Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

1 minute ago, CookieDiva said:

If I’m doing my math right - if $57 is 80% of X then X must be $71.25 per day for our April 19 sailing of the Harmony. So 30% off of that would be just about $50 a day.

May really have to crunch the numbers on this one. Of course we will take it for now and hope that the prices will come down a bit later. 

Or maybe we’ll just cancel.🤷🏻‍♀️

I was using $60. $70+ is a new onboard high to us. 

Wow. This thread is kind of sad.

I understand being disappointed that they won’t honor the price but to be angry and expect other compensation for something you booked knowing good and well was a mistake is crazy. 

• Like 7

So is there any difference between the 30% off the onboard prices that they are offering for the "inconvenience" and the 30% they are offering for their 4th of July sale and the Memorial Day sale that they had?

Just now, molly361 said:

So is there any difference between the 30% off the onboard prices that they are offering for the "inconvenience" and the 30% they are offering for their 4th of July sale and the Memorial Day sale that they had?

no, why do you ask question to which you already know the answer 😉

Edited by dodgestang

25 minutes ago, Petcetera said:

Has anyone gotten an official email yet?

I am not going to believe a tweet or FB. These are the same tweets and posts that said we will honor the price oh wait no we won't honor it. Until it is removed from my cruise planner or I get an official email I am going to carry on as if I am good to go with the package I bought last night

Nothing yet.  And credit card still shows pending charge.

10 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I understand being disappointed that they won’t honor the price but to be angry and expect other compensation for something you booked knowing good and well was a mistake is crazy. 

Crazy?  Harsh words for us, but not for RCCL?   So you are assuming we knew it was a mistake?  All of us?  Everyone?

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

If I can get it for $42-44 I’d be super happy. 

I would have been ok(but not happy) with 35$.

I WAS happy happy at 18$😁

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

For the record, I booked the beverage package at 6:15pm yesterday *after* it had been posted that RC had confirmed to individuals that it was a special deal they were running and that prices would be honored. There had not yet been any mention of a glitch at that point - speculation, yes, but RC communication did not confirm this. 

As someone who only has a drink or two over the course of an entire cruise (with my kids, adults-only is different, lol), I will not be pursuing this matter any further. I only booked because it was a heck of a deal that would, for me, essentially just be the specialty beverage pkg. I do agree, however, that it is insulting for RC to offer the same deal it would anyway for the holiday and say that it’s a special thing to make up for an inconvenience. No, it’s not, and now we know what the company thinks of its customers. 

• Like 4

Just got an email. It’s from Royal Caribbean Cruise Docs, though. It’s an Adventure Confirmation, which seems wrong. And it says, in Norwegian, please download the enclosed PDF of our detailed terms as you as a traveler are obligated to read. 

The only thing enclosed is my Guest Copy of my confirmation invoice. Can’t see anything new on it, and it might have come because they took off my C&A number, or because I added it later. Nothing about The Glitch. 

My money is still on hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

Latest on Twitter: I'm so sorry for any miscommunication. We've made sure we're all on the same page so there's no confusion moving forward. Unfortunately, we won't be honoring that price, but we'll be offering 30% off to all sailings impacted by the glitch. -Candy

They've been running FAKE sales for so long even they're believing them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Crazy?  Harsh words for us, but not for RCCL?   So you are assuming we knew it was a mistake?  All of us?  Everyone?

I’m sure there are some that didn’t outright know it was a mistake. Though I personally can’t imagine someone thinking $18 a day for unlimited booze makes sense. That being said it’s clear that the majority here knew it was a mistake and rushed to grab it anyway. No I don’t feel sympathy for those people and no I don’t think they are owed anything other than their money back. 

We unfortunately live in a society where people want something for nothing and always have their hand out for freebies. The mentality that to have good customer service they must give you something for free.  

If Carnival can survive the poop cruise I’m sure royal will survive this. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I would have been ok(but not happy) with 35$.

I WAS happy happy at 18$😁

At $18 I first thought there was no way it was true then thought it was a crazy deal based on posts saying reps reported it was a holiday special so I bought and was amazed. Then when I saw it was likely wrong I figured it would be canceled and I was eh about it. Oh well. The thing that upset me was the backtracking after saying they’d honor the mistake. That peeved me. But honestly, $42-44 would have been a price that I would have been very pleased to have if none of this had happened so I will still be happy if it is approximately that price in the end. We are buying it anyway🤷🏼‍♀️

4 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I’m sure there are some that didn’t outright know it was a mistake. Though I personally can’t imagine someone thinking $18 a day for unlimited booze makes sense. That being said it’s clear that the majority here knew it was a mistake and rushed to grab it anyway. No I don’t feel sympathy for those people and no I don’t think they are owed anything other than their money back. 

We unfortunately live in a society where people want something for nothing and always have their hand out for freebies. The mentality that to have good customer service they must give you something for free.  

Cold, that you are.   Yoda.

7 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

23 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

NCL charges $18 per day for the unlimited alcohol package (technically the package is free, you just pay $18 per day for grats); they just incorporate the rest of the bottom line in higher base fares for the cruise.

I have no doubt that there are people out there who thought $18 per day was reasonable and made sense.

Cruise lines get so creative with their "sales" that you have to do a lot of work or be very familiar with an individual cruise line to know if something is right or not. Sure, most of the people in this thread had a very good idea it was a mistake; but we are also people who frequent a cruising forum dedicated to Royal Caribbean, so we're mostly more in tune with what's normal than your average consumer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Anyone get an official email yet?

It's been pushed back to tomorrow:

From Twitter: Hi, there. We know things have been frustrating and are truly sorry for the way things have panned out. Based on your feedback, we’re taking some time to rethink things and we’ll provide another update tomorrow. Appreciate your patience! -Zack