Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

4 hours ago, robandana said:

I think this has been Royals best marketing scheme ever....people are always racing to get to the next level...before they change something and you don't get in or get booted out. I know people that sailed solo leaving husband or wife at home just to reach the next level....paying thousands of dollars more....

Its funny how every so often there will be a rumor that the levels are changing and the race begins....

The lounges are awesome, its a great place to meet and mingle with like minded cruisers and it nice to be able to have a couple of drinks on the house. Take away the lounges and I think many will reconsider who they sail with. I think Royal know exactly what they created....

My thoughts too. And I wonder how many people predicting DL turning into D+ Lounges are already D+. Most I would guess. Who really knows, there are loads of ways RC can tinker with their loyalty programme. We've only been diamond for a couple of cruises but really enjoyed meeting new people and having a couple of drinks. Hardly used the free drinks on the card at all, so would be a pity if the DL was done away with.  Though it wouldn't stop us sailing with RC,  we may look at other cruise lines with more interest.

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I went in about 9-930 on Harmony. Only twice was there one person that was making coffee, that I waited for.  Maybe sleeping in is the trick to avoid the lines. :classic_biggrin:

Or getting up early. I've never had line issues on any ship.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Or getting up early. I've never had line issues on any ship.

Same here and at any time.  On our recent Symphony sail I missed the DL for my caffe latte, as it was too far from our 12th deck CP balcony.  Loved it on Oasis & Allure as I could walk from our 12th deck CP balcony to the DL on the 11th deck

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t see it giving an effect on alcohol consumption at all.  There are only so many seats in the lounge, who fills them doesn’t matter.  In most cases the lounge is still going to be full and require the same number of servers, serving the same amount of booze whether it’s to D, D+ or P.

Agreed!

On 2/21/2019 at 7:10 PM, nelblu said:

Same here and at any time.  On our recent Symphony sail I missed the DL for my caffe latte, as it was too far from our 12th deck CP balcony.  Loved it on Oasis & Allure as I could walk from our 12th deck CP balcony to the DL on the 11th deck

I have not enjoyed the DL on Harmony nor Symphony, nearly as much as when we did our 2nd sailing on Allure, by which time they had moved the DL to the 11th deck and our cabin was on deck 11.  Our first cruise on Allure found the DL overlooking the Promenade, which actually was very nice to sit out of the enclosed room and people watch over the Promenade -- however in its refurb they moved the DL to 11 and turned that space into a few more cabins.

3 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I have not enjoyed the DL on Harmony nor Symphony, nearly as much as when we did our 2nd sailing on Allure, by which time they had moved the DL to the 11th deck and our cabin was on deck 11.  Our first cruise on Allure found the DL overlooking the Promenade, which actually was very nice to sit out of the enclosed room and people watch over the Promenade -- however in its refurb they moved the DL to 11 and turned that space into a few more cabins.

Yup...one of the reasons I am not sure I will like Harmony coming here to replace Oasis.  Their DL is in the bilge (deck four).  😞  Small lounge, no windows.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup...one of the reasons I am not sure I will like Harmony coming here to replace Oasis.  Their DL is in the bilge (deck four).  😞  Small lounge, no windows.  

The size isn't so bad, but I do like to look out through windows....On Symphony they had the 'virtual balcony'  type window showing the outside, but not the same....as really looking 'out'.

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

What a bummer. Almost sounds like an after thought. Just stick 'em anywhere. :classic_rolleyes: On the other hand,🖐️ better than nothing. :classic_smile:

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What a bummer. Almost sounds like an after thought. Just stick 'em anywhere. :classic_rolleyes: On the other hand,🖐️ better than nothing. :classic_smile:

I am still going to be looking for the Royal DS lounge. 🍷🍺 😉 

At least coffee machine is in there when you need it in the morning.  The DL on Oasis is nuts with crowds at night and lines at the coffee machine!  😮  

On 2/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

How would you know the comings and goings of those in the lounge unless you spent the entire time there.   Also, how do you know the passengers were not suite guests?  

Thx 

We did not stay all evening, would arrive approximately 5:30 to 6 and leave for our dinner at 7. We stayed enough time to socialize and have two drinks. I know several in the group were not suite guests as they told us they never booked suites and earned pinnacle the hard way. Same ones who told us that the group would eat in Windjammer and come back for the rest of the evening. Some of the others in the group may have been suite, I don’t know as they did not chat with us. My apologies, sorry I wasn’t clear on my point that my issue is with Royal not having a large enough area to properly cater to those who paid to be in there and those who have earned it. The cruise line needs to figure out how to take care of everyone. 

On 2/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, princesstori said:

We experienced this first hand last week on Rhapsody. As Suite guest, us and our friends who were also booked in a suite had a couple of evenings where we were not able to get into the Suite lounge at all before dinner or left to sit on this uncomfortable wall seat in the Viking Crown outside of the Suite Lounge. Fortunately we are all at least diamond and had the option of going to the larger diamond lounge or going to another bar and using our 3 drinks. As paying a higher premium for the Suite and it’s perks we were unhappy to not have full access to the lounge. There were several Pinnacle members who gathered in there each night filling half of the lounge for the full happy hour. Leaving shortly to grab a quick bite in the windjammer then returning to the lounge. 

Royal does need to figure out a way to keep both those paying for suite perks and those who have earned perks happy without affecting each group.  I’m not for sure of the answer for this, though you had some good ideas. I hope they figure it out soon. 

I never thought it is good practice to mix loyalty with suite...they are usually quite different clientele. They started to cure this with the creation of SL for suite guests but allowed Pinnacle access also. Seems like this may be catching up to them once again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I never thought it is good practice to mix loyalty with suite...they are usually quite different clientele. They started to cure this with the creation of SL for suite guests but allowed Pinnacle access also. Seems like this may be catching up to them once again.

If Pinnacles are to continue having SL access Suite guests should then get the 3 free drinks for other bars especially as many Suite guests have said they cannot get seats in the SL because of Pinnacles taking up the seats.

An enhanced Loyalty lounge for P and D+ only so Suite guests can have a true SL seems logical.

D members will have 3 free drinks in other bars.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t suite, aka Star class passengers have beer and wine access all day, or at least during the daytime unlike the DL?

jc

Yes, on Oasis class.  I don't believe that applies to Quantum class.

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, on Oasis class.  I don't believe that applies to Quantum class.

Bob, do you ever sleep?😉

On the Quantum class they still have the awesome Concierge lounges, isn’t it just Oasis class that has the Suite lounges?  

I live 1000+ miles from a cruiseport and I still work for a living (well ok, not sure I would call what I do “work” but I do show up everyday):classic_laugh: so I am not 100% percent up to speed on what benefits exist for suite passengers on every ship in the fleet.  

Again, I still say BS, to all of these people who whine about the loss of benefits.... the post I replied to is a perfect example... it is like the C&A perks are better than the best perks given to anyone, aka Star class. 

People, quit whinging about everything, life is pretty good when you reach diamond, even better when you reach diamond plus, even better when you reach pinnacle, and if you can afford star class life is really good.

QED

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t suite, aka Star class passengers have beer and wine access all day, or at least during the daytime unlike the DL?

jc

Star class passengers get the deluxe drink package.  Star and sky guests,on oasis class ,also get access to the SL that serves beer, wine, soda and bottled water from 11am-11pm on allure and 1130am to 1100pm on oasis.

3 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Whining. But absolutely.

whinge

Dictionary result for whinge

/(h)winj/
INFORMALBRITISH
verb
gerund or present participle: whinging
  1. complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way.
    "stop whingeing and get on with it!"
    synonyms: complain, grouse, grouch, grumble, whine, moan, carp, mutter, murmur, whisper; More

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, princesstori said:
On 2/18/2019 at 12:02 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx 

We did not stay all evening, would arrive approximately 5:30 to 6 and leave for our dinner at 7. We stayed enough time to socialize and have two drinks. I know several in the group were not suite guests as they told us they never booked suites and earned pinnacle the hard way. Same ones who told us that the group would eat in Windjammer and come back for the rest of the evening. Some of the others in the group may have been suite, I don’t know as they did not chat with us. My apologies, sorry I wasn’t clear on my point that my issue is with Royal not having a large enough area to properly cater to those who paid to be in there and those who have earned it. The cruise line needs to figure out how to take care of everyone. 

I love the idea that there is a 'hard way' to earn Pinnacle. Sailing on cruises is such a hardship! 😉 Just teasing, I get what they mean -- 700 nights at sea is a lot more than 350.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Bob, do you ever sleep?😉

On the Quantum class they still have the awesome Concierge lounges, isn’t it just Oasis class that has the Suite lounges? ...

Suite lounges seem to showing up on all Voyager and Freedom class ships.  However, the 11am to 11pm "free" beverage perk so far has been limited to Oasis class suite lounges.