Caribbean Princess to get a water park

antsp

35 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Nice. That area had a small splash pool but it was a weird place for it and we never saw anybody using it.

Haha, that's why my family loves that area-usually get the place to ourselves...like our own private pool!

I am so happy to see this article! Thanks for sharing!

It's a bit misleading that in one photo they dont show the walkway to skywalkers (to see some of the improvements) but in the next one it still exists.  I suppose they have to remove it in the photo to see things clearly but what a difference it makes to the feel of the top deck.

The following quote from the article gives me concern:

When Caribbean Princess emerges from drydock in June 2019

Currently, many of us understood the drydock starts April 13 and there is a 4-day cruise scheduled for May 14 and a 7-day one scheduled for May 18 and also for May 25.

Has that changed?????

1 hour ago, cruiserdru said:

The following quote from the article gives me concern:

When Caribbean Princess emerges from drydock in June 2019

Currently, many of us understood the drydock starts April 13 and there is a 4-day cruise scheduled for May 14 and a 7-day one scheduled for May 18 and also for May 25.

Has that changed?????

Not sure about the schedule after the DD however,

Due to the fact that this is a major DD and one of the things to be completed is a hole has to be cut in the ships hull to replace large electrical/propulsion machinery. 

There could be additional problems.

FWIW and IMO.......I would not want to have a cruise booked after this particular DD. 

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not sure about the schedule after the DD however,

Due to the fact that this is a major DD and a hole has to be cut in the ships hull to replace large electrical/propulsion machinery.

There could be additional problems.

FWIW and IMO.......I would not want to have a cruise booked after this particular DD. 

yep - but we're booked on the 4 day immediately after the DD - wouldn't surprise me at all to get an

email from Princess...

wonder what they would offer if the entire cruise is canceled ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yep - but we're booked on the 4 day immediately after the DD - wouldn't surprise me at all to get an

email from Princess...

wonder what they would offer if the entire cruise is canceled ??

I hope they don't cancel your cruise. Unless it is a huge windfall.  

• Thanks 1

Hi all were booked on the May 25 cruise from Southampton does anyone know when the dry dock will start and end. The article just says the splash zone will debut in June it sounds like it will be a welcomed addition. I guess we just booked too early

More details from their News Release:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2386383

Splashpad with Whale Feature – this interactive and inviting water playground features a splash pool, assorted water sprays and showers where families can enjoy a day of splashing, laughing and playing. The focal point is an interactive whale feature, with ‘rain" from its fluke.

Game Zone – bringing family competition to a whole new level with oversized backyard games, comfy lounge sectionals, and a kid-friendly bar setting, families can grab some cocktails and mocktails while challenging the kids to a game of Connect Four, Jenga or Cornhole. 

New Outdoor Furniture – with a variety of seating and lounging options, from single sun loungers to sectional chairs and couches with tables, he Reef transforms into an inviting space for groups of all sizes aimed to be comfortable and conversational, also featuring new fixtures and finishes. 

Shade Canopy and Wind Panels – for guests looking for less sun, a canopy will offer a section of the Reef shade and sun protection while wind panels will be installed throughout the area for all-day comfort. 

Upgraded Lighting and Music System – updated lighting to the pool and steps as well as wall lighting installations allow the space to be utilized for evening events and activities. 

Refurbished Pool, Jacuzzi and Bar – the existing pool, spa and bar will be updated to match the newly designed space featuring updated signage and contemporary artwork. In addition, just below the Reef on deck 16 in the Camp Discovery outdoor area, kids can interact and explore with a destination themed water table. This educational offering features the many destinations and iconic landmarks Princess visits, including the Sydney Opera House and Golden Gate Bridge and also highlights how a cruise ship moves through water, waves and weather and even how to navigate the Panama Canal locks. 

My question is about the water filtration system - will it be the standard system so no kids not potty trained? Or the "special" one like on Disney where the water is filtered in such a way as to permit the little ones to enjoy?

I would hope it will be built to include the little ones. 

Edited by cruisintoddler

8 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

My question is about the water filtration system - will it be the standard system so no kids not potty trained? Or the "special" one like on Disney where the water is filtered in such a way as to permit the little ones to enjoy?

I would hope it will be built to include the little ones. 

I hope it's not built specially for people who aren't toilet trained .i'm sure many other children and adults alike would prefer to not have to stand in bodily fluids while having fun in the water park.

1 hour ago, DRS/NC said:

Young families tend to take 7-day cruises once (or twice) a year.  Many "old folks" take 14-day or much longer cruises several times a year.  Compare the $$$. 

Of course, Princess is trying to turn those young families into long-term customers.

Noone is going to book the CB because of this 'water park'

it's like comparing a little squirt gun to a mega super soaker on other cruise lines ...

I think it's a nice little addition and maybe keep the kids in one place ...

• Like 1