Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

Thank You for all the info you guys have on this thread.   So sad to see her delayed. 

I am looking at 2022 since I want something to dream and think about besides the crappy 2020. I love her 8 day southern itinerary do you think she will sail that thru summer 2022? I know it all just a guess but so many of you normally get it right. 

We have sailed Quantum and Anthem and just love this class of ship partially because of the Solarium pools. Oasis class just has hot tubs in the Solarium right? Please correct me if I am wrong. It has been a long time since I have been on a Oasis class my kids were little and so didn't get to enjoy the adult only pool area. Deck plans made them look like hot tubs

9 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Thank You for all the info you guys have on this thread.   So sad to see her delayed. 

I am looking at 2022 since I want something to dream and think about besides the crappy 2020. I love her 8 day southern itinerary do you think she will sail that thru summer 2022? I know it all just a guess but so many of you normally get it right. 

We have sailed Quantum and Anthem and just love this class of ship partially because of the Solarium pools. Oasis class just has hot tubs in the Solarium right? Please correct me if I am wrong. It has been a long time since I have been on a Oasis class my kids were little and so didn't get to enjoy the adult only pool area. Deck plans made them look like hot tubs

Hi Jenjer! Oasis class ships do have great, large, multi-level solariums and they actually all have pools in the Solarium along with whirlpools, with the exception of Harmony. So on Oasis, Allure and Symphony, you will find one. Mind you it's not a sprawling pool, they are typically rounder in shape. If you google the ships you can see the pics of each solarium pool.

Cheers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Odyssey will most likely be in Europe in Summer 2022.  The only Caribbean itineraries until fall will be the ones already for sale.

Thank You for the info I will look into the Oasis Allure and Symphony. A small pool works great for me.   We are looking at Carnival new Mardi Gras but worried to many people to small of a space.

The Allure (sailed her 9 or 10 years ago she was new) was so not congested with people all the time.    I remember thinking "where did all the people go?"

7 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Thank You for the info I will look into the Oasis Allure and Symphony. A small pool works great for me.   We are looking at Carnival new Mardi Gras but worried to many people to small of a space.

The Allure (sailed her 9 or 10 years ago she was new) was so not congested with people all the time.    I remember thinking "where did all the people go?"

Carnival just announced Mardi Gras getting pushed back until February 21

7 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Definitely look into Oasis or Symphony- we sailed on both and most recently sailed on Symphony in January as well as last year... she's an incredible ship and the food options was outstanding 

Oasis was recently amped (with the exception of their staterooms). You can't go wrong on either 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Carnival just announced Mardi Gras getting pushed back until February 21

Between Covid that caused work to slow down she had a fire that caused damage to deck 2 but no injuries.   

I am dreaming out to 2022 something fun to focus on and look forward to. So I can plan it to death over the next year. I would love to cruise in 2021 but with asthma it is better to wait instead of hoping to go and having to cancel. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, Jenjer said:

You will need to aim for winter itinararies for the Caribbean, likely that Odyssey will sail for the next years in Summer out of Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

DUH of course. what an odd reply.  

Actually having a sense of humor is a big help in dealing with all the disappointments flowing from the virus's effects on cruising.

Remember the old joke, retold for 180 years, about very tall Abe Lincoln being asked how long a man's legs should be? 

"Long enough to reach the ground."

@Biker19 is obviously cut from the same cloth!

On 7/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, dalee21860 said:

July 13 2020

Meyer Werft webcam

2020_03_19_Halle_6_W466

That is a beautiful looking ship.  Cannot wait for our first sailing on that class of ship in 2022.  Thanks for sharing the photo.  Something encouraging about cruising in these depressing times.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:27 PM, Lloyd555 said:

I see that the Sky Pad is still outside. 😜

20200720_181510.thumb.jpg.3bdd89d5a67697699beb23a7983d9956.jpg

Your eyes must be a hell of a lot better than mine.  did you use a microscope to find the Sky Pad?  Is it that yellowish thing just to the upper left of where the dark water intersects with the light brown water?

7 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Your eyes must be a hell of a lot better than mine.  did you use a microscope to find the Sky Pad?  Is it that yellowish thing just to the upper left of where the dark water intersects with the light brown water?

FB_IMG_1595536201345.jpg.9b94407383ab52cc0d82b9b66c29c4b0.jpg