Hurricane Dorian talk

11 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Port Canaveral has not changed operating status to XRAY. 48 hours before suspected gale force winds. Next status change results in restrictions. 

Their twitter person goofed then

https://twitter.com/PortCanaveral/status/1167161288935583745

Edited by smplybcause

Just now, Racer26 said:

Pretty sure the previous poster meant to say 'now' rather than 'not'.  I checked PC's website, they've definitely set condition XRAY as of 3pm today.

That would make more sense! Those finger fumbles that change the whole sentence!

Miami and Port Everglades went X-RAY too.  Hmmm..

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_19_018_Port_Condition_X_RAY_578e740b-075b-40ab-92e1-abbfd3f95a2f.pdf

And anticipate going Yankee tomorrow..ughhhh

Edited by AshleyDillo

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

Yeah funny how people not on the ship like us have more info.

It was from *****, I never said it was right or that I know more than those on it. 

I will be on it 9/1 hopefully. Hope you have a great rest of your trip and make it back 9/1 so I can get on. 

Edited by repo-cruiser
typo

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

Yeah funny how people not on the ship like us have more info.

It was from *****, I never said it was right or that I know more than those on it. 

I will be on it 9/1 hopefully. Hope you have a great rest of your trip and make it back 9/1 so I can get on. 

Edited by repo-cruiser
typo

2 minutes ago, repo-cruiser said:

Oops forgot I can't post the source.

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Miami and Port Everglades went X-RAY too.  Hmmm..

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_19_018_Port_Condition_X_RAY_578e740b-075b-40ab-92e1-abbfd3f95a2f.pdf

And anticipate going Yankee tomorrow..ughhhh

Well I mean, thats kind of how these things work - going XRAY is ~24hr ahead of going YANKEE by definition

3 minutes ago, repo-cruiser said:

I now know that site is unreliable and found the reliable site that shows Allure heading to Cozumel. Sorry for the inaccurate info in the earlier post.

On the lower right side of the map, it indicates either "planned" or "actual" position.  Ship's itinerary was changed. 

12 minutes ago, Racer26 said:

Well I mean, thats kind of how these things work - going XRAY is ~24hr ahead of going YANKEE by definition

I figured the forecast could alter that a bit..make the 24 hour period a little longer as it's based on anticipation of the arrival of the TS force winds.  They didn't give an anticipated time for Yankee like they did yesterday for X-Ray.

19 minutes ago, repo-cruiser said:

I now know that site is unreliable and found the reliable site that shows Allure heading to Cozumel. Sorry for the inaccurate info in the earlier post.

The site you were posting from was showing the projected position based on the original itinerary.  It was not updated when they switched from east to west.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Very wise. If they find out the cruise is cancelled they might want to escape before the airport is closed. Not fun at all either way. 

They are on our Allure TA for Nov 1st 2020 so she is reporting in regularly to let us all know their status. 

Just now, ryano said:

Rumor is that the crew on Harmony has said they are headed back to Cozumel.  

I heard from a crew on harmony that there’s talk of Sunday being a sea day. My friend spoke their HR person about the rumors and was told nothing is official yet

3 minutes ago, tface023 said:

I heard from a crew on harmony that there’s talk of Sunday being a sea day. My friend spoke their HR person about the rumors and was told nothing is official yet

I deleted the post.  Its not correct.  🙂

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

Port Canaveral has now changed operating status to XRAY. 48 hours before suspected gale force winds. Next status change results in restrictions. 

They're sure not taking any chances in the area - now NASA has brought the crawler transporter to the launch pad to move the 400-foot tall mobile launcher to the vehicle assembly building if needed:

https://www.cnet.com/news/nasas-kennedy-space-center-prepares-for-hurricane-dorian/