Customer Service first thing on board

Mistyness

I was reading on another board and someone commented that the first thing they do on board a Carnival ship was go to the customer service desk to purchase something. They wouldn't share what as the quantity is limited. Does anyone know what they would be purchasing? I've tried to search but didn't find a answer.

The only thing I can think of is on NCL they have a limited number of tickets to a private area of the ship called the Vibe.  I don't think they have the tickets at customer service though. I think they are available at another place on the ship.  I've heard that people actually run to get them because there are a very limited number. I don't know about anything on Carnival ships.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The only thing I can think of is on NCL they have a limited number of tickets to a private area of the ship called the Vibe.  I don't think they have the tickets at customer service though. I think they are available at another place on the ship.  I've heard that people actually run to get them because there are a very limited number. I don't know about anything on Carnival ships.

I've heard about other lines with limited space tickets but the only thing I can think of with Carnival is a spa pass and you can purchase it on the fun shop before embarking. I thought someone here might know.  

Maybe you’re thinking of the behind-the-scenes tour?  I forget what they call it, but there are a limited number of spots available, and you need to sign up as soon as you get on board.  My hubby did it last year on the Horizon with a friend of his, and they both loved it!

• Like 2

Just now, Wombservice said:

Maybe you’re thinking of the behind-the-scenes tour?  I forget what they call it, but there are a limited number of spots available, and you need to sign up as soon as you get on board.  My hubby did it last year on the Horizon with a friend of his, and they both loved it!

That could be it. Sounds interesting. I'll look into that see if we would be interested.

2 minutes ago, Mistyness said:

I plan on it. I am surprised that it is so busy! I want to start relaxing not go to customer service desk

It's super busy because lots of people are unhappy about one thing or another when they first board.  :classic_mellow:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

It's super busy because lots of people are unhappy about one thing or another when they first board.  :classic_mellow:

I would bet almost everything would work out without going to customer service first thing.

Edited by Mistyness
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mistyness said:

That is probably what they were talking about. I'm going to look into it. Have you done the tour?

I've done it on the Triumph. It was very interesting. You get to see the galley, the crew quarters and mess, areas of the ship off limits to passengers. You also get to go on the bridge and meet the captain. It's well worth the price. 

• Like 1

I don’t have personal experience with this, but from reading reviews of others, people head to guest services to choose a specific cabana for a port where this is offered . They already paid for the cabana, but aren’t allowed to choose till onboard. 

On my last cruise, I had to go to GS right away (after we secured Atrium bar drinks, #priorities), because our internet plans weren't working. Before anyone asks, it was a billing/GS thing and not a tech/InternetGuy thing. 🙂

I also always go to confirm our muster station is somewhere indoors. 

My father and I went to GS right away on a cruise in 2009, as per advice from CC, to secure our place on the list of balcony dividers to be opened.  My family of four had an Extended Balcony cabin next to my parent's cabin of the same type, and we wanted a large, shared balcony space.  I learned here that they only allow a limited number of balcony dividers to be opened on each sailing, and that one responsible passenger from each cabin was required to sign for it.  So my dad and I got in line at GS upon embarkation to make sure we got on the list.  I have no idea if this process is still done this way.

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

It seems pretty silly that they wouldn't just sell it on the excursion page. 

If you are referring to the "behind the Fun" tour, I suspect they do it the way they have it implemented now (sign up once on board) because they might throttle the number & length of tours based on crew availability.  When we went on the tour, there were two groups, and both tours were the longer 3.5 to 4 hr versions.  I would bet there are times when they can only do one tour, and maybe only do a shorter 2 hr version (which costs less).

Crew availability is a last minute "game time call", so no way to allow signing up like an excursion 12 months in advance.

It is also possible they want to look you over to see if you are going to be capable of taking the crew stairs, etc.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

17 hours ago, Mistyness said:

I've heard about other lines with limited space tickets but the only thing I can think of with Carnival is a spa pass and you can purchase it on the fun shop before embarking. I thought someone here might know.  

What's included in the spa pass?

On 4/7/2019 at 8:12 PM, Mistyness said:

That is probably what they were talking about. I'm going to look into it. Have you done the tour?

We usually go to the excursion desk as soon as we get on to sign up for the Behind The Fun tour. Maybe it's Customer Service now. The last one was 2 years ago.