Lowest calorie but yummy drinks?

erdoran

I know, the lowest calorie drink is vodka and diet soda.  But other than that - any suggestions for lower calorie UBP choices?   I probably won’t stick to them, but ideas are welcome and also ways to make “regular” drinks lower calorie.  Thanks!

The numbers are pointing to light beer or plain liquors with diet/calorie free additions. most liquors seem to average about 100 calories per 1.5 oz, most light beers are 105 cal and under per bottle.

keeping in the lower cal idea an ice cold corona light with a wedge or 2 of lime is quite refreshing.

Anyone try to order drinks and ask for diet sweetener to be substituted for sugar or simple syrup?  I've never heard about anyone doing that, but was thinking it might be an option as well.  Do you know if the bars have diet sweetener?  I can always bring my own and ask them to use them if necessary - wondering if they would be willing to do that.

4 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Anyone try to order drinks and ask for diet sweetener to be substituted for sugar or simple syrup?  I've never heard about anyone doing that, but was thinking it might be an option as well.  Do you know if the bars have diet sweetener?  I can always bring my own and ask them to use them if necessary - wondering if they would be willing to do that.

I could see that being a health safety issue using outside products, I would totally ask if they have it though.

My friend's go to is vodka water with citrus garnish squeezed in. Mine is pineapple and vodka. Though sometimes I'll switch up the fruit juices. Both solutions are decently low-cal without all that crap that's in diet drinks. Juice/water also keeps you better hydrated the sodas too. 

Diet Pepsi is nasty and a waste of good vodka. Better to get a vodka and club soda with lemon or lime. The mojito without simple syrup is also a good idea. A dirty martini is potent. And a glass of red wine could have as little as 4 grams of carbs. 

If you are picky about your sugar substitutes, bring your own. I only use stevia or monk fruit, and they don’t have those. 

vodka soda with a lime is my go to drink

I don’t use artificial sweeteners, and don’t really like sweet drinks, so for something more fun I just ask them to cut the simple syrup in half. French 75 I love this way