$1 Deposits only on October 31

idahospud

8 hours ago, JoAnneNYI said:

So if I take advantage of this...what is the best way to handle trip insurance if want the pre existing waiver in which need to pay for said insurance within 14 days of deposit? Especially if I'm booking 2 years out. 

Look into Nationwide cruise insurance.  They offer a policy with pre existing condition waiver that you can actually purchase at the time of final payment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, liamur14 said:

So with only $1 deposit, what is the catch? Are you comitted to the booking  in any way if you cancel it ...or can you cancel and all you will lose is the dollar? All new to me?  CAn you add insurance after you book?

Could you add the Princess insurance when reserving? I pay for that when I pay for the cruise not when I book it. That's what I did when I booked the Pacific Northwest Coast Cruise with $1 (balance due 12/30/19)

Edited by Ombud

9 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Several times a year lately . Never much advance notice .

TA’ s here on CC often are alerted first and post .

This one on a date , around no significant event , is unusual.

It does work for Princess . I book a far in the future cruise on a whim most every time , and end up taking that cruise.

It is Halloween and this is a treat from Princess.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rnff2 said:

Look into Nationwide cruise insurance.  They offer a policy with pre existing condition waiver that you can actually purchase at the time of final payment. 

The poster wants to make sure that the waiver is applied at this time. When final payment is due, there may be a new medical problem or a change to an existing medical problem that will not allow the waiver to be issued.

• Like 1

If you want 'cancel for any reason' (not using Princess), the policy must be purchased on the same day that the cruise is booked. If you cancel the cruise before any payments are made, there would be nothing to insure and you would get a refund for the insurance. This recently happened for a friend.

Thanks everyone for your replies. 

I have looked into those that waiver pre-existing conditions if buy by final payment just recently.  It's valid as long as can medically travel on day you purchased the policy. CSA also has that kind of policy. Nationwide's policy was $70 more than CSA when I priced it out for my next cruise with final payment due in December.

I am trying to book a three for free cruise today and it says it’s a 1 dollar deposit but when I get the reserve page it says the deposit is 200.   Anyone else having that problem.  I do not really want to have to call them today!  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mina said:

I am trying to book a three for free cruise today and it says it’s a 1 dollar deposit but when I get the reserve page it says the deposit is 200.   Anyone else having that problem.  I do not really want to have to call them today!  

Yes. I’m seeing the same thing. Must be a glitch! 

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

I put the cruise/room on hold yesterday when I saw this post. Today I called and while on the phone with the rep I pulled up the Princess site. As soon as she said she had cancelled the hold, I booked for $1!!! The deposit would have been $700 woohoo!!! Thank you @idahospud for the heads up.

Awesome!

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes. I’m seeing the same thing. Must be a glitch! 

Nope.  I bet you are trying to book a suite.  I am on the phone with them now.  Their fine print says that suites are excluded from the $1 deposit, but do give you the $100 pp rate rather than 10% of the fare.  However, I am "discussing" with them that I understand all that but the fine print available to the public on their website does NOT exclude suites from this offer.  Will let you know.  If you are trying to book a suite, you might have to call Princess and push it.  Will let you know if I am successful or not.  On hold while she checks.

Pooh

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:27 PM, idahospud said:

One Day Only! -- $1 Deposits

We’re ending our Great Escapes Sale and 3 For FREE Sale with a big bang! On October 31st,

your clients can book with just a $1 deposit plus enjoy the Great Escapes or 3 for FREE offers. This $1 deposit sale is valid for one day only – October 31.

Disclaimer

†$1 Deposits promotion applies to all new bookings made on October 31, 2019 only for 6- to 49-day voyages sailing on or after Feb 1, 2020. Cruises in which final payment is required are not eligible. Deposits of $1 are refundable. Other select cruises and cruisetours are excluded

Did it today !!!  Sky Princess 2021, here we come !! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mina said:

Yes!  Exact same thing happened to me this morning.  I figured I would try again later?  Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, here's the scoop.  Suites are excluded from the $1 deposit but do get the special deposit of $200 rather than the normal 20%of fare deposit.  It is refundable.  After discussing with customer relations (one step up from regular rep.), she agreed with me but could not give $1.  I asked her if she could give some OBC to cover "interest" I would be losing(well it might amount to about $3.00 by the time of the cruise in 2021! Grin), and she said she couldn't.  BUT, she is able to help out in other areas, and we ended up getting a specialty dinner for two at Crown Grille and 2 free coffee cards.  I think that was very fair of Princess.  Please be advised I was very sweet but firm during my conversation with her and not mean, etc.  We communicated well and came to a mutual agreement that was fair to all.  And am going to enjoy my "go to" stateroom(on the new ships, Sky, Enchanted, Discovery) of S108 or S107 on the Sky!

Pooh

On 10/30/2019 at 2:11 AM, steelers36 said:

Wowee Zowee!!!  Princess has made the $1 deposit refundable.  Better book quick before they change it to NRD!!!  😏

I booked last time when it was NRD $1 deposit. I had to cancel as in the end I couldn't get the time off from work. I got the $2 deposit credited back to the credit card.

1 hour ago, Cafedumonde said:

Yes!  Exact same thing happened to me this morning.  I figured I would try again later?  Anyone have any ideas?

its working now -- but really slow and the site is going wacky --