Perfect Day at Coco Cay

rt1092

On 4/21/2019 at 11:10 AM, Iamcruzin said:

The Port  should be renamed an Expensive Day at Coco Cay.

Some would have thought some things are "New York prices"...which of course are among the highest anywhere. 😱

Then again...I'd challenge you to find a cabana water park (including admission) location anyplace that also includes unlimited bottled water, food, and towels for $66 per day...which is what we're paying. Seems to be quite the bargain in contrast. At Disney...it would cost more than double - Typhoon Lagoon alone costs more than that.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The prices fluctuate like the deluxe drink package.  Maybe they will run a sale if people refuse to prebook.

We booked more than 200 days in advance...and get a "sale price" easily. Checking every couple of days renders a lower rate with promos done frequently on the Cruise Planner pages.

47 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Some would have thought some things are "New York prices"...which of course are among the highest anywhere. 😱

Then again...I'd challenge you to find a cabana water park (including admission) location anyplace that also includes unlimited bottled water, food, and towels for $66 per day...which is what we're paying. Seems to be quite the bargain in contrast. At Disney...it would cost more than double - Typhoon Lagoon alone costs more than that.

It’s still overpriced  considering that you already paid the cruise fare which has all of those amenities on board except the beach which seems to be obsolete.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It’s still overpriced  considering that you already paid the cruise fare which has all of those amenities on board except the beach which seems to be obsolete.

With our per-person cruise fare, Waterpark full day cabana on Coco Cay, and refreshment package onboard...we're $173 PER PERSON PER DAY ALL IN as far as total cruise cost. That's in a Junior Suite by the way.

In New York, that buys you a so-so 3 star hotel (per night) and one $26-$30 soup & sandwich lunch (per person) in New York (or Boston or San Francisco or Seattle or L.A.) ...seems like a major bargain when comparing apples to the big apple.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

With our per-person cruise fare, Waterpark full day cabana on Coco Cay, and refreshment package onboard...we're $173 PER PERSON PER DAY ALL IN as far as total cruise cost. That's in a Junior Suite by the way.

In New York, that buys you a so-so 3 star hotel (per night) and one $26-$30 soup & sandwich lunch (per person) in New York (or Boston or San Francisco or Seattle or L.A.) ...seems like a major bargain when comparing apples to the big apple.

Comparing NYC pricing to a cruise is not even remotely an apples to apples comparison.  The more reasonable comparison is London or Tokyo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

With our per-person cruise fare, Waterpark full day cabana on Coco Cay, and refreshment package onboard...we're $178 PER PERSON PER DAY ALL IN as far as total cruise cost.

Yes comparing it to the most expensive cities in the US it is a bargain. However I wouldn’t be going to a water park in any of those places. Also I wouldn’t go to a water park on an island in the Caribbean when I could enjoy the beautiful beach and water. We were at Coco Cay many years age when it was still just a beach. My kids were 5 and 8 and there were plenty of activities that they enjoyed. After experiencing the Caribbean beaches it was very difficult for them to accept the Long Island beaches. We have also taken them to water parks at home where It didn’t require an over night stay. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, Bronx12 said:

We have 3 cruises booked that are going to Perfect Day at Cococay. Here is current pricing on a couple of items, but I don't understand why there is such a difference in prices between the 3/4 night cruises and the 7 night cruise, it's the same island with the same excursions.

4 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

• Full Day Waterpark & Zipline $99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Half Day $29.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Full Day $34.99 US per person
  • Perfect Day Cococay Zipline $60 US per person
  • Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride $29.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $399 US

3 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

7 night on Symphony of The Seas March 2020

• Full Day Waterpark & Zipline $129 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Half Day $59.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Full Day $79 US per person
  • Perfect Day Cococay Zipline $109 US per person
  • Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride $74 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $699 US

Those are big differences.  Is it possible that is it is not because of the 3/4 night vs 7 night but perhaps because of  the  high volume and demand  when a larger  ship stops in Coco Cay.     

Now - contrary to what  I just wrote -    Just another disparity, we are stopping in Coco Cay, on a 7 night Harmony  in May and again for a B2B in Harmony  October.   Same ship, same 7 nights almost the same itinerary. 

We were interested in the Up Up and Away ride.  It was $59.99 pp ( on sale) for our May trip and  $24.99 pp ( on sale)  for one of our  October trips.   We decided to wait untill October to try it.

The cruise line has always charged for Cabanas,  the zip line ( and roller coaster) on Labadee  and I can see charging for the  Up Up and Away ride, but it is sad for families ( especially with a few children)  that they charge for the  waterparks.     I guess it is like the drink package theory........ raise the price of individual  drinks, and folks by the package.  Add the water park to the Cabana, and is not such a bad deal ( for six people) .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes comparing it to the most expensive cities in the US it is a bargain. However I wouldn’t be going to a water park in any of those places. Also I wouldn’t go to a water park on an island in the Caribbean when I could enjoy the beautiful beach and water.

As we all know...the Water Park is only one of many locations/activities on Coco Cay. Having a cabana in the Thrill Water Park area simply as a "base camp" to enjoy the amenities there, while also having the opportunity to go other locations on the island (including beaches), is a great option. 

Sand is sand and water is water...so it comes down to the scenery and related activities. Our group has access to the beach nearly anytime...so other choices are attractive. We can understand that Long Island and the Caribbean both have quite different beaches.

As for comparing to other cities...the whole point was that $178 per day per person (for a maintained room, food, entertainment, waterpark access with cabana, optional beverage service, and other various ship amenities) trumps nearly any other vacation/travel alternatives anywhere in the world. Cruising is still one of the best vacation bag-for-the-buck options anywhere today, especially since others do all the work and our job is to show up and enjoy it all.

13 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Ugh.. I would have thought there would be weekly pics showing up from Coco. I really wish @twangster would make a trip over there... for pics. 😉  Navigator ones were amazing. 

No Perfect Days in my future until September.  Only imperfect days until then.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I completed my 12 day cruise on grandeur, and i went ftom platimum to emerald. My points are on my crown and anchor. So i went to check on my price of my thrill cabana. And the price did not change. So much for that theory of price being reflected of crown and anchor rank. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 11:10 AM, Iamcruzin said:

The Port  should be renamed an Expensive Day at Coco Cay.

You can enjoy Coco Cay without spending an extra dime. We have been several times and did not but anything extra and still had a lovely day. Now with the addition of the beautiful pool, extra food  locations and the splash area for kids it's even better. I really don't know why there is such outrage over the prices for the extras.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I completed my 12 day cruise on grandeur, and i went ftom platimum to emerald. My points are on my crown and anchor. So i went to check on my price of my thrill cabana. And the price did not change. So much for that theory of price being reflected of crown and anchor rank. 

You need to check your price versus someone who is diamond plus or pinnacle on the same cruise to be sure c&a status doesn’t come into play.

8 minutes ago, later said:

You need to check your price versus someone who is diamond plus or pinnacle on the same cruise to be sure c&a status doesn’t come into play.

No i booked as an emerald, price did not go down as i climbed the ranks. I actually booked it at $381. After i recieved my points the price was still at $449 high end. 

1 minute ago, suesnake2002 said:

No i booked as an emerald, price did not go down as i climbed the ranks. I actually booked it at $381. After i recieved my points the price was still at $449 high end. 

I understand that but if the price change exists it may not start until the higher levels. 

50 minutes ago, eynsteinp said:

My June 9 cruise has the thrill park cabana with tickets at $829.  I'm booked in a suite so room selection clearly doesn't lower the price!

For that price I sure hope they allow you to cut the line!

UPDATE:

So, a couple of days ago I sent this same post to Michael Bayley, today, I received a phone call from an executive from his office that wanted to explain the reasons for the different pricing.

His explanation was that it was supply and demand that drove the pricing. There are less people on Mariner, so lower pricing, more people on Symphony, so higher pricing. The pricing is set by the Revenue Department, and he was going to forward my email to them. I asked for the email address but was told it was for internal use only.

I told him that the prices should be the same straight across the board, and I used Labadee as a comparison.

I told him that I believe that this is price gouging!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have 3 cruises booked that are going to Perfect Day at Cococay. Here is current pricing on a couple of items, but I don't understand why there is such a difference in prices between the 3/4 night cruises and the 7 night cruise, it's the same island with the same excursions.

7 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

You can enjoy Coco Cay without spending an extra dime. We have been several times and did not but anything extra and still had a lovely day. Now with the addition of the beautiful pool, extra food  locations and the splash area for kids it's even better. I really don't know why there is such outrage over the prices for the extras.

I don't have a dog in this race because my kids are old enough to pay for their own cruise. We enjoyed Coco Cay when it was just Gilligan's Island and not Coney Island. I think that there is a mind set that if you are going to a cruise line private Island that you shouldn't have to pay an exorbitant price to use the facilities. I would just enjoy what was included like I have done in the past and if I had young children I wouldn't be spending the day or extra money on some man made island amusement park. There are plenty of those places right at home. My hope is that the masses dish out the extra money and spend the day there leaving the the original included section less congested.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I always thought that was a bogus hypothesis to begin with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

UPDATE:

So, a couple of days ago I sent this same post to Michael Bayley, today, I received a phone call from an executive from his office that wanted to explain the reasons for the different pricing.

His explanation was that it was supply and demand that drove the pricing. There are less people on Mariner, so lower pricing, more people on Symphony, so higher pricing. The pricing is set by the Revenue Department, and he was going to forward my email to them. I asked for the email address but was told it was for internal use only.

I told him that the prices should be the same straight across the board, and I used Labadee as a comparison.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good for you. The same reasoning probably explains the different pricing for the drink, and dining packages and the recent price increase for the Key.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

UPDATE:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing new here.  This has been going on for years on Oasis class ships with higher charges for specialty dining, drinks etc..

We were just at Coco Cay on Easter Sunday and it is looking really good.  I was shocked that we actually docked- was there December 2018 and the dock looked no where close to being finished.  The water park looks awesome but I am disappointed to read about the outrageous prices.  The pool is really nice and quite large, with a swim up bar, zero-entry area with little fountains, and loungers that are in the water.  

• Like 1