had the "Wonky C" where they used an O cut in half rather than a full letter C.  That was corrected before delivery, as I expect this will.

The wonky C, that was a good one. :classic_biggrin:

But, at 11+ meters high and stretching over 87 meters (!) that is as far as the second or third lifeboat or even further. :classic_ninja:

18 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I really like the big lettering.  I hope they do that to all the fleet as each one goes into dry dock.  It's a great look.

17 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Skier I couldn’t agree more.  It’s a nice change.  

I think it's going to be hard to maintain rubbing against docks/piers

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I think it's going to be hard to maintain rubbing against docks/piers

I'm not so sure.  Here's a picture of Anthem from a similar viewpoint (but on the starboard side), it looks like most of that name is not going to be in contact with the pier/quay/dock.  At least on the Port side as pictured from Meyer Werft...

IMG_20180404_110631.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

I'm not so sure.  Here's a picture of Anthem from a similar viewpoint (but on the starboard side), it looks like most of that name is not going to be in contact with the pier/quay/dock.  At least on the Port side as pictured from Meyer Werft...

IMG_20180404_110631.jpg

Correct, but that looks nothing like the placement on the Odyssey 😉

Screenshot_20200913-094429_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c296ba68ac9cbaaaa4609f427f02722b.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct, but that looks nothing like the placement on the Odyssey 😉

Screenshot_20200913-094429_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c296ba68ac9cbaaaa4609f427f02722b.jpg

I get that, but you can see where the dock "lands" in my picture and compare it to the Odyssey picture.  Not until you get back to the 'E' do you get to a part of the ship where the dock/bumpers might rub.  Of course, we don't know what that means for the name on the other side of the ship...

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

I get that, but you can see where the dock "lands" in my picture and compare it to the Odyssey picture.  Not until you get back to the 'E' do you get to a part of the ship where the dock/bumpers might rub.  Of course, we don't know what that means for the name on the other side of the ship...

See the thruster marker, x in a circle, look for it in the Anthem picture. Plus the Odyssey will ride a little lower once full.

As far as Port side, the big O will definitely be on the flat part of the lower hull

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1