Latitudes 20% off mistake?

Punnymaker

Yesterday I noticed the Latitudes 20% off offer appear on all of the cruises available to book.  However, none of the prices actually changed.  I assume the offer appearing on all of the cruises is a mistake.  Does anyone have any further info?  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Punnymaker said:

Yesterday I noticed the Latitudes 20% off offer appear on all of the cruises available to book.  However, none of the prices actually changed.  I assume the offer appearing on all of the cruises is a mistake.  Does anyone have any further info?  Thanks.

Same, I saw the same issue! I was excited for a second, but then realized none of the prices changed!

I just noticed this too.  It appears to be a glitch, as there's normally a message when you click through the booking that tells you you're getting 20% off and an extra point.  That doesn't appear on these "newly added" sailings.

5 minutes ago, Dachgraf said:

Did you Login as a Latitude?

And after this, did you simulate a booking?

After choosing a special cabin you will see the lower price ...

Yes. I am a latitudes rewards member (have only sailed with NCL once though). I logged on and it says I get 20%, but the prices aren't reflected. Do you think calling NCL will accomplish anything? 

Not surprised that it "was a mistake" on NCL's corporate end ... and they tend to happen on weekends.  PCC and/or call center agents can't do anything about it.  Plus, other offers "set" to expire soon, hurry and/or extended for a limited time (sure, yeah, yada yada ...)  Correct me on this, 20% were previously applicable to select sailings only (or all sailings within a specific time frame  ??) 

You have to be logged into your MyNCL account and do a mock booking before the 20% shows up. It only applies to new bookings so had to cancel and re-book my reservation. So here were the changes - I lost the perks of the Distinctive Voyages package, 300 in OBC, the DSC had gone up as had the beverage and dining packages so the gratuities went up. Now the room rate had gone down 800.00 - which covered most of my cost increases and losses. Then the 20% kicked in and I saved thousands.

Because I booked through a TA he was the one who had to do the cancel and re-book. He also had issues from not being able to even see the cruises to NCL telling him my cruise was not on the list. This was back when there were over 300 cruises on the list. Don't let them tell you it is a computer error. 

There does seem to be a computer glitch - I have 2 cruises booked, with the 20%.  Both still show the "Past lattitudes member" icon, but only one of them actually applies the 20% when I do a mock booking now.  When I booked the first one a month or so ago, the 20% wasn't showing when my TA tried to book it for me, so I booked it and then transferred it to the TA.

So yes, they should honor it but it might take some fancy talking and patience.  I'd take a screen-shot of the web page that shows the cabin/sail-date is eligible for the 20%, since it doesn't apply across the board.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Punnymaker said:

if i rember correct the 20% discount was not at the beginning of the booking, after the room choose i think you saw the price with discount. but not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

if i rember correct the 20% discount was not at the beginning of the booking, after the room choose i think you saw the price with discount. but not 100% sure.

I am at the end of the process (where I chose whether or not I want a courtesy hold or pay in full).

Edited by jbethel11
Forgot period.

This will be my last post on this thread. 

To be clear, I was given a list of cruises that were still valid for the 20% discount as of Oct. 6th when I boarded the Joy in Vancouver.  

This cruise, NCL Jewel, Apr. 17 - 30, 2020 from Papeete, Tahiti to Honolulu, HI. 

USD:

ok ov (not logged in) 2598 + 257 fas + 185 taxes 
= 3040
OK OV (logged in) 2078 + fas 185 + taxes 185 
= 2520

Plus, because you're a Latitudes Member, 
we've reduced your cruise fare by 20%. You'll 
also receive 1 additional 
Latitudes point per night for booking this 
sailing.

12 hours ago, Punnymaker said:

I saw the same and called my group reservation agent, we both played around with the web page and modifying our booking, even trying new ones. She filed a ticket with their IT to look at and confirmed this morning it is a glitch in the system.  Some cruises are showing the past guest or Latitudes discount but mistake.

• Like 1

I have been doing mock bookings while logged in and noticed that the prices fell when the 20% kicked in.  So, on July 10, the room I was looking at (HB) was 9899 pp.  Then on 7/16, when the 20% kicked in, it fell to 7919 pp) (Haven HB Bliss  14 day cruise).   It has been in that price range ever since. 

I looked at a cruise when the 20% first went into effect.  I was curious if the prices would fluctuate later on, and they did just that.  The cruise I was looking at had the gold star on both mock bookings, and the total when the first looked was $5350.  Earlier this week it jumped to $6609.  I truly hope this is a glitch.

I did a mock booking and took it all the way to the end with no change in price to reflect a 20% savings.  When I hovered over the 20% savings bar with my mouse it said "price shown reflects 20% savings".  This is not true because the prices are the same on my TA website before putting in my Latitudes number.  So what's the best way to get the 20% off on a qualifying cruise?  Call them directly?

11 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

This will be my last post on this thread. 

To be clear, I was given a list of cruises that were still valid for the 20% discount as of Oct. 6th when I boarded the Joy in Vancouver.  

This cruise, NCL Jewel, Apr. 17 - 30, 2020 from Papeete, Tahiti to Honolulu, HI. 

USD:

ok ov (not logged in) 2598 + 257 fas + 185 taxes 
= 3040
OK OV (logged in) 2078 + fas 185 + taxes 185 
= 2520

Plus, because you're a Latitudes Member, 
we've reduced your cruise fare by 20%. You'll 
also receive 1 additional 
Latitudes point per night for booking this 
sailing.

Thank you for showing the breakdown.  I am not getting the same result when I do a mock booking.  I know you're not making another post, but I sure wish I knew your secret as I would love to get the 20% discount.  Have 2 cruises I need to get on the books and a discount would be really nice.  Guess I will call someone.

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you for showing the breakdown.  I am not getting the same result when I do a mock booking.  I know you're not making another post, but I sure wish I knew your secret as I would love to get the 20% discount.  Have 2 cruises I need to get on the books and a discount would be really nice.  Guess I will call someone.

Well, I can't ignore a request for help, LOL.  

When are you planning to cruise and do you have a specific cruise in mind?  I have 12 pages (double sided) of cruises which are still eligible for the 20% discount.  I was advised that, as time goes on, this list could get smaller (more marketing ploy I suspect). 

Let me know what you're looking for/at and I'll check it for you. 

BTW, I use the link in the Latitudes email I receive from NCL. Not sure if that makes a difference but perhaps it does. 

Cheers