Hurricane Dorian talk

2 hours ago, milkman3232 said:

Know told it's an error, symphony is going.to Miami Saturday morning as planned

I am onboard now

Website has been updated to remove the error for the 8/24 sailing. 

Still no official confirmation on exact plans for the 8/31 sailing of Symphony but glad it does not look to be outright canceled.

7 hours ago, computerdude1032 said:

@dodge9, i feel so bad for you.  I figured your 8/31 crusie would get off fine and maybe even get extended a day.  I figured it would be our 9/3 on Symphony being impacted.  Can't believe they are straigt up cancelling all of you.

I thought we would turn into a planned four night.  Finally got some info from RCCL last night that the posted altered itineary was incorrect, and they took it down.  They said our cruise will go out and to expect an update by 3 pm today... those onboard the Symphony of the Seas currently posted a letter stating their stay in Nassau would be shorttened today to arrive back into Miami Saturday early.  Thinking we may leave earlier than planned Saturday.  Now hoping flight goes.... as teh world turns.... 

This hurricane is giving forecasters fits.  Timing appears to be favorable for ships coming and going this weekend. But not so much for any ship trying to return or leave in the early part of the week.  And certainly not going to be great cookout weather for anyone living along the Florida East coast.  Just hoping they all take heed and evacuate when asked if not earlier.

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Just hoping they all take heed and evacuate when asked if not earlier.

Evacuate to where exactly?  Look at the forecast.  The entire coast of Florida is covered under the predictions at this point in time.  They had us about to run during Matthew...if we had listened we would have been running straight into the storm.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Evacuate to where exactly?  Look at the forecast.  The entire coast of Florida is covered under the predictions at this point in time.  They had us about to run during Matthew...if we had listened we would have been running straight into the storm.  

California maybe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

Yeah funny how people not on the ship like us have more info.

Are you guys lost? 🤣

My son is getting married tomorrow and I purchased a cruise for them leaving out of Miami. Paid in full months ago. They received an email below from the cruise line.....from the looks at it they are telling my son that his four day cruise is shortening to 1 day. Leave Miami late Wed....stop at one port thursday....return back to miami Fri. His only option is to receive a credit for a future cruise. NO REFUNDS? The problem is it was his honeymoon and the money for it is in the cruise. I purchased the insurance. After reading that it appears that it doesn't refund our money either. How can they drastically change a cruise by knocking off 2 days and not give the guests refunds? If this is in fact true and we have no recourse this will certainly be the last cruise for anyone in our family with Royal Carribean. I certainly realize that a hurricane can happen but not offering refunds for something like this is beyond me.....

Any suggestions?

• A refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit. Plus, a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us.
    • Both amounts will be in the value of the 2 days your cruise was shortened by, and based on the total cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.
  • In addition, if you purchased an internet, beverage, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund as a credit for the 2 days your cruise was shortened by to your Onboard Account.
  • Any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for the impacted ports will also be refunded to your Onboard Account.

All credits applied to your Onboard Account can be used anywhere onboard, and any unused credits will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

While we hope you choose to sail with us, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with: 

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by email by Friday, September 20th, 2019.
  • You’ll also receive a full refund for any pre-purchased items like, shore excursions, beverage packages, pre-paid gratuities, and your taxes & fees. If you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it says a refund given as refundable onboard credit and a future cruise credit.

I hope and wish but reading it sure sounds like no cruise cost refunds....only on repurchased items.....

• You’ll also receive a full refund for any pre-purchased items like, shore excursions, beverage packages, pre-paid gratuities, and your taxes & fees. If you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.
  •  
  • A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by email by Friday, September 20th, 2019.

6 minutes ago, bclinton said:

My son is getting married tomorrow and I purchased a cruise for them leaving out of Miami. Paid in full months ago. They received an email below from the cruise line.....from the looks at it they are telling my son that his four day cruise is shortening to 1 day. Leave Miami late Wed....stop at one port thursday....return back to miami Fri. His only option is to receive a credit for a future cruise. NO REFUNDS? The problem is it was his honeymoon and the money for it is in the cruise. I purchased the insurance. After reading that it appears that it doesn't refund our money either. How can they drastically change a cruise by knocking off 2 days and not give the guests refunds? If this is in fact true and we have no recourse this will certainly be the last cruise for anyone in our family with Royal Carribean. I certainly realize that a hurricane can happen but not offering refunds for something like this is beyond me.....

Any suggestions?

• A refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit. Plus, a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us.
    • Both amounts will be in the value of the 2 days your cruise was shortened by, and based on the total cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.
  • In addition, if you purchased an internet, beverage, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund as a credit for the 2 days your cruise was shortened by to your Onboard Account.
  • Any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for the impacted ports will also be refunded to your Onboard Account.

All credits applied to your Onboard Account can be used anywhere onboard, and any unused credits will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

While we hope you choose to sail with us, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with: 

Your travel insurance may offer a refund but the Weather is not Royals fault for the weather.    A future cruise credit so that they can enjoy a delayed honey moon or a one year anniversary cruise such that no money is lost due to this act of Mother Nature is perfectly reasonable and likely above and beyond what was in the T&Cs that you signed.   

Im sure it’s hugely disappointing to have a honeymoon impacted but cruising out of Florida on Monday just isn’t gonna be an option.   

Were they flying into Florida for the cruise?   Has the airline offered change options?   

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Earthquakes and fires.  Maybe Ohio

Hey

I kinda like O-H-I-O

Yea we had a little earthquake here.

Yea, that tornado was devastating, lives were  lost, but tragedy does make people come together and get closer for those in need.

Yea, been snowed in......................just a few blizzards and whats a few feet of snow!

But it is a nice place to visit.

Got two extra guest rooms.

Be safe

3 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Your travel insurance may offer a refund but the Weather is not Royals fault for the weather.    A future cruise credit so that they can enjoy a delayed honey moon or a one year anniversary cruise such that no money is lost due to this act of Mother Nature is perfectly reasonable and likely above and beyond what was in the T&Cs that you signed.   

Im sure it’s hugely disappointing to have a honeymoon impacted but cruising out of Florida on Monday just isn’t gonna be an option.   

Were they flying into Florida for the cruise?   Has the airline offered change options?   

I agree that natural disasters are not their fault but it's not the travelers fault either. Issuing a refund for a future cruise and letting the traveler decide what to do with THEIR money is a reasonable request. They can cancel their airline because it was bought with points. 

I'll be really interested to see how CocoCay fares. Current track has it going almost directly over the island as a Category 4 hurricane. I know Daredevil's peak was built to withstand a 5, but there's plenty of smaller buildings that probably wouldn't fare too well. Also can't imagine the damage the storm surge will end up doing to Oasis Lagoon and such.

8 minutes ago, mattb31 said:

I'll be really interested to see how CocoCay fares. Current track has it going almost directly over the island as a Category 4 hurricane. I know Daredevil's peak was built to withstand a 5, but there's plenty of smaller buildings that probably wouldn't fare too well. Also can't imagine the damage the storm surge will end up doing to Oasis Lagoon and such.

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the track this morning. 

8 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the track this morning. 

Yeah and worth noting that a category 4 hurricane usually has wind gusts that extend well into the category 5 range. So if it does go over CocoCay I'd expect some severe damage.

7 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am currently on the Equinox and we are returning to FLL on Saturday.  The ship is arriving a couple of hours early to get everyone off and then they plan to board the new passengers and depart.  I was to be on the 9/1 Allure for a btb, but now I will have to wait for Wednesday.  I am sticking around because I have a btb so it will be an 11 night cruise for me.  If it had not been a btb, I would just fly home this Saturday.  I was able to add three more nights to my hotel reservation and make a rental car reservation.

Being in FLL I would make sure you take out the insurance on the car. Storm is now looking to hit West Palm which isn't that far from FLL. 

24 minutes ago, bclinton said:

I agree that natural disasters are not their fault but it's not the travelers fault either. Issuing a refund for a future cruise and letting the traveler decide what to do with THEIR money is a reasonable request. They can cancel their airline because it was bought with points. 

Here is the revised itinerary offer......this does nothing but slap the consumer n the face........pretty unbelievable. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Thurs

Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

56 minutes ago, bclinton said:

A refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit. Plus, a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us.

And this part is what I was referring to.

5 minutes ago, bclinton said:

Here is the revised itinerary offer......this does nothing but slap the consumer n the face........pretty unbelievable. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

Thurs

Fri

Miami, Florida

Well that's wishful thinking with the eye of a Cat 4 passing - what? best case 80 miles north? with a hurricane 150+ miles wide - on Sunday/Monday. Miami might have a shot at leaving Wed, but the eye won't be near Canaveral until 2am Wed so those ships aren't returning Wed unless that changes. 

16 minutes ago, bclinton said:

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

Thurs

Fri

Miami, Florida

Highly doubt CocoCay (or any Bahamas ports) will be up and running by Thurs if current track holds anyways. What are they gonna do then? Have a 2 night cruise to nowhere?

I really feel for everyone with cruise schedule issues, and even more so for those who live in harms way. :classic_sad:

I'm sure people have said it here a hundred times, but if you CAN'T be flexible with your plans, DON'T book a cruise to the Carib or Bahamas during hurricane season.  And always buy insurance if you do take a chance and book it.  You could be the one on an extended cruise, missing flights, or you could be the one with a shortened cruise, feeling cheated.  Hopefully it's a lesson for the future. 

Trying to run a 2 night cruise so that they don't "cancel" absurd.  Cancel now, give guests who haven't come to FL a chance to avoid the whole mess.  Get your current guests off safely...assess any damages to CocoCay, give your crew a day or two or downtime as you run from the storm.  This 2 night itinerary is ridiculous.  

Even the 2 night Bahamas cruise ship from West Palm runs away. 

2 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

Highly doubt CocoCay (or any Bahamas ports) will be up and running by Thurs if current track holds anyways. What are they gonna do then? Have a 2 night cruise to nowhere?

• Like 1