Electric Kettles Question

SargassoPirate

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure they do. But if you have 7 consecutive sea days, the freshness of the milk on day 7 can be a little suspect!

Why should it not be fresh? It's kept refrigerated in the galley/hold. We buy 3-4 large bottles of milk per week from our supermarket (ensuring they are long dated) and it is very unusual for us to have to throw any away after a week or more. Usually the last bottle is a fresh as the first.

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure they do. But if you have 7 consecutive sea days, the freshness of the milk on day 7 can be a little suspect!

Most milk from a supermarket has a 7/10 day sell by date, and those tend to be a bit conservative.

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Milk is one of those handy foods that, as long as you have a sense of smell, tells you when it is no longer fresh.  I am sure the kitchen staff know that then they need to use packet milk.  Surely that is not a huge issue.  

8 hours ago, Hatters cruiser said:

The biscuits we had on Ventura during our recent cruise of Norway starting the 28th of July were disappointing, not the normal ones but thin French cookies in only Butter or Coconut versions.

Seems like a further ‘upgrade’ to the lower end of the market.

I got used to UHT milk and now prefer the taste to pasteurized. To my palette it tastes creamier and unopened cartons can be stored without refrigeration for several months. Fresh milk is only fresh if it has come straight from the cow.

42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No

some Celebrity ships have a lawn area to keep the cows.

Method in their madness.Lawn club grill becomes lush pastures after midnight.Saves on the gardener as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hatters cruiser said:

The biscuits we had on Ventura during our recent cruise of Norway starting the 28th of July were disappointing, not the normal ones but thin French cookies in only Butter or Coconut versions.

Yes, they have seriously downgraded the biscuits.  The packet makes them look like they are nice French Galettes but in reality they are like a cheap rich tea.  Bring back the Priory Crumbles! 😁  The current ones are so thin & small that they must save a lot of space in the stores on-board.

9 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Yes, they have seriously downgraded the biscuits.  The packet makes them look like they are nice French Galettes but in reality they are like a cheap rich tea.  Bring back the Priory Crumbles! 😁  The current ones are so thin & small that they must save a lot of space in the stores on-board.

No,they are upgrading to these.

Screenshot_2019-08-15 cadbury dairy milk biscuits 110g - Google Search.png