Robes?

4 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Are they automatically in your room or do you have to request one (to use not buy), if so can you forward that somewhere online in advance?

I believe the way they do it now is robes are only automatically provided in Suites (and possibly for Platinum and Diamond guests, but I'm not sure about this part).  You can request robes from your Room Steward if you do not have them.  I don't think you can make the request before boarding.

Well, in 2017 they were all ready in our cabin hanging in the closet, not in a suite and not platinum, just a gold and a red in an oceanview. in 2018, they weren't in the cabin at all, but our cabin steward asked if we wanted them when he introduced himself. So I guess it probably really just depends on your cabin steward if they want to put them in the cabin or just wait until you request them. 

22 minutes ago, darth frosty said:

Not in room for platinum, we had to request robes.

OK, thanks for that.  I thought I had read awhile back a Platinum say that they automatically got robes even though it isn't listed as an official VIFP program benefit.

I always request our Room Steward remove the robes.  We don't use them and they take up a lot of closet space (which, incurable overpacker that I am, I do use).

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I always request our Room Steward remove the robes.  We don't use them and they take up a lot of closet space (which, incurable overpacker that I am, I do use).

Same here, when they were already in the cabin that time, we took them out and hung them on the back of the bathroom door so we could hang up all our shirts and such in the closet. On the way to dinner, we just mentioned to our steward when we saw him in the hallway that we didn't need the robes, and they were gone when we got back to the cabin that night. I like it better when they are a by request item. 

And we are overpackers too, but then again, we'd rather overpack than underpack!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Llamabear said:

I've honestly never used the robes, but we'll have the spa robes this time so I'm kinda tempted just to see if they're more plush than the others.

We asked for them once. I didn't like them simply because they were SO big/bulky and long. I'm assuming they are one size fits all? Of course I'm short so that accounts for the length dragging the floor but I'm not all that tiny and I could wrap that rope around me 3 times. They didn't seem any more plush then the regular bathrobes you can buy in the store. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

OK, thanks for that.  I thought I had read awhile back a Platinum say that they automatically got robes even though it isn't listed as an official VIFP program benefit.

Same, we never use and they take up too much space...

I'm not sure why I like the robes so much, maybe because they were automatic the first time I cruised, and it was just part of the thrill of being pampered, which hooked me on cruising. This was in 2008. By the time I cruised again, three years later, you had to request one. Six cruises later, I request a robe every time and always have it by bedtime. My husband could not care less. I like to wear it (yes, it's way too big, but that's part of the charm!?) as I settle in for a little reading before sleepy time.

6 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

I think it's ridiculous not to be in the cabin. I requested one and it was hours before I got it.

Many people do not use them so it is a lot of wasted laundry. I would much rather have a fresh one. Do you strip down as soon as you board? A few hours doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Like 3

We will be on the Fascination this Sunday.  Whether the robe is there or not, I WILL be asking for one.  Yes, as someone said, it is large/bulky (probably fits just about anyone), but I like to have it.  To me it is a plus from Carnival, and it isn't fancy, but I don't care, as this way, I don't have to pack one for myself, and use that room to pack something else. 🙂

On 3/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, ShakyBeef said:

We do the same thing.  There were robes in our cabin on our Horizon cruise that ended today and on Sunshine last month.  Both cruises we asked the room steward to remove the robes, which they did.  We are not interested in wearing robes that have been worn by countless people previously. 

I don't think they were in our cabin last cruise.  Hubby never uses them, but I like to have one while getting ready on elegant night or if I am reading or watching tv & get chilly.  I don't mind requesting them - it just means they don't have to wash a robe that never got worn.  At least, I hope they would remove the robe & send to wash at the end of the cruise.  I guess I'll be sure to put mine in the towel pile so they'll be sure to wash for the next person.

I'm on the Dream right now. No robes in my Balcony cabin. 

For warm/hot cruise ports, I find the robes too hot for the room, I bring my own.

Finally onboard with my son, Marky Mark. 🤗😍

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

IMG_9702.JPG