Blu

Kennedysa

We booked Aqua class so our dining room is Blu.  Our daughter decided to join us on the cruise but Aqua cabins are no longer available.  I know those who have booked a suite dine in Luminae and can pay a fee for guest to dine with them but was wondering if guest were allowed in Blu for a fee.  I know we can dine with her and family in MDR and we can eat in Blu without them but would like to have them join us in Blu if tables are available.

2 hours ago, Kennedysa said:

We booked Aqua class so our dining room is Blu.  Our daughter decided to join us on the cruise but Aqua cabins are no longer available.  I know those who have booked a suite dine in Luminae and can pay a fee for guest to dine with them but was wondering if guest were allowed in Blu for a fee.  I know we can dine with her and family in MDR and we can eat in Blu without them but would like to have them join us in Blu if tables are available.

They will not be able to join you in Blu.  Your daughter would have to book a suite or Aqua Class.  Celebrity holds to this policy rather consistently.

• Like 1

@Luckiestmanonearth you can read about it here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/aqua-class-stateroom/aqua-class

Quick benefits (over a "normal" veranda/balcony) for me

1. Blu restaurant

2. Persian Garden

3. Captain's Club points (5 vs 3 / night, I think)

Note that on different class ships, AQ class rooms may be in "worse" locations. Much of this is subjective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killsport said:

@Luckiestmanonearth you can read about it here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/aqua-class-stateroom/aqua-class

1. Blu restaurant

2. Persian Garden

Note that on different class ships, AQ class rooms may be in "worse" locations. Much of this is subjective.

Thanks

3 hours ago, keesar said:

They will not be able to join you in Blu.  Your daughter would have to book a suite or Aqua Class.  Celebrity holds to this policy rather consistently.

Just to reaffirm, this is one of the very few rules that they consistently enforce.   Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a space in the MDR where your daughter will be assigned. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, killsport said:

1. Blu restaurant

2. Persian Garden

Killsport provided you with the correct info however one thing should be pointed out since Celebrity words the comment about Blu very poorly.  You don't have access to Blu as stated on the web site, it is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in the MDR.

• Like 1

Aqua Class is one kind of stateroom you can book.  All Aqua rooms have a verandah.  All are limited to two person occupancy only.   Your dining  room is called Blu.  You cannot bring guests to Blu, it is for Aqua class only.  

If you are Aqua you do not have a main dining room table aassignement.  If you want to eat in the MDR, coordinate with the Blue staff who can make the arrangements....don’t just go the MDR and expect to find a table there.  

aqua class has most of the amenities given to Concierge Class except for the embarkation day lunch

9 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

It's a bit of a contentious issue but I believe suite guests are granted access to Blu also...

You are correct,  suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available basis.  We have been in a Suite and turned away from Blu as they were busy & had AQ guests waiting to be seated.  Others times not a problem.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kennedysa said:

I know we can dine with her and family.

If she is traveling with children in her cabin, she will not be able to find an Aqua Class cabin since they are all for only two people.  Children can sail in Aqua Class but only if the family splits into multiple cabins If you wish to dine together on a regular basis, you might want to check with the Maitre D' to see if you could be accommodated in the MDR.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

You are correct,  suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available basis.  We have been in a Suite and turned away from Blu as they were busy & had AQ guests waiting to be seated.  Others times not a problem.

It is supposed to be space available, but it varies by ship.  We have encountered severe crowding issues In Blu by them letting suite guests enter, even with lines of 8-10 people waiting for tables.  That was on Reflection, which has more AQ cabins and the same size dining room as other ships.  Not sure how the revolutionizing of ships is affecting this problem, as that includes adding more AQ cabins.  To be fair, they really need to stick to the space available rules as suites already have a very nice assigned dining room.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kennedysa said:

There is very limited space in Blu.  Maybe you all can book the specialty restaurants  for a few nights if you wish to dine together, or you could always forfeit  your dining experience in Blu and join them in their dining room if space is available there.  

18 hours ago, dkjretired said:

You don't have access to Blu as stated on the web site, it is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in the MDR.

🙄 and yet you can still eat in MDR any time you want without a problem...

Not necessarily so. It can be a problem for aqua passengers to eat in the main dining room. It depends on when they want to eat. Often times select dining is sold out. If a passenger is willing to eat at one of the two traditional times, then perhaps a place can be found for them. The important thing is to remember not to just show up at the select dining line and expect a table. With your blue Seapass card, You are liable to be directed back to Blu.   Or you could be given a pager and told that you will be seated when the table is available. It’s not unusual for that to take 30 minutes or more. Really the best way for Aqua passengers who would like to dine in the main dining room to do so is to coordinate that with the Blu maître d’, who  will find out when the best time is available in the main dining room. 

Edited by cruisestitch

4 hours ago, Miaminice said:

🙄 and yet you can still eat in MDR any time you want without a problem...

Point I was trying to make is that many people think they have seats in both Blu and the MDR because of the poor way Celebrity words it on the web site.  They say you have access to Blu, not that it is your assigned dining room.   This has been going on since Blu was first introduced on the Solstice. 

20 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Point I was trying to make is that many people think they have seats in both Blu and the MDR because of the poor way Celebrity words it on the web site.  They say you have access to Blu, not that it is your assigned dining room.   This has been going on since Blu was first introduced on the Solstice. 

I know you keep telling people and I still don´t see the difference... As an Aqua guest you can just walk to the MDR if you choose to do so and you will get a seat when one is available - just like Select Dining. Talking to the Maitre before is often recommended here but not necessary. 

So yes, Celebrity wording states that you have access to BLU. And it is correct, because you are not "forced" to eat in BLU which people might think if they used your words.

From some of your previous posts I think I know what your real concern is. You are afraid that, if more AQ guest went to the MDR, it would make getting a seat for you more difficult. 

Edited by Miaminice

Yes, this is a continuing problem.  The word “access” is so misleading.  It makes it seem like Blu is optional.  

To those Aqua passengers who who report that they have just walked into the Select dining area and were seated with no problem, yes, that can happen but as often as not, there are lines of people waiting to be seated in Select.  Accommodating Aqua passengers at those times isn’t fair to people who chose Select dining.  After all, they can’t just be sent to Blu to balance the load.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I know you keep telling people and I still don´t see the difference... As an Aqua guest you can just walk to the MDR if you choose to do so and you will get a seat when one is available - just like Select Dining. Talking to the Maitre before is often recommended here but not necessary. 

So yes, Celebrity wording states that you have access to BLU. And it is correct, because you are not "forced" to eat in BLU which people might think if they used your words.

From some of your previous posts I think I know what your real concern is. You are afraid that, if more AQ guest went to the MDR, it would make getting a seat for you more difficult. 

Sorry but your thoughts are incorrect.  First, I'm just trying to inform because many people not knowing think Blu is some kind of Speciaty and second haven't been in the MDR for meals in years so could care less about seating being difficult.  I am also not the only person who has written on this. 

Edited by dkjretired

Miaminice, perhaps you have just been lucky with randomly arriving at the Select Dining area and being seated there without prior arrangements,  but in general that is not advised.  The Select Dining host(ess) knows when there is a higher likelihood of tables being available based on the reservations the Select diners have made.  Asking the Select diners to have longer wait times because guests who already have other assignments want to eat in the Main Dining room is not fair.  

• Like 1